PDA

View Full Version : DVC used elsewhere??

princessjojo
04-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Has anyone out there used their DVC points to stay at other locations such as Colorado resorts or Hawaii, taken other cruises, or stayed at resorts overseas? How easy or difficult was this and what was the points conversion like? I don't if this question is worded quite right, but I was just curious mainly if anyone has used it places other than Disney.

Thanks!!!

JMTStone
04-08-2007, 12:04 PM
We haven't used (new members) but RESEARCHED a lot of places on the list. We went to a lot of websites that are in the DVC system. Hawaii, Aruba, etc. Although I can't see using our points anywhere else, DH wanted to make sure he could hit the beach. (And what about the Cruise Line, I asked).....

I would suggest the same to you. Some of the resorts in the system are not really "on the beach" and we would have to rule those out. I don't know if you feel the same way......

If you are interested in certain places, find their websites to see the setup and location.

Erin
04-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi-

My husband and I used Interval Internal to trade to Cancun, Mexico in December 2007. We paid $75 transfer fee and 124 points. It was great!

I am now trying to trade again for Jan/Feb 2008 but we are on a waiting list.....might have to just rent someone's week so we can go back if the wait list doesn't come through.