PDA

View Full Version : Dinoland at AK

sleepingbooty
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
We've never stopped and done the carnival style games in Dinoland before, but my oldest is starting to get into things like that. I thought I ought to be prepared this time. How much do the games cost, does anyone know? Cash only, I suppose?

MickeysBestPal
04-07-2007, 07:04 PM
We've never stopped and done the carnival style games in Dinoland before, but my oldest is starting to get into things like that. I thought I ought to be prepared this time. How much do the games cost, does anyone know? Cash only, I suppose?

That area is actually a "sub-land" inside Dinoland called "Dinorama."

GINNY69
04-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I did one of the carnival games in Dinoland. I remember paying $2.00 at the time. Even if the child does not win they do give them a very small toy. I found the game to be expensive. We also checked out another game and they wanted $3.00.. But just so you know this was 2 years ago. When I went last year I did not play any of the games, I just kept on walking.. I don't if its me, but playing carnival like games at disney just not seem right.. I don't know what it is.. It felt awkward.. thats me though...

hope this helps..

:)

sleepingbooty
04-15-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't if its me, but playing carnival like games at disney just not seem right.. I don't know what it is.. It felt awkward.. thats me though...
:)

No, its not just you. Thats why we've steered clear, but I just want to be prepared.

mouseketeer mom
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
The dinoland carnival thing at AK feels so weird to me! Real cheesy and unDisneylike. I don't think we would ever tackle that again.

Jasper
04-15-2007, 03:23 PM
We are also a part of the group who doesn't feel that this type of game belongs in the parks at Disney. In fact, it was exactly that kind of game that Walt Disney himself was trying to get away from when he built Disneyland.

Now, I can say that in a park like California Adventure there is a place for that type of game because that park is specifically devoted to classic California experiences and those games are part of many of the beach experiences from the past. I know that in Animal Kingdom they do have them limited to the Hester and Jester Dinoland section, but it still doesn't seem to fit.

That is a long way of saying, sorry, I don't the answer to your question either.