PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield v. Park Place

Melanie
04-09-2007, 01:16 AM
:help:

I have very good friends (you know who you are ;) ), who are recommending Fairfield Inn and Best Western Park Place Inn.

The price is the same and they are located right beside each other.

I don't know which one to choose! :dizzy: I'd appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

NotaGeek
04-09-2007, 01:32 AM
I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn and it was totally nice. I didn't get a breakfast because I can't waste that meal outside the park :mickey: , but the room was fine and recently redone. The staff was nice and very helpful.

You know how I feel about the Park Place inn, but comparing the two I say they are pretty much 3 stars each and really evenly matched. I would let cost be the factor, but leaving the park when exhausted it was about 10 minutes further down the road for the Fairfield Inn...

ChipDale
04-09-2007, 10:04 AM
We stayed at the Fairfield in December and it was great! Our room was on the 9th (top) floor and we could look directly at the Matterhorn. Also had a perfect view of the fireworks.

Our room had a King bed, a sofa and chair, desk, refrigerator, coffee maker (one cup at a time). The bed was very comfy and the room was immaculate.

The total walk took us about 10 minutes door to Disneyland's front gate. I think it's actually closer than walking from the Disneyland Hotel.

If I can't get a room at one of the three Disney hotels, I choose the Fairfield.

Marla
04-10-2007, 12:34 AM
If Park Place and the Fairfield are the same price, I would take Fairfield. I had a nice room at the Park Place but, it was right next to the stairs and very noisy. I think Fairfield was just a tad classier (if that's a word, lol.). They however, DO NOT offer a continental breakfast. So, you are on your own. But, I am with Michael there. I'd much rather have breakfast at the Carnation Cafe! Also, I had a noisy room at the Fairfield once, it was right next to the elevator. So, request it away from there and you'll be fine. The walk is a bit farther than Park Place, but like Jane said, way closer than the resort hotels. Also, join the rewards program for Marriott and your stays earn you points toward a free night!:tink:

Chescat
04-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't know about Park Place, but the Fairfield Is nice. Stayed there a couple times with friends that came into town. They don't have a breakfast, but they used to have a shop where you can buy stuff like bagels, donuts and drinks. There is a McDonald's next door also, which is on the way to the park. The pool is pretty nice also and the view of the fireworks is pretty good.

The downside is that you have to walk all the way to the park. The bus they had never seems to run much anymore. The walk there is alright, but the walk back at night if you have to bring any kids with you is awful. We resorted to me parking in the structure (I have an annual pass) and taking the kids there and driving from there to the hotel. The advantage to the Disneyland Hotel is you can take the monorail back, so it isn't as bad.

We did stay at the Marriott last year which I didn't like since there were too many business people there with conventions. But what I did find out from that was, some of the hotels have buses that come every half hour or on the hour and they were pretty nice. You get a bus pass with your stay and can take the bus back and forth all the time. So that was nice.

Melanie
04-10-2007, 08:34 PM
The walk won't bother us at all. My kids never complain about walking. They've been doing Disney parks since they were 3 and 5 without strollers, believe it or not. Dad's shoulders often got a workout though. ;)

Thank you all for your reviews. Based on some info Michael found out for me (thank you, Michael! :notworth: ), I've decided to go with the Fairfield. Reservation is made and I requested a high floor room. Hopefully we'll get the side facing Disneyland. We're very excited!

Thanks again everyone! :)

ChipDale
04-11-2007, 10:15 AM
The downside is that you have to walk all the way to the park. The bus they had never seems to run much anymore. The walk there is alright, but the walk back at night if you have to bring any kids with you is awful. We resorted to me parking in the structure (I have an annual pass) and taking the kids there and driving from there to the hotel.

:confused: I can't imagine why you'd want to mess with parking in the parking structure. By the time you do that you could probably walk there and back. Honestly, the walk for us was 10 minutes to/from the Fairfield. I didn't even check to see if they had a bus because it would seem like a waste of time to wait for a bus when it's so close. :confused:

Chescat
04-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I guess our problem was my husband had to carry the 8 year old back and I was helping with the 4 year old with no stroller (since I'm a small person, that was a feat in itself). The dad has a bad back and the mom had knee problems. :blush:

For the parking structure, it wasn't bad since we leave after fireworks. We'd move the car to the end, watch the fireworks from the outside stairwell out there or the roof, then jump in the car and take off. The teenagers would just come back on their own.

I did like the Fairfield, they don't charge you for parking, just give you the thing for your window. And you can always walk to the McDonald's or Millie's right there. :)

Another tip for anybody that uses the parking structure. If you go first thing in the morning when its really crowded. Everybody stacks up at the escalators going down. We normally take that same front stairwell down a level to the emptier level and take those empty escalators down. Saves you all the grief of getting run over.