PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journey or Disneyworld.com

Eddie Wallace
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Are there any advantages with booking a DW vacation package through Magical Journey TA than just doing it yourself at disneyworld.com?
Also does Magical Journey assist with airfare as part of vacation packages??

Thanks in Advance!!

marlyn
04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
First off.... :welcome: to INTERCOT!!! :mickey:

As for booking through MJ! Definitely go with them over doing it yourself through Disney.com. Why phone and wait...and phone and wait...to try to get discounts when MJ will get them for you while you are asleep, watching TV, at work or just out enjoying life :D

On my most recent trip, I awoke one morning to find out that my AP discount was applied to my reservation while I was all snuggled in bed asleep! :sleepin: How nice and hassle free!

Once you book and give your preferences they do the rest and get the best possible rate for your stay. It can be very confusing with all the different rate codes and discount codes and such. They take the headache away by doing it all for you.

As for air fare, I have never used them to book airfare for my WDW trips as I book mine with air miles. I did, however, use them for my cruise next year and MJ arranged my flight for me. :plane:

Anyhow, I guess what I am trying to say is MJ is awesome and I wouldn't book Disney any other way! Many folks here will share my opinion! :thumbsup:

caryrae
04-09-2007, 08:34 PM
I was told you will probably get cheaper airfare not getting it through MJ because Disney may charge more for the airfare than the airlines own website. I was told this when I asked for a quote for a Disney Cruise through MJ.

JPL
04-09-2007, 08:38 PM
I was a book it myself person for a long time now the only thing I book is airfare send and e-mail to my MJ agaent and everything is taken care of for me :thumbsup: They find me the best possible rate at the time and flag my reservation based on other discounts I qualify for and if a better rate comes along they get it for me without me doing another thing :mickey:

Eddie Wallace
04-09-2007, 09:35 PM
If I book the airline myself, 1. Can I still use the magical express to have my luggage sent to my room by Disney Staff? And 2. Will round trip transfers be included should I use MJ to make room reservations and purchase park entrance tickets? (Staying on an on-site property)

caryrae
04-09-2007, 09:47 PM
If I book the airline myself, 1. Can I still use the magical express to have my luggage sent to my room by Disney Staff? And 2. Will round trip transfers be included should I use MJ to make room reservations and purchase park entrance tickets? (Staying on an on-site property)

Here's how it works:

Reserve Disney's Magical Express Transportation online or by calling the Disney Reservation Center. Then, attach the tags you receive in the mail to your luggage and bring the included vouchers with you to the airport.
Upon landing at Orlando International Airport, skip baggage claim and proceed to the Disney Welcome Center. Disney will collect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Disney Resort hotel room.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride as Disney transports you to your Disney Resort hotel in an air-conditioned motor coach.
As your vacation draws to a close, you'll be notified of the pick-up place and time for your motor coach ride back to the Orlando International Airport. At check out, you may also be eligible to check your luggage and receive your boarding pass at your Disney Resort hotel with our Resort Airline Check-In Service.

Look here for more info and the FAQ link at bottom of page. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/benefitDetail?id=BenefitDMEDetailPage&bhcp=1

marlyn
04-09-2007, 09:48 PM
1. Can I still use the magical express to have my luggage sent to my room by Disney Staff?

You bet you can...and MJ can make the magical Express reservation for you.

2. Will round trip transfers be included should I use MJ to make room reservations and purchase park entrance tickets? (Staying on an on-site property)

You can use DME as long as you have a reservation (which MJ can make for you). DME is free. DME is Disney's Magical Express service. DME (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/magicalexpress/default.asp)

Jeff G
04-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I posted this same response to you in another thread, sorry if it's repeated:

By using MJ(who doesn't have any fees) you get a travel expert on Disney. They get pre-release info for upcoming discounts and can be well prepared to assist you get the most for your vacation dollar. For us the best part is we book our rooms at rack rates well in advance and as soon as the discounts come out MJ's converts our reservation to the promotion. We've been traveling to WDW for 10+ years and booked our first two trips with a local travel agent. After the 2nd trip I found Intercot and became familiar with the many different discounts and codes needed I realized that I could save hundreds of dollars by booking the trips myself. For 6-7 years I was able to watch closely for these promotions and get great dels myself.

Four years ago MJ's started being plugged on Intercot so I gave them a whirl. On my last three trips plus this coming trip we'll have gotten the best package price available with nothing more than a simple e-mail to Wendy @ MJ on our dates and hotel of choice. She does the rest.

The best part is the rates you get when you book with MJ is the same rate you get through Disney direct. I know many who sat on hold for a hour or more getting this promo while I sat back and Wendy had it for me by 6:30am CDT.

MJ's doesn't handle the air but with the discounts they can and do obtain it's worth the extra hassel of looking for a flight.

Whether you move your trip up to take advantage of this special or you wait until October, which I'm sure there will be some sort of discount for, I would highly recommend you give MJ a shot.

faline
04-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) is definitely the way to go!

While they don't book your airfare, you actually have more control this way. On one trip, a number of years ago, we used Disney Travel to book our trip. For a variety of reasons, we wanted to change our airline reservations and arrive a few days earlier (We were willing to pay the change fee.) Because we were so close to our trip that we wouldn't be able to receive the tickets in time (This was pre electronic ticketing), we were unable to make this switch. Had we handled the air fare on our own, this would not have been an issue!

TikiGoddess
04-10-2007, 07:01 AM
It seems like there are often threads on the worthiness of MJ... is there any way we could start a 'testimonials' sticky in this forum?

TikiG

thejens
04-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Here is another vote for Wendy with Magical Journeys! I am a do it yourself kind of girl, but I have total comfort working with Wendy. She is patient with my questions, does all the work, and is amazingly quick about responding. Oh, yeah, and she saves me money! Sometimes it is just better to get help from an expert!

Santuitman
04-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Magical Journeys for me too. Everyone there is patient and like thejens sais amazingly quick with answers. I'm not sure how they can keep up but I'm glad they do!!

Brian

HallandNash
06-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Pardon my skepticism here, but how exactly does Magical Journeys make money? They do all the work for you for no fee? Why would anyone running a business do all that work and not charge for it?

robhink
06-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Pardon my skepticism here, but how exactly does Magical Journeys make money? They do all the work for you for no fee? Why would anyone running a business do all that work and not charge for it?

Well there's no fee to us, but there is usually a commission that is paid by Disney and that's how they make their money.

Santuitman
06-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I know they've done really well for me and for my friends and never charged extra. In fact they've saved us money by keeping us informed on various promos that come out during our trip!:thumbsup: