PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Levels/Wait Times?

chicade88
04-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Just curious what I should be expecting for crowds for my upcoming trip (in 3 weeks!). Does anyone know what wait times I should be looking at? Perhaps someone who has been before during this time could say the longest they've waited? I'm hoping for 10-15 mins on most! Which attractions usually have the longest lines? The last time I went I was 9 so I didn't care about the lines, I was just on :cloud9: from being there!

MOJoe
04-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Wait times depend most on two factors - the attraction and the time of day. Unless the weather is horrible, crowds are unavoidable.
At the Magic Kingdom, the longest lines are at the major attractions: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain. Peak wait times in the afternoon should be around 1 hour, give or take 20 minutes.
You cannot expect 15 minute wait times for any attractions, except within the first hour or two of park opening and near park closing. The other exception is to use the Fastpass System, which will allow you to ride a few of your favorite attractions without a long wait.

mjaclyn
04-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Isn't this considered Peak Season because of Spring Break? During Peak Season WDW is VERY crowded. I would head to the rides that are 'Must Do' ASAP and grab a fastpass - then wait in the lines for other attractions until it's time to use the FP. You may have a 10 to 15 minute wait at the Tiki Room or Country Bear Jamboree.

Dicecatt262
04-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I've been the first week of May before, and I am going again this May. In my experience, waits were not bad at all, use Fast pass to the max, but waits weren't bad EXCEPT on the days Spectro was offered at MK. What a difference that made...we stayed all day, thinking that we just chose a horrible week to visit, it was terribly crowded...then the next night we hopped over for a couple of hours and walked on a lot of rides, and the park was so nice and not crowded (not empty, but not crowded).

If you get up early, go when the park opens, utilize fast pass...you can possibly do all the rides under 15 minutes. If you sleep in and don't go to the park until 10:30 or 11, that isn't going to happen.

mmouse566
04-09-2007, 02:49 PM
We are regulars as we live close by. The shortest wait time has been the Laugh floor which has stayed, even during Spring Break, at 20 minutes. Everything else has been a minimum of 40. That said we have been seeing a lot of wait times posted at 60+ that were only 40 minute waits. The cms even seemed to be exagerating the wait times. Maybe they were just not trying to instill false hopes (always like to be positive about CMs:mickey: ) but they were telling people this weekend that the wait times were 10-15 longer than posted when in reality they were shorter. I seriously doubt between now and August you will find 10 minute waits most anywhere.

TiggerRPh
04-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Just curious what I should be expecting for crowds for my upcoming trip (in 3 weeks!). Does anyone know what wait times I should be looking at? Perhaps someone who has been before during this time could say the longest they've waited? I'm hoping for 10-15 mins on most! Which attractions usually have the longest lines? The last time I went I was 9 so I didn't care about the lines, I was just on :cloud9: from being there!

The crowds shouldn't be too bad...according to the Unofficial Guide for the most part crowd levels should be 5-6 on a scale of 1-10.