PDA

View Full Version : Where to begin...

CubsWest
04-09-2007, 02:04 AM
We're new DVC members, having bought after a visit to Disneyland. We've never been to Orlando and are excited for our first trip next January. My wife, eight year old daughter and I will be travelling with my sister-in-law and 17 year old neice. We're looking forward to staying at Saratoga Springs, seeing all the parks and other attractions. I guess my question is where do we start? How do we begin to make a plan? What's important to see the first time and what can we wait to see later? Or do we just go down there and wing it?

faline
04-09-2007, 06:11 AM
I think you'll have a much better time if you have a plan - not a minute by minute plan but one that outlines which parks you plan to visit on which days and what your must-dos are in each park.

Start by getting a guidebook on Disney World - you might try the Official Guide by Birnbaum or the Unofficial Guide or Passporter. All are good reference points. I prefer the Official Guide as it's easy to read and provides you with basic information.

Once you familiarize yourself with what's available and where, plan which parks you will visit on which days. Add to that the places you'd like to eat and you'll have your basic plan in place.

Keep reading Intercot and you'll get lets of travel tips!

Beast_fanatic
04-09-2007, 08:24 PM
I like to start by figuring out which park I'll go to on which day and then plan my dining arrangements around that.

I'd do as faline suggested and get a guidebook to determine what things are the most important to you and base your days around that.