PDA

View Full Version : Grindhouse

Emily
04-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Without getting into details since this is a family site, has anyone else seen this yet and if so, what did you think? I went to see it with a friend tonight and I liked it a lot. :thumbsup: I'm a big Tarantino fan, and I like Robert Rodriguez as well, so I was really interested in seeing it. I liked Tarantino's piece better, I swear he is just the dialogue master! I was cracking up during a lot of scenes in his film. The "previews" at the beginning and between the films were hysterical as well. :funny:

Obviously not everyone's cup of tea but the audience we saw it with seemed to love it! It was gruesome but I have to say I really enjoyed it. :blush:

ChipnDaleGal
04-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Oh Emily, I just don't know. I really wanted to see it because Naveen Andrews and Freddie Rodriguez are both in it and I love them, but just the commercial makes me squirm. I just don't think I could take 3 hours of that. You and I like a lot of the same movies, so you are giving me something to think about. :confused:

Emily
04-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Actually, Donna, you need to sit this one out! Naveen and Freddie are featured more in Rodriguez's piece, and it's flat-out disgusting, I won't lie to you. I wouldn't recommend that you see it, you won't enjoy it, I don't think. Sorry sweetie! :( But I don't want to be responsible for you being totally nauseated! ;)

ChipnDaleGal
04-09-2007, 07:13 AM
I think you are right Emily. Thanks for looking out for my stomach! :blush:

GothMickey
04-09-2007, 09:11 AM
My cousin saw it over the weekend and said it was excellent. Anyone else see it? Let us know what you think.

ImagiAsh
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I saw this about two weekends ago and I have to say I am not really a fan of Robert's film "Planet Terror". It was just way too much gore for my personal taste. I enjoyed Tarentino's film "Death Proof" much more. It took a while to work up to the action, but that last half hour car chase scene was incredible! Tracie Thoms, Rosario Dawson, and Zoe Bell were great!:mickey: