PDA

View Full Version : Are there buses from the parks to Downtown Disney?

sunshinegirl
04-09-2007, 10:00 PM
or....do I have to take a bus to a resort and then go to Downtown? If that is the case, which resort should I go to for the fastest route to Downtown Disney? Thanks....::blush:

Nick Mc
04-09-2007, 10:06 PM
No the busses do not run to the parks from Downtown Disney or vice vers... if you are at the MK it really dosent matter because the bus usually stops at all 3 resorts along the Monorail Track. Epcot, you can walk to the beach club, or the boardwalk and take one from there... the same goes for Studios. and at DAK i would say go to the DAK loudge and go to DTD from there!

Tinkermom
04-09-2007, 10:11 PM
While at MK a nice bus CM told me the fastest way to Downtown Disney from MK was to hop on a Saratoga Springs bus. The Saratoga bus stops at Downtown Disney as one of it's stops. I think it was the second stop after stopping at Saratoga. I am not sure if this bus makes the same loop from other parks though.

pjbs35a
04-09-2007, 10:15 PM
A little more Transportation Information:

Q: What is the best way to get around within the Walt Disney World® Resort?

A: There are many modes of transportation within the Walt Disney World Resort, including Bus, Boat and Monorail. A rundown of transportation within the resort:

By Bus:
Most areas of the Walt Disney World Resort are accessible by bus from other areas within the Resort, including Theme Parks*, Water Parks, the Disney Resorts and the Downtown Disney® area. Buses travel on routes throughout the Resort and do not provide direct service between all destinations.
*Magic Kingdom® Park is not accessible by bus from Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney's Polynesian Resort. These Resorts provide monorail transportation to the park.

By Boat:
The Magic Kingdom® Park is accessible by water launch from Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Polynesian Resort, Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The Disney ferryboats connect the Magic Kingdom Park to the Transportation and Ticket Center (adjacent to Magic Kingdom parking).

Epcot® and Disney-MGM Studios are accessible by boat from Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas Resort, Disney's Yacht Club and Disney's Beach Club Resorts and the Walt Disney World Swan and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotels.

Downtown Disney® is accessible by ferryboat from Disney's Port Orleans Resort and Disney's Old Key West Resort.

By Monorail:
Disney's monorail runs between the Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Polynesian Resort and the Transportation and Ticket Center (adjacent to the Magic Kingdom parking lot). A connecting monorail takes Guests from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Epcot.

JPL
04-09-2007, 10:40 PM
While at MK a nice bus CM told me the fastest way to Downtown Disney from MK was to hop on a Saratoga Springs bus.

This is definately the fastest way from a Park to DTD :thumbsup:

Disney stopped the buses between the parks and DTD for a few reasons but the foremost reason was people parking at DTD and taking the Bus to the parks thus beating the parking fee :(

sunshinegirl
04-10-2007, 04:42 PM
While at MK a nice bus CM told me the fastest way to Downtown Disney from MK was to hop on a Saratoga Springs bus. The Saratoga bus stops at Downtown Disney as one of it's stops. I think it was the second stop after stopping at Saratoga. I am not sure if this bus makes the same loop from other parks though.

Thanks everyone. Does anyone know if there is a Saratoga Springs bus at all of the parks?

wendy*darling
04-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Yes, every Disney Resort has a bus for each of the parks.

I am not certain about the SSR bus stopping at Downtown Disney on every trip however. That was not the case when we stayed at SSR. Ask the driver to be sure before you get on. If you do end up at SSR- you can also walk over to DTD from there.

But, you could take a bus from any park to SSR, OKW or Port Orleans and catch the boat to DTD. While maybe not the fastest way (or maybe it is) it is certainly unique and a scenic trip! And you get to see a little of another resort. :mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Exit the park from the International Gateway. Walk down the path to the Beach Club resort, and get on the DD bus there!

peemagg
04-18-2007, 10:44 PM
If you take the bus over to DTD from SSR, get off at Congress Park. They have a trail there that is down by the water. It is less than a 10 minute walk from there. Quite nice. We did it several times on our past trip.