PDA

View Full Version : Who park hops?

poeticeclipse
04-09-2007, 12:07 PM
I was just curious how many people take advantage of the park hopper option and how many people just go to one park a day.

Personally, I can't imagine not park hopping. It's the best thing since sliced bread. haha

goofiecrazy
04-09-2007, 12:22 PM
We park hop evertime we are there.

Marker
04-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Yep, I always get hoppers.

However, if I were a first timer, or an infrequent visitor, I don't think I would use the hopper, because it would all be new to me and I'd probably easily spend all day in a park.

Also, if I had tiny kids I don't know that I'd hop. You move slower with kids, and perhaps even take some time to go back to the room and rest. I don't know if hopping would be as beneficial.

Now then, we've been there a few times, the kids are by no means tiny, we know what attractions we like or don't like. I love hopping. Mixing up your day is part of the fun. Or hopping from a park that closes early to one with evening EMH. Or, going for morning EMH then hopping away to another less crowded park.

Then there was the time I hopped to catch Illuminations, MK fireworks (I think it was Fantasy in the Sky), and Fantasmic ALL IN ONE EVENING.

King Triton
04-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I always get park hoppers.

However, if I'm there 7 days or so, I'll probably park hop only 2 or 3 of those at the most. Its worth it to me to have the flexibility.

I'll generally "do" only one park a day, but sometimes I like to go into Epcot for dinner or to MK/DS/EP for the nighttime show.

cinderella crazy
04-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I personally think this is one of the best ideas Disney has come up! I have no idea what we did before we could park hop. We love to go to one park in the morning, take a break at the hotel, and then we usually go to Epcot to eat or we go to another resort and eat, and then go to another park. We just hop all over Disney World!

Donald A
04-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I always get the park hopper option and use it. There have been very few days in which I have only visited one park.

Figgyluv03
04-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Absolutley. There may be a day I might not hop parks, but most of the time I do.

Speedy1998
04-09-2007, 12:34 PM
We usually park hop on the day that we go to Animal Kingdom, we do AK for most of the day, then park hop to see one of the night time shows at one of the other parks.

NJGIRL
04-09-2007, 12:45 PM
We don't park hop anymore. I find that it wastes too much time. We don't feel we have to take a break during the day so we stay in the park all day long. We also feel that there is enough to do at each park that they take a whole day to do. We just don't even waste the money getting the park hopper tickets anymore.

Jasper
04-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Put us in the hopper group as well. Although I do have to say that we generally try not to hop during the day, we usually save that for late in the day when one park closes an hour or more before another. We do on rare occasion use it to go from one park to another to eat but because of the amount of time lost in transit we don't do that very often.

mjaclyn
04-09-2007, 12:54 PM
DH and I usually take 8 to 10 days when we go to WDW so it doesn't pay for us to get MYW tickets with the park hopper option. We just end up getting Annual Passes which includes park hopping. That being said, we're in at least two parks every day. Most of the time we'll visit WDW in September or January when every park except Epcot closes at 7pm or earlier. We do half days at AK and MGM - stay until closing at MK but still have time to go into Epcot afterwards for dinner and Illuminations. Since we usually stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club that works out very well. I can't imagine not park hopping!

Side Note:

WOOHOO!! My 1,000th Post!!

lightyearfan
04-09-2007, 01:05 PM
oh yes , we do the park hopper passes, this is 1 of the best ideas that Disney has ever come up with! we usually spend whole days while at epcot and the magic kingdom, but it works out great when we have our ts meals at epcot while were at magic kingdom, so exit the park hop the monorail go to epcot, enjoy our meal, walk it off by circling world showcase, back to the monorail and back off to the magic kingdom.,

Victor

MOJoe
04-09-2007, 01:08 PM
We love to go to one park early, then go to the evening EMH park.

MMouse6937
04-09-2007, 01:12 PM
We agree with the above poster. I love to go to one park in the morning, take a nap or hang out in our room for a while, then make it to another park in time for our dinner reservation and to stay late for the EMHs. I used to think park hopping was silly, but now I can't imagine what I would do without it. I might think differently if we went during a busier time of year, but for us, the ability to see more than one park in a day is a must! :thumbsup:

magicman
04-09-2007, 01:20 PM
We buy the park hopper.

Our routine is to stay one full day at MGM & one full day at AK. All of the other days, we park hop between MK & EPCOT. Usually, we hop one time in a day between the two, but sometimes we hop back & forth a couple of times.

Like my old grandpappy used to say:old:,
"Never go back to the Pop,
if there's an open park in which to hop."

SBETigg
04-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Oh, we definitely hop! It's not that much extra money for the privilege of having the whole world open to you vs being confined to one park a day. We like to do one park in the morning, another in the evening, and mix it up as we please. I can't imagine having to stick to one park per day. It seems stifling!

Lehman Family
04-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I agree with most other posters in that we definitely get the hopper passes and we definitely use them. It's great to be able to go to whichever park whenever you want. If it gets overcrowded at one park you just go to another. We always go for at least 8 days and hop on most (if not all) of the days. It seems to work especially well with the children. Our children are pretty young and have short attention spans, so getting to more than one park in a day is usually pretty refreshing to them.

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
04-09-2007, 01:43 PM
we always get the park hopper ticket as we like to do our rides we like and we every one chooses where n which park they would like to do first.:)

DizNee143
04-09-2007, 02:06 PM
im in the minority here..but i dont park hop...i stick to one park a day!! why run around to other parks in one day when you can relax and enjoy your time in one park a day!! its so much better!! plus it saves me a few bucks not getting the hopper option on our park tickets!! :mickey:

threeh
04-09-2007, 02:10 PM
I love to park hop.. Start in one park in the morning, hop to another for the evening. I think it helps to break things up and it's nice that if you go to a crowded park you can leave and hop to another. Hop hop hop...:mickey:

Bruegge
04-09-2007, 02:12 PM
While we don't "do" two parks in a day it is nice (imho) to go to a park ride, eat etc and after dinner go to another park for just one "big" ride..... that way if it's a long line it's not a big deal..... all the stress of waiting in line becomes smaller because your only there for one ride..

Just my thought..

Oh, and we have committed the evil sin of playing in one park and eating at another with the idea of doing the above plan after dinner..

Scott

King Triton
04-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Of course, kind of going against my earlier post, I think park hoppers shouldn't exist...in that I think any multi-day ticket should automatically be a park hopper.

To me, saying that a park hopper is a great idea by Disney is like saying EZPass is a great way for paying tolls (it is, but the tolls shouldn't be there in the first place). Its strictly a way to get more revenues...the cost to Disney for you to be in one park a day as opposed to more than one is very small. The transportation system is in place anyway.

So, to contradict myself once again, of course I buy park hoppers!

4ubie1
04-09-2007, 02:22 PM
My family and I park hop every time we have been there. We like to do a lot of our dinners in EPCOT but still visit the other parks. So we visit a park in the day and head over to EPCOT towards night. Plus it is nice to know you have that option should say the park you are in gets too crowded. :crowd: You can just move on to the next park.:thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
04-09-2007, 02:27 PM
We actually purchase APs, but we almost ALWAYS hop between parks on the same day. I find the travel as a nice way to recharge our respective batteries. Usually, if we have an early entrance into the MK, after lunch the park is very crowded and we're beginning to fatigue. That's when, we'll take the monorail over to Eppie. It's such a relaxiing ride. And once we're there, we're rejuvenated to finish our day!!!

Can't wait. Only six more months!!!

LoriMistress
04-09-2007, 03:05 PM
DH and I like having this option in case if one park starts to get crowded. We'll hop over to another park that's not so crowded.

LudwigVonDrake
04-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I park hop :mjump: every trip :tink:

mrsHerbie53
04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Oh my Heavens, YES!!!
We love to park hop! Especially our last visit was the first we stayed onsite and the first we did the dining plan. So we often ate our dinner at a different park than we played at all day!

One or two days we may have spent all at the same park without hopping, but being able to whenever it suited us or whenever we wanted something different was DEFINITELY WORTH it!!!

My DS often want to "hop over" to MGM to ride RnRC!! It felt we had more "control" over our vacation time...

:number1:

Kristi Kay
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Always.

Jerry2
04-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I tend to be very frugal; my family would call me downright cheap. :secret: I look to save a dollar everywhere I can, however, Park-Hoppers are one exception. I am always willing to pay extra for the flexibility that it gives you.

With a son is still in school, our vacations tend to be during peak periods. I feel that when WDW is crowded Park Hoppers are a must, especially since they started EMHs. :bolt:

mrsgaribaldi
04-09-2007, 06:12 PM
We get annual passes so we park hop but if we didn't I would get the hopper option. We usually end the day at Epcot too. It's usually the park open the latest when we go:thumbsup:

Cheerie04
04-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Every trip we take we park hop. We do one park in the morning and one in the evening. :mickey:

MsMin
04-09-2007, 06:56 PM
In Dec. most parks are closed by 6 or 7 with only 1 open later. We definitely hop. It's also great for a 1/2 day in a park like AK and the evenings at EPCOT

Victor Kelly
04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
We have used the parkhoppers since Epcot Center opened. Mainly we use them if we get bored or especially when it gets too crowded.

I still remember the days before Epcot Center, before the park hopper. Wow, was that a long time ago.

mickey98
04-09-2007, 08:15 PM
No park hopping ??? Is there such a thing ??? :confused:

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
We do not always hop, but I always purchase park hoppers. I love being able to leave a park if it feels too crowded. We also take advantage of the EMH parks without having to fight the crowd all day.

JPL
04-09-2007, 08:49 PM
I am a park hopping fool :blush: I can't imagine not hopping while I can spend all day in Epcot or the MK I still often park hop I will leave Epcot to catch Wishes or SpectroMagic or hop over to Epcot for EMH. I love to hop :mickey:

steamboat willy
04-09-2007, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=Marker;1250800]Yep, I always get hoppers.

However, if I were a first timer, or an infrequent visitor, I don't think I would use the hopper, because it would all be new to me and I'd probably easily spend all day in a park.

I agree with Marker::thumbsup:

If your new to DISNEY or have small ones, Hopping may not be your thing.:ditto: But, your AK day needs something in the eveing because they close earlier. Also we Park Hop to catch fireworks, Illiminations, Fantansmic, and a ride or two.:coaster: :fworks:
We may do MK, resort pool and Epcot llliminations, AK to close, then MGM and Fantasmic. I could go on and on! Can't wait!!!:thumbsup:

CU Tiger
04-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I would have to say “it depends? :shrug: ” We need the park hopper when we go to AK and MGM on the same day or if we want to hop to another park that has EMH. Other than that, we spend all day in both MK and Epcot and do not want to spend the extra money for the hopper on these days. We do not want to take up fun time with travel time between parks. :mickey:

SgtTigger
04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Yes we also Hop....

Plenty of reasons but we do hop like a bunny....

:dale: :chip: Hop Hop Hop

:cop: :tigger:

battle beast
04-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Wee! I was the 100th voter!!! Anywho, I park hop all the time, especially at Disneyland where CA is right across the way.

At WDW it is good if you are trying to find a few gifts on your last day.

AliceinDisney
04-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I dig park hopper because it allows you to change parks if you see everything you want to see in the first park. Usually though, with Magic Kingdom I give it my undivided attention for the first day :D but then I usually want to dine at EPCOT by night, so having the Park Hopper option is excellent for that kind of stuff :)

SpecJoe Magic
04-10-2007, 03:00 AM
We don't think park hopping is worth the money. We just pick a park for the day and spend all day there. We believe that it allows for better scheduling of Fastpasses and shows. I understand why people like to park hop, but it just isn't for us. Once we've done all that we want to do at our chosen park for the day, we would rather head back to the resort and relax. If your objective at WDW is to experience as many attractions as many times as possible, then a park hopper is ideal, but we find that we don't mind skipping a few attractions if we don't have time for them on the chosen days at the park. I suppose the main reason for this is because we've been many times, and we plan on going back many more times. We don't feel the pressure to experience everything on every trip because we've done it all multiple times. Plus, the money that we save from not buying the park hopper option can be used elsewhere.

Melanie
04-10-2007, 04:37 AM
I think we'd probably go crazy if we couldn't park hop. ;)

We've never done all 4 parks in one day, but we've often done 3. It's fun!

alpro2
04-10-2007, 06:25 AM
I think we'd probably go crazy if we couldn't park hop. ;)

:ditto:

BritCody
04-10-2007, 06:49 AM
When we get tickets we buy a One Day Hopper from Disney that allows us to get the DDP and we use the Hopper when we go to Animal Kingdom. We spend most of the day at Animal Kingdom then hop to the Magic Kingdom. For the rest of out tickets we do not purchase hoppers and we stay at whatever park we go to for the entire day.

pogo
04-10-2007, 07:24 AM
We used to buy hoppers..... but now we relax and take our time in the park of the day.:thumbsup:

If it get's too crowded, we'll go back to the resort and relax at the pool. We save the money and spend it in other ways. :D

allie_to_you
04-10-2007, 08:25 AM
My DH & I have done both. On our honeymoon, we got the park hoppers and used them for going to parks with fireworks/parades we wanted to see in a different park after the park we had spent the day in.

Last year, we didn't get the park hoppers, we just planned each day out so that if we went to see a fireworks display or parade, we were either already in that park or just came back to it.

This year, we are getting the park hopper pass again simply because we are taking a longer trip and a couple days we are only spending partial days at a couple different parks.

I think the park hoppers are great and can be a great value, but you can definitely do without them with some good planning and especially in the value season when the parks aren't as crowded and things aren't as crazy.

mudpuppysmom
04-10-2007, 10:10 AM
The last three years, DS and I have had AP's so it doesn't concern us as far as the extra $$. Now, we do generally buy a 10 day non expiring ticket for DH (he does not always come with DS and I when we go and often goes for "long weekends") -- that said we spend the extra $40 for hopping privileges for him.

I think this poll represents that Disney is making a nice $ from the add on of park hopping though.....the majority of people seem to hop, so I don't know why they don't just include that in the ticket.....I'm sure there are reasons though.

snowflakegirl
04-10-2007, 10:14 AM
I get the park hopper option, but I do a little of both hopping and nonhopping. The first day in the Magic Kingdom, Epcot or MGM I typically don't hop and just spend the full day from open to close in the park I start in. Animal Kingdom days I'm usually there open to close, but I'm typically there when the park is closing at 5:30ish, so we go over to another park for the evening. Then the rest of the trip we usually split days between at least two parks.

dolphinmickey9170
04-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I love park-hopping. We usually start in one park, go rest in the pool midafternoon and then go to another park for the evening. This is especially helpful when AK closes at 5 or 6 pm. Just hop on aver to another park that is open later. This works great for EMH. I can't imagine life without park-hopping. :number1:

poeticeclipse
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
I think this poll represents that Disney is making a nice $ from the add on of park hopping though.....the majority of people seem to hop, so I don't know why they don't just include that in the ticket.....I'm sure there are reasons though.

That was one reason why I started the poll. Sadly, I don't think that Disney could make it without having the two tickets (base, and hopper) seperate. There are many visitors that come for one day and go to just MK. Why would they need a park hopper? It might hurt Disney's business if people are forced to pay for something that they will never use. Now, they could go ahead and have one or two day base tickets but after that it comes with an automatic park hopper. That could possibly work out to everyones advantage.

When I heard that some folks didn't park hop I thought... WHAT?! But, now I do understand a bit more at the reasoning behind not buying a park hopper. Although, for myself and my family, i'll stick with a park hopper ticket package.

Belle619
04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
We park hop - it is just nice to have the option of going where ever you feel like during the day. This way, if a ride is down or a night show isn't running, you can always go back on another day of your trip.

SurferStitch
04-10-2007, 12:18 PM
DH and I park hop a lot.

While I plan out all of our meals ahead of time, I don't plan out what park we'll visit each day, so that's why we love the hopper option. If I have a dinner planned for Epcot, but we feel like hitting AK that day, we have that freedom.

I always THINK I know which park we'll hit each day, but at least 50% of those days we change our minds when we wake up and go somewhere else.

We also love to spend our last day at Epcot and MK, and without the hopper, we couldn't do that.

disneydawniebeth
04-10-2007, 12:44 PM
We have gotten hoppers half the time and not the other, and I feel if you are trying to save money on a trip- DON'T GET THE HOPPER! Disney can be completely enjoyable with or without it. The transportation is so flexible if you stay on property, that coming and going from the park is easy, but the need to park hop is definatley not a necessity. I say it is a very personal choice, but don't think you will ruin your vacation if you don't get the hoppers

Mikey Piano 23
04-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Hopper is awesome! By the last day my girlfriend and I are going to all 4 parks in the day and doing our favorite activities. Its awesome!

disneycouple2004
04-10-2007, 01:02 PM
We love the hopper..sometimes we can predict the crowds and hop away from them and back and forth...its the only way to go :D

dmallan
04-10-2007, 04:22 PM
$45 x 5 people = $225!
I'd much rather spend that on some nice TS meals or an extra night. :D

As an aside, I was explaining my choice to my daughter and she couldn't understand why Disney charges extra to park hop. She said "you mean we can go to the park, go back to the resort for a swim and then go back to the same park, but we can't go back to a different park unless we pay an additional $45 per ticket? What's the difference?" :confused: I really couldn't come up with an answer!
Seems like Disney is charging for something that really costs them nothing. :(

Last time we went we bought a package and it came with an ultimate park hopper pass, but I think we only hopped once. If we had dinner plans at a park, we just went to that park for the day. On our AK day, we went to Boma for dinner.

poeticeclipse
04-10-2007, 04:37 PM
As an aside, I was explaining my choice to my daughter and she couldn't understand why Disney charges extra to park hop. She said "you mean we can go to the park, go back to the resort for a swim and then go back to the same park, but we can't go back to a different park unless we pay an additional $45 per ticket? What's the difference?" :confused: I really couldn't come up with an answer!
Seems like Disney is charging for something that really costs them nothing. :(

I think what Disney wants you to believe is that they are losing money if they just give you a park hopper. In a way, they are. But besides that, you're really paying for convenience. I do think that it is a crock for you to not be able to leave the park and then come back to the same park after a swim. I think that base tickets should have that fixture. Now, I can understand if you can't use a base ticket from one park to the other.

dmallan
04-10-2007, 04:44 PM
I do think that it is a crock for you to not be able to leave the park and then come back to the same park after a swim. I think that base tickets should have that fixture.

You ARE allowed to come back to the same park. That is my point - it seems silly to be able to do one, but not the other.

c&d
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
We park hop day and night. We'll usually spend the day at one park and then go to a different park at night. Dining usually dictates which one we go to.

Vinny
04-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I always get the park hopper option on my WDW ticket. I always try to get to at least 2 parks/day on my trip, spending half the day at one and the other half at another. It is not really as much of a hustle and bustle/rushing around type of trip but one that offers more variety. Going to WDW as often as I have, I find that I really don't need to spend a whole day in only one park. However, I can see where this would be a better strategy for those who are either new to WDW or who are traveling with younger children or extended families. The best benefit of the park hooper option is its flexibility. If you get to one park in the morning and it is too crowded for you, all you have to do is hop a bus to another park. With a base ticket you don't have that option. Have a fun trip!!

goon29
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Whoa, a landslide! I couldn't imagine not park hopping either.

MinnieMommie
04-10-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm a hopper :mickey:

mttafire
04-11-2007, 12:01 AM
We always used to. Now, With children we find that we just dont need to hop. We leave a park for a nap or rest..We go back to that park. Untill our kid (s) are older...We have one on the way! We just dont need to hop.

RAIDER
04-11-2007, 03:39 AM
We dont park hop ...not because we dont want to ..but we always end up staying that park for the whole day :mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
04-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I get the hopper pass, but I rarely use it. At DLR you can park hop in like 5 minutes by walking across the plaza, so there it is a must have.

This time, however, we will be park hopping more because we are staying at an Epcot resort. After a day at one of the other parks, I am planning on doing WS after dinner a few times. But I only park hop if it is convenient.

jefmblrd
04-11-2007, 08:16 AM
We always Park Hop for a variety of reasons. What I love is the flexibility to be able to move freely between the parks whenever we want to.

tink2006
04-11-2007, 08:27 AM
I love park-hopping. We usually start in one park, go rest in the pool midafternoon and then go to another park for the evening. :number1:

Ditto :mickey:

January-2007
04-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Parkhoppers for us, please. We go to one park for opening, then relax at the resort, then go to a different (usually) park at night. It's great to have so much freedom. Plus, if you're at one park and it's slammed, you can just go to another park. Love it! :thumbsup:

hibes
04-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Park hopping for me too! I really enjoyed when the water parks were just included in the hopper. We'd go to the parks in the morning then to the water park early afternoon and then back to the park.

jclightchasr
04-12-2007, 12:37 PM
From MK to Epcot to eat lunch or dinner. Or to watch the evening shows. Or if it starts raining Epcots lines are mostly covered. We definately like to hop parks. I would rather have the choice and the extra expense gives you the option.

ASweetLov
04-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Park hopper option is great. I got it last april and got it again for this coming trip in july:mickey:

poeticeclipse
04-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Park hopping for me too! I really enjoyed when the water parks were just included in the hopper. We'd go to the parks in the morning then to the water park early afternoon and then back to the park.

We do this too just backwards.....water park morning and then regular park in the afternoon. Works great because in May/June the weather is awesome in the morning to go swimming.

iceicebritney
04-13-2007, 01:08 AM
park hopping is really not necessary when you go so often. honestly i could just go to disney world and spend my entire 2.5 wks at the water parks all day long. we will head into a park occasionally to catch the new attractions and hit the old favorites... but the hopping to us just really isnt necessary.

and its terrible being a premium annual passholder... but i guess if i didnt have it, i'd hop - who knows... a girls gotta have options

Tink#64
04-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Yes! We hop almost every day! We usually start at opening with one park, take a break & swim and get lunch or dinnerfrom the food court and eat around the pool & spend the evening in a different park! So much to look forward to each day!:mickey:

princessjojo
04-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Most definitally hop. With 2 DS, their minds could change at the drop of a hat. We are usually there for 8-9 days so we let the kids "dictate" where they want to go for the day and what they want to do. We take control of lunch & dinner times ahead. Sometimes, like others, we do one park in the morning and another after the pool and dinner. The hours when we go are usually longer so it helps to mix it up some during the day. It's all good in the end and everyone's had a great time at the end of the day.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-14-2007, 05:19 PM
We used to get a hopper. Now, we don't bother. The kids want to stay in the same park all day. Which is fine by us. On the days we go to AK or MGM we just get dinner at DTD or relax at the hotel and pool.
Now that we are getting AP's that might change. ;)

Magic Smiles
04-14-2007, 10:33 PM
We always purchase the hopper option, but don't necessarily use it every day. Having the option to hop though is just terrific. Many times we will just do a bit of Epcot each day in the evenings.

Bethanymouse
04-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Always. We always park hop, one park in the morning and often another in the evening!:thumbsup:

Touchdown
04-14-2007, 10:53 PM
We like to park hop from time to time. It comes in handy when trying to take advantage of EMH, and because we like to see a night show every night is essential on our AK days.

sunlyon
04-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Love the hopper option!
Like others we go for the morning EMH, then back to the hotel to swim and relax, and then back to whichever park has the evening EMH. I think we have enjoyed our stay so much more that way.

DisneyDude1977
04-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I love the park hopper option as well. It is nice to be able to visit the different parks in the same day if I wish to do so.

bratmaster
04-15-2007, 04:25 PM
we are in the minority - we had hoppers (they were standard then; before the ticket changes) last time and never once used them. i could not understand why anybody would want to waste time hopping when there is more than enough to do at each park. We would spend the whole day at each park and maybe only see half the park! I could not comprehend deciding to waste more time by hopping to another one. So this time around we did not get hoppers. The new ticket systym actually costs us less than the old ones now since NOT hopping is an option!

imaprincess!
04-16-2007, 12:41 AM
We enjoy park-hopping!

WDWfeelslikehome
04-16-2007, 07:26 AM
We rarely stay in one park for an entire day. It's usually a morning in one place, then have lunch and/or pool lounge for a while, and off to another park at night.:D

irish1967
04-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Our hopping has changed as our children have grown...

We only go for 2 or 3 days, so we definitely need hopping to get to all 4 parks.

When we had nappers we used to spend the morning in the MK and after lunch, one of the adults (DH, myself, or Grandpa) would take the kids back to the room while the other two adults would ride the "big kid" rides (either at the MK or they would hop to another park). Then they would come back to our room, we would have dinner and then hit another park at night.

Now that the boys are older, we tend to go back to the room at some point in the day to take a swim (we go during the summer so it is HOT!) before hopping to another park. The hopping also lets us split up and do everything that everyone wants to do during our short time frame.

I'm sure that in a couple of years our hopping routine will change again when we are going with teenagers :mickey:

njsmama
04-16-2007, 09:18 AM
I personally think this is one of the best ideas Disney has come up! I have no idea what we did before we could park hop. We love to go to one park in the morning, take a break at the hotel, and then we usually go to Epcot to eat or we go to another resort and eat, and then go to another park. We just hop all over Disney World!

Ditto Alicia!:mickey:

Catzle
04-16-2007, 10:30 AM
We always have park hopped. We go to one park in the morning than go back to the resort and swim, have lunch, relax take showers and than off to a different park at night hopefully for the late hours. This has always worked for us and gives the kids a chance to relax and have fun at the pool.

prttynpnk
04-16-2007, 10:52 AM
We are serious park-hoppers. We usually return to the hotel and change and end our day in Epcot. We like the total change of atmosphere we get with parkhopping.

Jared
04-16-2007, 10:56 AM
We visit at least two parks every day. Usually, we enjoy one park in the morning and leave in the mid-afternoon for swimming and resting.

Later, we hit a second park for dinner and nighttime touring. Park Hopping is mandatory!

Rodders
04-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Travelling from the UK I have bought 14 day "Ultimate tickets" which the website claims are "Created exclusively for UK guests". The website doesn't appear to offer any non-hopping options. I think that you can buy them from other sources but we certainly make use of the ultimate ticket.

We enjoy travelling on the disney transport almost as much as the parks themselves. :mickey:

mdricks
04-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Ive been a no-hopper in the past although that is changing ..... (i solo every year and park-hop)

I have two young kids. At ages like 3 and 4 one park a day was all they could handle. We spent so much time doing kid-mantinence that we wouldnt be able to completely see a park in one day. We would need a full day to do every park and would like two days at MK and Epcot.

Now that my kids are getting older, we move quicker through the parks and like to eat at Epcot every opportunity. Next trip will be hoppers for the whole group. :number1:

Brer Mickey
04-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I cannot imagine not park hopping either. When we typically are there in the off-season, the studios closes early, and AK is generally open until 5:00 PM, so we hop to the MK or to Epcot, or go from AK to Fantasmic, etc.

For us, being there in the off-season, it just doesn't make sense to not hop.