PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving week

PNWmom
04-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Has anyone been to WDW the week of Thanksgiving, from the Saturday before to the Saturday after? Is this a good time for weather and how crowded?

Thanks,

wdw_bound
04-07-2007, 11:39 PM
We went in 05 and it was great. Still warm enough to swim in the pool, but only just. The first several days were relatively uncrowded (We got through our must-see list by Tuesday). Wednesday was busy, but not insane. We resort hopped on T-day, and heard the parks were crazy that day. We spent Friday at Epcot - noticeably more crowded than earlier in the week, but still not awful. We came home and told all our friends and co-workers that we had found the perfect time to go.

Several people we know went in 06 expecting the same experience - from the stories they came back with, it was busy the whole week, getting nuts by Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.

I still think its a good time to go, especially with schoolkids. DD only missed 2 days on that trip. The holiday decorations are up and look terrific. My advice would be to make ADRs as early as possible, plan your days to make the most of morning EMH, plan to park hop and eat at off times (really late breakfasts/early suppers).

mouseketeer mom
04-08-2007, 07:16 AM
We are arriving the Friday before Thanksgiving, and leaving the Saturday after! I figure we will do our must do's at the beginning of the trip and save the end of the trip, the busy time, for a more relaxing pace, maybe a tour or something, parasailing maybe?

Strmchsr
04-08-2007, 09:04 AM
The weather is variable - it can be anything from warm to cold to hurricane to sun. You just don't know.

As for crowds, MK is fairly crowded most all week. The other parks are pretty slow early in the week and pick up as the week goes on. From Thanksgiving Day through the week it's quite crowded, but not unbearable.

JMTStone
04-08-2007, 12:13 PM
We arrive on the 21st and plan to do another parks besides MK on Thanksgiving day and day after. We're leaving the plans "fuzzy" on the other days (except ADRs) because our family loves the water parks so much, we will see if there is a day we can enjoy one.

Can you imagine, Thanksgiving day at Typhoon Lagoon? Why not, I say!

TiggerRPh
04-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Has anyone been to WDW the week of Thanksgiving, from the Saturday before to the Saturday after? Is this a good time for weather and how crowded?

Weather can vary...it can be very warm or very cool. Plan for low to mid-70's but check the week prior for better information.

Crowds....it's very crowded. You'll need a plan and take advantage of the EMH mornings.

Harriet
04-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Try and do the must do to's before Thanksgiving day From that day foreward it will be very crowed believe me. Do the parks in the morning as much as possible as it gets crasy by noon. Depending on weather water park or resort pool is a great choice and plan a cruise if you can. Wishes cruise is awsome. My choice is the week following Thanksgiving. I did this week last year for the first time and it was awsome. All the Christmas decorations were up and a lot of other things begin to take place; Story telling at Epcot,Candlelight,Market Place concerts,etc.