PDA

View Full Version : Where is bone yard?

thejens
04-07-2007, 10:34 PM
This is a dumb question. Where is bone yard in AK. We tried to find it last year and our kids got sucked into the water play area and we never did find it. I can't figure out how we missed the area to actually dig in the sand for bones? I know my boys would love that.

magicofdisney
04-07-2007, 10:49 PM
At the entrance to Dinoland. You walk under part of it as you're going in. :mickey:

busterthebronco
04-07-2007, 10:51 PM
you go into the playground area and cross the bridge to the boneyard.

thejens
04-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks. I don't know how I missed it last time!!!

CleveRocks
04-08-2007, 11:32 PM
It's easy to miss the digging area because there's no "street entrance."

If you're walking from Discovery Island (AK's "hub"), the entrance to The Boneyard playground will be on the left shortly after you cross the bridge into Dinoland USA. Notice that before you get to the entrance on the left you'll walk under a pedestrian bridge. You'll be on that bridge a minute or 2 later.

Enter the Boneyard playground, go to your left, and walk up the ramps to the second level. Turn to the right and follow the path, which will lead you over the bridge. You then spill into the digging area. Luckily, it's not filled with sand but rather little pebbles. The pebbles get everywhere (especially deep inside sweaty hair!), but take this from someone who lives at the beach year 'round, those pebbles are much easier to get off little bodies than sand is.

Jasper
04-08-2007, 11:37 PM
I think it is probably the fact that you enter through the playground that people some times miss it. Just a word of caution though, if your kids are older, say about 9-10 or older they will probably either not be interested in the dig or will become bored with it pretty quickly. It's really just a large sandbox with a theme. Don't get me wrong, when my kids were young we spent a lot of time there and got a good chance to rest our feet while the kids played.

King Triton
04-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Also,

- on a hot day, the Boneyard can be really hot. Kids (and adults watching them) can dehydrate really fast in there.

- Even though there's only one entrance to the Boneyard, its not easy keeping track of your kids. If you're good at following them around, OK, but if you're not, its almost better to plant yourself outside (or at) the entrance and keep your eyes peeled for them coming out.