PDA

View Full Version : How long should I allow for this scenario?

hope
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
We'll be arriving at POFQ on a Sunday evening around 5:30 (we'll be driving) and from there would like to head over to the CR for dinner at Chef Mickey's.
I'm trying to determine, 1) how long I should allow for check-in, dropping our bags off in our room and then transportation time over to CR?
Would ADRs at 6:30 be pushing it too much?

And 2) what's the best way to get to the CR from POFQ?
I'm thinking we should either take a bus to MK, then hop the monorail over to CR OR take the boat from POFQ to DD and then grab a bus to CR. Opinions? Other ideas?

Pirate Granny
04-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I personally would just drive since you have the car...I wouldn't make the reservation until 7pm...you would hate to miss your time...if you choose to take the bus, don't waste your time walking over the the monorail...the sidewalk to the comtemporary is right there...by the time you walk across and up the ramp, wait for the monorail and take it over you could've already walked over...it's a nice walk and you can stretch you legs after your drive...I wouldn't take the bus to DD...too much time waiting for the bus to come both at FQ and then again at DD...have a wonderful dinner:cloud9:

faline
04-10-2007, 05:39 AM
I'd make reservations later than 6:30 as well. You never know if you'll be delayed on the road. I'd allow at least one-half hour for the check in process and another half-hour to get to your room and freshen up. That already puts you at 6:30 if you arrive on time and you haven't even left for the Contemporary yet!

If you don't wish to drive, I'd take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then walk or monorail from there. I think that route would be much quicker than getting to Downtown Disney and bussing from that location!

kakn7294
04-10-2007, 08:48 AM
I'd make the ADR no earlier than 7p as well, maybe even 7:30p, especially if you are relying on Disney transportation. Allow at least 1 hr at the resort and then plan for at least 1/2 hr transportation time. Take the MK bus and walk from the bus stop to the Contemporary - takes about 5 minutes at a normal pace. It's better to arrive early than late for an ADR!