PDA

View Full Version : Cancel Mama Melrose or no???

poeticeclipse
04-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm seriously questioning my Mama Melrose reservation in June. I've heard some poor reviews and only a few okay reviews. Can someone tell me their advice? And if you say that I should cancel my ressie, what should I replace it with?

Note: My fiance and I will be on our honeymoon and we are both pescatarians(only eat seafood, no chicken or red meat). Our other ressies are for Sci-Fi, Prime Time, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Boma, Ohana, and Crystal Palace b-fast.

ElenitaB
04-08-2007, 09:37 PM
A group of us ate there last May... I had been reluctant because I hadn't exactly enjoyed our previous visit. However, I was pleasantly surprised. On that entire trip, I made it a point to eat fish as often as I could... at MM, I had the tuna with veggies (the tuna was great but the asparagus could have been cooked a few minutes longer though). Mama Melrose has a few other seafood dishes on their menu (shrimp over pasta and spaghetti fra diavolo). Not too many other MGM Studios restaurants offer that variety.

P.S. If you're going to Primetime at lunch, their fried fish sandwich (which I didn't get) looks awesome!

Rick Blaine
04-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I ate there once last year and the food was good. If you live near a big city (especially one with a big Italian population like Boston or NY) you can get better Italian food at home, but MM is tasty!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-08-2007, 10:51 PM
We liked it and would eat there again with no problem. :thumbsup:

JPL
04-08-2007, 11:05 PM
My local Pizza Place has much better food than Mama Melrose not a big fan of it at all.

Natazu
04-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Here's the thing about Disney Italian. For the most part, there just isn't anything special about it. Mama Melrose isn't bad. The flatbread pizzas are pretty good. It's just nothing to write home about. It will be better than Sci-Fi at least.

c&d
04-09-2007, 11:13 AM
We ate there as part of the Fantasmic package and enjoyed it. The food was good, the service was excellent. We'll be eating there again next week.

NJGIRL
04-09-2007, 11:42 AM
We don't like Mama Melrose.:( I am a vegetarian and in Oct we tried Hollywood & Vine for the first time and we loved it. There were so many things for me to eat, it was like heaven. My picky son and husband also had a lot of good choices. We walked out of there stuffed. I thought all of the vegetables and things that I ate were very tasty and not bland at all.

Maleficent's Dad
04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
We've had nothing but positive experiences at MM. It always gets mixed reviews; guess my family has just been lucky! :mickey: