PDA

View Full Version : Peanut & nut allergies

Brenle
04-07-2007, 10:41 PM
I thought I'd let anyone who's interested know some very important things I learned about dining in WDW. First, we had the dining plan. When making reservations, tell them about your food allergies. Only one restaurant we dined at didn't have the info we supplied them and that was Coral Reef.

The chef at each restaurant came to our table to speak to us about our specific allergies (nuts and peanuts) and was able to suggest entrees and told us what to stay away from.

The chef at Spoodle's told us that all bread, including flat bread served there, is made in their bakery and can be cross-contanimated and may have come into contact with nuts. So bread served before the meal at any restaurant may have traces of nuts.

So before eating anything, anywhere, check the label. Also, when we were in AK, my husband purchased a chocolate covered banana. It came in a clear package with brown lettering. He read the ingredients and didn't see anything about peanuts. My son, who has the peanut allergy, went to take a bitewhen I read in fine print at the bottom, may contain peanuts. Fortunately, we saw it in time. I brought it to the attention to customer service on our way out. I'm not sure if they have corrected the problem, which was you couldn't read the itty-bitty print on the package very well because it was brown, the same color as the chocolate. So. . . .. . be careful.