PDA

View Full Version : Big River Grille and Brewery

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Has anyone been to BRG lately? I noticed it was on the DDP and thought we might check it out for a quick bite. We want something close to DTD area that is on the DDP. :beer:

VAdizneefan
04-09-2007, 05:41 PM
I haven't been to Big River Grille so I can't comment on that. The restaurant is at Boardwalk though not Downtown Disney, so if you were looking for something down there, you'll have to keep looking. Boardwalk and Downtown are pretty far apart.

Natazu
04-09-2007, 06:21 PM
I haven't been lately but it's always been good in the past. It's easy to get into when other restaurants are busy so we tend to use it as a fall-back restaurant if we find ourselfs without an ADR.

Maleficent's Dad
04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Been there many times - most recently this past February.

First off - the restaurant, as noted above, is on the Boardwalk and NOT at DTD.

They do not accept ADR's, but you can make actual reservations 24 hours in advance. The lunch and dinner are essentially the same dining experience; the place gets much more crowded in the evenings, especially on weekends.

Food has been good overall. We have noticed a decrease in quality over the past few years. Nothing major, just not as good as it was.

Service on the other hand can be quite lacking at times...:( This bums me out - we've had excellent servers and downright horrid service. In February, our server was very polite and efficient - no complaints! :mickey: DW was there in January and had a mediocre (at best) waiter.

The mahi ceaser is usually excellent. Mahi sandwich is usually a "safe" bet if you like fish. Beers are excellent. :beer:

Overall, it's an "old stand by" for us, but it's not quite as good as it was about 7 or 8 years ago.

May524
04-10-2007, 02:17 AM
We ate there in january on our honeymoon. It was pretty good! We got sandwhiches, we went for lunch. However, even though it's good, I wouldn't use DDP credits on this for a TS meal. I can think of much better places to spend the money. However, for a quick sandwhich or lunch, it's a great option! :)

pox24
04-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Nice place, made the mistake of staying directly above in our DVC studio. Smelled their great food all day, drove us nuts hunger crazy. Loved the meat loaf... Take me with you :thumbsup:

xipetotec
04-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Has anyone been to BRG lately? I noticed it was on the DDP and thought we might check it out for a quick bite. We want something close to DTD area that is on the DDP. :beer:

Well we were there in October and it was as good as it always is! It was indeed on the DDP (Which, of course, doesn't cover the beer)

And it IS on the boardwalk, not DTD:thumbsup: