PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter 4/9

WDWfanatic742
04-09-2007, 03:47 PM
4/9 – This week Yavn has the 411 on 2 new outfits, plus Fantasyland in-game Quest, and the Tomorrowland Quest. Yavn Speaks starts right now...

Fantasyland Takes Flight

The dust has finally settled and things are getting back to normal here at VMK HQ – the first few days after an updated version of the game (what we call a 'build') goes live are always crazy. And even though we do extensive testing prior to a launch there are still some adjustments, fine-tuning and the occasional bug fix that need to be made. Alas, our moment of rest is brief as we're already busily working on what's on tap for the next build. We have lots of exciting Fantasyland events planned for the month ahead though, with the release of Alice in Wonderland dark ride pieces kicking off with the Dark Ride-A-Thon at the end of the month.

What to Wear While You Ride Picture (http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/YavnSpeks-2007-04-09-SmeeAlice.jpg)

Are you superstitious? Does Friday the 13th freak you out? Then why not stay home and play VMK? Maybe the fact that we've got 2 new outfits (that I'm sure you'll like) will convince you! Sure, you've got Alice's hair, but how about the rest of the costume? It's going on sale and for the guys we've created a Mr. Smee outfit (a hat and shirt)! All 4 items will go on sale starting April 13th and will be sold at least through the month.

Quest Pins Dumbo Quest Pin (http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/YavnSpks-2007-04-09-DumboQuestPin.jpg) Alice in Wonderland Quest Pin (http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/YavnSpks-2007-04-09-AliceInWonderlandQuestPin.jpg)

So have watched Alice in Wonderland as I suggested? Then you should be ready for the Alice Quest! And by now you should already have your Peter Pan Quest Pin. But don't fill up your Pin collection just yet, we still have 2 more Fantasyland Game Quests, and on deck a Quest about that aeronautical pachyderm - or what you might call the flying elephant!

Quest Update

We haven't forgotten about the new Tomorrowland Quests and hope to launch it within 2 weeks. I know I've been saying soon for a while but this time I really mean it – and remember that we will be updated the in-game Tomorrowland Quests as well – get ready!

That's a Wrap!

Hope everyone is enjoying (or enjoyed) their Spring Break - now the countdown to Summer can officially begin. For us we'll be counting down until we get to the new Summer content - but I'll get into that later. Lastly, I do want to thank everyone for your kind notes and the concern for my ear. I'm happy to report I'm almost all better and will be able to travel again very soon. (My next trip will take me back to Orlando and WDW. In the meantime, I'll leave you one more peek at the VMK's new HQ.

See you in VMK,
Yavn!

varcity
04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Sigh, not quite the pirate outfit, but just as entertaining! :mickey:

Hooray for tomorrowland quests!

Chescat
04-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Quest Update

We haven't forgotten about the new Tomorrowland Quests and hope to launch it within 2 weeks. I know I've been saying soon for a while but this time I really mean it – and remember that we will be updated the in-game Tomorrowland Quests as well – get ready!

Hope to launch in two more weeks! Lets see, spring will be over and we will be on to the mickey summer card at this rate. :fit: :angry: :fit: :angry: :blowup: :rant:

:idea: Hmm maybe I've been right about all this. They weren't about to start the new quests when the easter crowds were at the park. Going to wait until end of the month when its slow.

goofhook
04-09-2007, 05:10 PM
This may just be me, but with Star Wars Weekend coming up I think one of his next builds would be something Star Wars. I think he is hinting at it with his fourth moon of Yavin ( in this newsletter )and his death Star lamp not too long ago. Maybe Darth Vader and clone troop costumes?It just makes me wonder....:darth: :trooper:

WDWfanatic742
04-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Doesn't George Lucas have to approve everything Star Wars related in Disney parks? That would mean that he would have to approve every item that VMK makes that is Star Wars related too. Copyright laws or something....

chrisb26
04-09-2007, 06:23 PM
That Mr. Smee outfit is alright not thrilled with it but boy clothes are always good since there is so little of them.

I am happy to hear that those tomorrowland quests are going to be in WDW when i go next month now all we need is to get those mickey quest items out.

I too have also noticed all the Star Wars remarks Yavn has been making either he has something planned with starwars or he just has starwars on the brain lol

goofhook
04-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Doesn't George Lucas have to approve everything Star Wars related in Disney parks? That would mean that he would have to approve every item that VMK makes that is Star Wars related too. Copyright laws or something....
Well, I do remember him saying something to disney about Star Tours or Star Wars weekend or something, but he said if anybody was to use his stuff they way Dsiney wants to, he would only want Disney to do it. ( I think I saw that on one of the Disney behind the scenes DVd's. )

Chescat
04-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I am happy to hear that those tomorrowland quests are going to be in WDW when i go next month now all we need is to get those mickey quest items out.
I've been hearing about these quests since March, not sure you can count on it. :mad:

I too have also noticed all the Star Wars remarks Yavn has been making either he has something planned with starwars or he just has starwars on the brain lol
Don't count on Star Wars. Lucas has full rights to all Star Wars licensing. What you see in the parks is his merchandising being sold. Indy, Star Tours and Captain EO were under his supervision. The Star Tour weekends, Jedi Academy and merchandise were also his approval. I have never seen one approved Star Wars thing that hasn't been done by Lucas. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Amazing story on this. 20th Century Fox in the first movie wouldn't pay George Lucas the money he wanted, so he told them no worries, just give me all licensing rights and they did. He's one smart cookie! :trooper: :darth: :chewy: :yoda:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Not many new stuff, but at least they had pictures. They reused the blue princess shoes though. I like the outfit for the boys, because I like the bandana and the striped top :blush: