PDA

View Full Version : Akershus Storybook Breakfast

mousaholic
04-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Does anybody have a food review of Akershus at Breakfast? Is it part buffet and partially order off of a menu? We have some food allergies (to gluten) and vegetarians in our group and we are wondering if this would be a good pick for us. Any tips would be great!

r4kids
04-09-2007, 08:59 PM
This is a great place to eat. We have gone the last several years and are going back this Sept. That said it is a family style meal. Meaning they bring out enough food for your party size and everyone chooses what they want. They have eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls, and fruit. They will continue to bring as much as you want. They character interaction is great too. The princesses will spend a decent amount of time at your table. They will pose with anyone who wants pics. Most of the time you are paying for character interaction and the food is so-so. This is not the case here. I would suggest makeing your ressie ASAP because it fills up very quickly. They also need a credit card to hold your ressie. They don't charge your card unless you don't show up. Have a great time!!!:mickey:

tinksmom02
04-09-2007, 09:33 PM
This is a great place to eat. We have gone the last several years and are going back this Sept. That said it is a family style meal. Meaning they bring out enough food for your party size and everyone chooses what they want. They have eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls, and fruit. They will continue to bring as much as you want. They character interaction is great too. The princesses will spend a decent amount of time at your table. They will pose with anyone who wants pics. Most of the time you are paying for character interaction and the food is so-so. This is not the case here. I would suggest makeing your ressie ASAP because it fills up very quickly. They also need a credit card to hold your ressie. They don't charge your card unless you don't show up. Have a great time!!!:mickey:

I'm so glad to hear your review--I just called today for ADR's for our Sept trip...I'd heard it was good, but I didn't realize it was served family-style--that's a nice break from the buffets, not having to get up for your food. Thanks for your input!

flying carpet
04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Great food and one of the best Character events especialy if you have girls.

kakn7294
04-10-2007, 09:16 AM
We did breakfast in December and the food is very good. There's a cold buffet with lunch meats and Norwegian cheeses and crackers as well as fruit and a few pastries. They then bring your hot food - scrambled eggs, potato casserole, sausage, bacon, biscuits, cinnamon rolls - to the table with as many refills as you want. If you have girls or just love the Princesses, this is a great place to have breakfast. There's also a separately charged photo package (you are not obligated to buy but they will bring it to your table for review) - the pic is with the Princess who greets you in the lobby (Belle in her yellow ballgown at our meal) and the other 4 or so Princesses rotate through the dining area.