PDA

View Full Version : Three Family Trip

Dakota Rose
04-08-2007, 04:59 PM
We're re-thinking our next trip (for 2008) and considering heading down to WDW with 2 other families.

Us: 2 adults & 4 yo son (maybe a baby if the Big Guy upstairs gives us another one)

Family 1: 2 adults, 7 yo daughter, 4 yo daughter

Family 2: 2 adults, 6 yo son, 4 yo son, 1 yo son

We're planning on 7 nights/8 days in April 2008.

None of us want to stay at a Value. We'll be celebrating 6 birthdays (2 adults & 4 kids).

Which resort would you choose for this group? Why?
Would you rent a van or rely on trans?
What about childcare? Use Disney or bring a nanny or 2 with us?

cinderella5
04-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I would recommend looking into a condo in the area, for that many people. I believe there are several ones right near WDW, if you choose to stay at WDW, I really prefer the Grand Floridian, it is my favorite resort, I prefer to take my vehicle when I visit the parks, except when I go to magic kingdom I always take the monorail from Grand Floridian. As for babysitting, I believe Disney has a lot of great programs for small kids, but I would personally take my own nanny.

Kerri

WDW visitor twice a year every year since 1972!

faline
04-09-2007, 10:27 AM
For a group that size, you may want some down time away from other group members. If so, I'd suggest getting three separate rooms on site. If budget allows, I'd suggest a monorail resort such as the Poly. With the ages of your kids, you'll spend a fair amount of time at the Magic Kingdom and the monorail resorts can't be beat for convenience to that park.

I'd probably go with Disney's transportation rather than a van. There may be times when members of your group want to go off on their own which they can do more easily than if you're all sharing a van. This is another reason, I'd recommend staying on site.

With the number and ages of your children, the kids' clubs would not be an option so you'd need to rely on one of the services that provides in-room care. With 6 or 7 kids under the age of 8, you'd need two caregivers. If bringing along a couple of nannies is an option, I'd go for it!

vamaggie
04-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I would also vote for staying on site in 3 rooms. With little ones, on site is the only way to go. It is much easier to get back to the room for a nap, meltdown prevention, rest etc. Also, if your group wants to slpit up being on site will be much easier than parking at one park and then having to figure out how everyone is going to get back there at the same time to leave. If you have a nanny/babysitter/relative that the kids are used to (or can get used to before you go) that may be easier than relying on Disney care (but may also require another room). We took our baby sitter skiing with us many times and it was great for everyone! Just make sure you detail out ahead of time what your expectations are re: how many kids to watch and how long and you are paying for and what the sitter is responsible for.