PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Gathering?

Hayden's Dad
04-07-2007, 05:36 PM
My family is doing a Grand Gathering in May at DW. One of the meals we were able to p;an was the Good Morning Gathering at Tony's Town Square. I understand Tony actually hosts it. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and what your impressions were. I am really looking forward to it. Thanks

Figment!
04-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Just bumping up in case someone who has experienced this missed the thread. :)

tys_mommy
08-28-2007, 12:05 PM
I'd also like some information on this event if anyone has participated before.

lgeandme
08-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I have been seeking responses on Grand Gathering experiences also. Not getting much response either. I am becoming concerned that these experiences aren't that grand.:(

TheRustyScupper
08-30-2007, 06:04 PM
1) Yes, there are characters.
2) Yes, Mickey shows up for a photo session.
3) Yes, there is a sing-along.
4) Yes, it is a Grand Gathering event, so they take advantage of you.

NOTE: IN OUR OPINION, Grand Gatherings are good for the family, but way out of line price-wise. All of the GG events are pricey. The breakfast is about $43/adult and $22/child. A lot of money for breakfast. Oh well, everyone has their preference.

tys_mommy
08-31-2007, 09:27 AM
NOTE: IN OUR OPINION, Grand Gatherings are good for the family, but way out of line price-wise. All of the GG events are pricey. The breakfast is about $43/adult and $22/child. A lot of money for breakfast. Oh well, everyone has their preference.

Thanks for the response. I see that this event is still available for only one table service credit on the dining plan next year so the price isn't going to be a concern of ours. I think we'll try to book this for one day of our trip.:mickey:

kaylamag
08-31-2007, 11:44 AM
My only concern is getting there. We have to rely on disney transportation and when i asked about this experience i was told that transportation wasn't running that early and i would have to make my own arangements to get there.

tys_mommy
09-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Are there normal dates and times for this event or do they change with the season? I just called and they don't have the dates and times for April out yet, understandable since it’s still 7 months away but I was just wondering if they do it like every Tuesday & Thursday at 8 am or does it change depending on the park operating hours?

kaylamag
09-04-2007, 09:13 AM
We are going Jan 26 thru Feb 5th and the dates they gave us were Wed the 30th and Sat the 2nd. Both at 9am.

TheRustyScupper
09-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the response. I see that this event is still available for only one table service credit on the dining plan next year so the price isn't going to be a concern of ours. I think we'll try to book this for one day of our trip.

1) For a 1-credit TS meal, it is worth it.
2) I am sorry I didn't ask about you using DDP coupons.