PDA

View Full Version : AAA Vacations® Diamond Card

Goofy Pluto
04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know anything about the AAA Vacations® Diamond Card? Has anyone got it and used it? What kind of discounts can you get with it? (AAA website does not say) Do I have to book directly through AAA to get it? Or if I went through Magical Journeys, would they be able to get it? Can you just use your AAA card anywhere in WDW to get discounts, particularly at DTD? Thaks.

KathyMO
04-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I have used it and if I remember correctly it is mainly 10% off at most of the shops in DTD. I believe there was also a few dining discounts but I am not sure on that. I do know you can only get it by booking a WDW package directly through AAA.

Kathy

kakn7294
04-09-2007, 02:42 PM
We had one in September 2005 and the only merchandise discounts were at World of Disney - 10% off most items. There were also tour discounts (I think 10% again). I can't remember if there were any dining discounts - if there were, I think they were limited to DTD. Outside of the tours, there are no discounts in the theme parks. You must book directly through a AAA travel agent so you cannot use MJ. You cannot use your AAA card anywhere in the World to get discounts (believe me, my father tried!!!).

sleepingbooty
04-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Actually, Magical Journeys can get you the AAA discount on your room, but only if you are doing a room only reservation. If you want a package, only AAA directly can get you the discount. Even then its only a percentage off the room portion - not the whole package.