PDA

View Full Version : Dining Choices

cdforbes
04-10-2007, 06:40 AM
We are traveling with friends in June and have made some ADR"S. Can you please tell me if these are good choices or shall we try something else. Tony's Town Square, Coral Reef, Hollywood & Vine, Cap'n Jacks, Lecellier ( all are for dinner reservations):mickey:

bicker
04-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Tony's Town Square - Adequate, and if you must have a sit-down meal in the Magic Kingdom itself, and don't want a character meal, it's the best choice.

Coral Reef - Very good. This used to be a super-deluxe restaurant, but now much more affordable, yet still very good.

Hollywood & Vine - There are better choices. Why not switch to doing a character meal in the Magic Kingdom (Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern instead of Tony's), and do 50s Prime Time Cafe at Disney-MGM Studios.

Cap'n Jacks - This holds the distinction of being the only place you can get lobster on the Dining Plan. Otherwise, it's just "okay".

Le Cellier - Pretty decent, though not as good as some would have you believe. Our recent visit there was marginally better than some earlier visits -- at least this time the steaks were horribly overdone. There are better choices nearby, though, such as Chefs de France.

ElenitaB
04-10-2007, 09:09 AM
First of all, the best dining experiences tend to be had in the company of good friends! So you're definitely on the right path! Here are some my thoughts about where you've booked:

Tony's Town Square - As Bicker says, TTS is adequate. If you're from the Boston area and are used to great Italian restaurants, you might come away from your dinner a bit disappointed. It is, however, lovely and if the weather permits, ask for a table on the porch. Better yet, try to time your reservation for a table on the porch during SpectroMagic.

Coral Reef - Lots of folks complain about CR but we really liked it. Not all our appetizers were up to snuff (avoid the seafood and crab souffle like the plague), but 90% of what we did have was yummy. And the restaurant itself is beautiful. I definitely can see why people would book private parties there (like wedding receptions and stuff).

Hollywood & Vine - Being a buffet, everyone in your party will be able to find something they like. If you're going to H&V as part of the Fantasmic package, definitely keep your ADR. However, if you're not and you're not on the DDP, how about stepping outside the park, and heading over to Todd English's bluezoo at the Dolphin, Il Mulino New York Trattoria at the Swan, Spoodles at the Boardwalk or even Beaches & Cream (fun place for burgers and sundaes) at the Beach Club. While they're all really within walking distance, you can also take a boat over to anyone of these resorts. It might serve as a nice break from park hopping and definitely will be an opportunity for a good meal.

Cap'n Jacks - Never been but have read good and bad (but doesn't that happen with every place?)

Le Cellier - I'm not a huge canivore so much of the charm of Le Cellier's menu (except for its cheese soup) is lost on me. Your mileage will most certainly vary!

As I said above, the best meals are those partaken with friends... so enjoy! :wine:

threeh
04-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Have a great trip!!!

I like Tony's. The atmosphere is fun. The food is ok. If you can book toward the time of SPectromagic you can request a table on the porch and get a really great view of the parade.

We ate at Le Cellier for the first time and it was very very good. I would eat there again any time.

I never been to Capt'n Jack's, sorry.

Have fun!!!:mickey: