PDA

View Full Version : ADR's for October Trip

disneymajik
04-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Just made our ADR's for our upcoming October trip. Let me know what you think or if you have any other suggestions! We've never eaten at Boma, Kona, or the GFC before so I'm open to any reviews. Thanks!!

Sat - Ohana's
Sun- Boma
Mon- Grand Floridian Cafe
Tues- Cali Grill
Wed- Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's
Wed- Dinner @ LeCellier
Thurs- Kona Cafe
Fri- Brekfast @ Crystal Palace
Fri- Dinner @ Teppanyaki
Sat- Breakfast @ Kona Cafe

JPL
04-09-2007, 09:29 PM
They look like great choices only place I am not a fan of is GF Cafe I had a really bad service experience there one time and have never been back.

tink55
04-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Boma and Kona are my two favorite places to eat! You'll love them.

I have to agree with JPL that GF Cafe can be disappointing... not much magic there when I visited, and very marginal service and food.

disneymajik
04-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the responses! Two negatives about the GF Cafe, hmmmm... I have 2 DD's 10 + 6 so I figured I shouldn't go to Citricos or Narcossees. Should I change my ADR to one of these in the GF? Are they child friendly or will we feel uncomfortable? Both of my DD's are well behaved but I'm not sure. They aren't coming with us to Cali Grill but I don't want to get a sitter for two nights.

What do you all think?

Melanie
04-10-2007, 08:14 AM
You know, I'm kinda with the others on the GF Cafe. I know there are those on here who love it, but I wasn't impressed at all. Food was so-so and service was, let's just say, interesting. The fact the restaurant is at the Grand Floridian, I expected a lot more. :unsure:

Otherwise, your ADRs look great. I'm not really a fan of Chef Mickey's, but that's probably because I'm a grump in the morning and that place is totally chaotic! :dizzy:

CanadianWDWFan
04-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Your choices look great! We just did our ADR's yesterday for the October trip as well. We seem to have some overlap on our choices!:thumbsup:

Kona is our favourite place on WDW property.

threeh
04-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Wonderful choices!!!!
I love the Kona CAfe, have had a great meal at Lecellier and am a fan of every place else you picked!! I ate at GF cafe in 04 and my DH and I really enjoyed it.
The only place I've never been is Boma's but I've heard really good things about it.

Have a great trip!!!:mickey:

disneymajik
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
What's everyone's opinion about cancelling the GF Cafe due to the negatives that I'm hearing and bringing my 2 DD's to Narcossees or Citricos? Are these dining options suitable for children?

Natazu
04-11-2007, 07:41 PM
What's everyone's opinion about cancelling the GF Cafe due to the negatives that I'm hearing and bringing my 2 DD's to Narcossees or Citricos? Are these dining options suitable for children?

Yes, they are. Of course Narc or Citricos will be better than GFC but I will stand up for the cafe. Rachel and I have had many wonderful meals there. It's quiet, cozy, and the food and service have always been first rate.

Thumbs up to your dining choices whatever you decide about GFC.

disneymajik
04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Jym. I think I'm going to stick with the GFC. Thanks again to all for your responses!