PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had trouble using DDP vouchers?

BriarRose
04-09-2007, 08:40 PM
We are still debating whether to go with a package or whether to just get AP's and pay for our meals. Has anyone run into a problem with not having ADR's and getting a table service meal? We are travelling with family and while I like to plan out each day, my brother does not. I don't wan't to run their vacation, but I also don't want to have leftover vouchers at the end of the trip, plus have to pay for meals.

Rick Blaine
04-09-2007, 09:06 PM
If you don’t mind eating very early or late, then you should be able to find room at some of the less busy places. You may still have to book the day before or early that morning, I would not want to try walk ups. BTW, when will you be traveling?

Dopey's Girl
04-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I would make at least a couple of ADR's for your trip. It is getting harder and harder to just walk up and get a table...without them you will either have to eat at one of the less popular places, or eat really early or really late. When we were there in December last year, we could only walk up for some of the buffets, and even those had a wait!

Auntie
04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
I think it also depends on when it is you are going. If you are going during the free dining promotion I wouldn't even leave the house without ADR's. Otherwise I would at least make a few..you can always cancel them if you find you aren't going to use them. Better safe than sorry.

Willowwind
04-10-2007, 08:05 AM
The larger your group is the harder it's going to be to get a seat, how many people are going with you? I would make a few ADRs for your party if I were you. But I always like to have a back up plan. :secret: You don't HAVE to tell him about it.

BriarRose
04-10-2007, 12:55 PM
It's just my husband and I, my brother and his wife. I have already considered just making the ADR's and cancelling while we're there. I've talked to my sister in law and she doesn't seem to have a problem with a schedule. We are thinking of arriving Nov 28 and staying through Dec 5.

BTW, how far apart can you make ADR's on the same day? Could someone make different meal plans for different parks, say, an hour apart?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
I would take some time, come up with a general plan, and MAKE ADR's! I have seen people being turned away from restuarants so many times, and as much as some people don't like being tied to a schedule, not getting to eat where you want is worse!

It isn't really fair to make multiple ADR's for the same meal, every ADR you have means that someone else can't get one.

Maybe you could have everyone identify 1 place that they would like to try, and then make ADR's based on that?

Good Luck! It can be challenging planning a trip for a group of people.