PDA

View Full Version : Olivia's

Jeri
04-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I was tinking about going here for dinner one night but was wondering what others thought.

Is it real bad? How is the food and service?
I am trying to find something new , that is not fancy (we are not), and has things my family would like.

Also can I get here from any park , and back by bus? We will have a car but my husband prefers not to drive while there if possible. I don't know where we will be that day so I can't say where we would be coming from.:confused:

Kags1200
04-08-2007, 03:26 PM
...My family & I have visited Olivia's several times in the last few years

Atmosphere is laid back, an old fasion fan overhead, out in the lobby, one of the walls has pictures of what i guess, are DVC owners

Staff is very attentive, very pleasant

But I have to say, the food last visit 3/5/07 ,left a lot to be desired, Maybe it was an off nite?
We were not finished with our starters, when the main meal came . & might I say it was WAY overdonw
WE showed it to our server, & of course she offered to take them back & bring us fresh, BUT it was late WE had been out all day at the parks
We just ate them anyway , had desert & left

Bottom line?, think I'll give them one more try, maybe lunch next time[less expensive] & if its the same way, we wont return

Disney has SO many choices, why be dissopointed?

MickeyDreamer
04-08-2007, 08:00 PM
We had a very good meal here but this was a couple of years ago so I don't know what it may be like now.

TiggerRPh
04-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I love Olivia's...it's one of WDW's hidden jems. The staff is friendly and wonderful and the food is great. OKW is our home resort so we stay there a lot and we love eating at Olivia's and routinely eat there at least once or twice per trip.

Natazu
04-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Olivia's is one of Disney's most unsung gems. We try to get there a once or twice a year. It's a great fall-back restaurant on days when you don't have an ADR.

To get there on disney transportation, you may have to come from a park or transfer at DTD. Old Key West is easy to get to by car, too.

DVC2004
04-09-2007, 08:06 AM
It's good and it's casual. It does fill up fast so be sure to get an ADR or you can expect to wait 30-45 minutes for a table. It's not very large inside.

pox24
04-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Was just there a month ago. Never really crowded, the food was wonderful and the atmosphere very casual and relaxed. After dinner you can walk out hang a left and ferry over to DTD. I play a lot of Golf and this resort and its quiet and relaxed tone is perfect for me. Its a Disney secret I think.

Maleficent's Dad
04-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Is it real bad? How is the food and service?
I am trying to find something new , that is not fancy (we are not), and has things my family would like.
Food & service are great! :thumbsup:
Relaxed atmpshere - not fancy. Safe, tasty food! Very laid back place!

Also can I get here from any park , and back by bus? We will have a car but my husband prefers not to drive while there if possible. I don't know where we will be that day so I can't say where we would be coming from.:confused:
You just take a bus from any park to OKW.
They have normal bus service to all parks from OKW. There's a ferry to DTD if you need a resort transfer. :mickey:

May524
04-10-2007, 01:39 AM
We ate there March of 05 and it was really great! We stayed at OKW, so the transportation wasn't really an issue. We are going again in June and staying at OKW. What is a great entree to get? Any suggestions on what to order? :secret:

ShanPooh
04-10-2007, 03:40 AM
Olivia's has changed their menu some since the last time we went there - 2005, I think.
We got there from the park and then took the boat back to DTD. The boat was nice and leisurely with good views - especially of the pool with the dolphin statues.