PDA

View Full Version : Best Breakfast Buffet

jennifer99
04-07-2007, 03:00 PM
We would like to try a different breakfast buffet on our next trip. We have eaten at Chef Mickey's several times and loved it. Which of these breakfast buffets do you think has the best food - 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, or Breakfastosauras? We love all the characters so that is not helping us make our decision.
Thanks, Jennifer

Jimenyfan
04-07-2007, 03:12 PM
We have always enjoyed he breakfast at Crystal Palace. The food had always been fresh and good. Best of all you are already in the MK.

goofiecrazy
04-07-2007, 03:13 PM
We have done the one with Donald and everyone in AK on our last trip andthat pretty good.They had everything plus some cold stuff as well like yogart and other things.

kathiep
04-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Last fall, we ate breakfast at both CP and Breakfastosaurus.

We would go back to both in an instant.

But if we had to choose, Crystal Palace was just a little bit better.

Make your ressie's for as early as possible. Ours were for 8am - it was an hour before the park opened that day. So when we were walking out, we were already in the MK and beating some of the crowds.

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I would have to go with CP.
Chef Mickey's is our real favorite, but Breakfastosaurus hasn't seemed as good the last couple times we went.
In fact, we've decided to skip it on our June trip.

dolphinmickey9170
04-07-2007, 03:58 PM
:number1:
We have always enjoyed he breakfast at Crystal Palace. The food had always been fresh and good. Best of all you are already in the MK.
AMEN!! Breakfast with Pooh and friends!! Awesome!!:mickey:

threeh
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I really like 1900 Park Faire. We ate there for my DD 5th bday it was fun and the food was good.

Happy Planning!!!:mickey:

Strmchsr
04-07-2007, 04:57 PM
The buffets are pretty much identical. Just pick which characters you'd most like to see. There is very little difference in the food.

disneyfan1124
04-07-2007, 05:09 PM
I couldn't vote-if it's characters you want, any choice you listed is going to be magical!

If it's the best buffet (food) you want, Boma (AKL) is by far the best(IMHO)-tons of fruit, pastry, meat, eggs, stuff for kids, it's our favorite!

Good luck!

Mousehead35
04-07-2007, 05:09 PM
I voted for the Crystal Palace b/c it's the only one I've tried to date, BUT we are heading to the Breakfastosaurus in August so we'll see how this one rates.

Mariašoš
04-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Our favorite breakfast buffet is at Trail's End at FW Campground. Absolutely delicious!

alicia524luvstw
04-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Crystal Palace is our favorite and your in the MK! What's more magical?

skw5435
04-08-2007, 07:08 AM
We have done both the Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's at WDW. I believe its Goofy's Kitchen at DLH that we ate at when we were there in 2000.

ISLE39
04-08-2007, 10:45 AM
you forgot chef mickeys which is my favorite compared to all the others

thejens
04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I've only had breakfast at Boma and Crystal Palace. Both were excellent. The food was more varied at Boma, but quite delicious in both areas. I thought the character interaction was pretty quick (nothing special, just pose and picture) at CP, but it was quite crowded. We all enjoyed both meals. This year we are trying Ohana and Cape May. I can't wait!

Lauraubie
04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Boma gets my vote... they have these little sticky buns that are sooooo good! Its sad how much I still think about them.:secret:

Jasper
04-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Chef Mickey's is still our family's favorite, but since you took that off the list I would go with the Crystal Palace as the next one.

jpcns50
04-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Even though its not an option, I would have to throw a vote for Cape May's! We ate there on our last trip, and we absolutely loved the breakfast buffet.

Of this list, I had to vote for 1900 Park Fare, because its the only one I've been to.

Kate In Wonderland
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I actually haven't been to any of these (but I've always wanted to try 1900 Park Fare!).

But I love Cape May Character Breakfast Buffet, and although there are no characters, I LIVE for Boma's breakfast buffets!

Niecyboo
05-01-2007, 07:58 PM
We just tried 1900 last week, and it made it to the top of my list. The food was incredible, and seemed very fancy. The strawberry soup was beyond belief, and they had so many desserts like Chocolate crossoints, Mickey Waffles and bread pudding and a choice of syrup or vanilla sauce for toppings. We'll be going back every trip from now on.

GrmGrninGost
05-01-2007, 10:44 PM
CP is fantastic!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Keep in mind that 1900 PF will be undergoing some refurb in Sept when you're going and will be moved to the GF Cafe area. The dinner will be pre plated so I'm guessing the same goes for the Breakfast. I'm not so sure the experience will be the same. Hopefully someone can can shed more light on the details. I just wanted to point this out so you can take it into consideration before making your decision.

disney100%
05-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I couldn't vote for any of the ones you listed because I haven't eaten there, but we tried Cape May for the first time on our last trip and absolutely loved it! It is one of our must-do's for our next trip!

richardsa98
05-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Since our first "Married" trip in 2001, my husband and I have made 1900 Park Fare our first breakfast every trip! All I can say is STRAWBERRY SOUP!!!!!!! Sometimes I have to get in a second serving at some time throughout the trip too!!!!:thumbsup:

Mickey91
05-04-2007, 12:38 AM
CP is the best!! It is in the BEST location, it is beautiful! and it has Tigger!!:tigger:

darthmacho
05-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Crystal Palace is best, but Breakfastasaurus was better than expected. :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-04-2007, 09:04 AM
You forgot to mention Stitch at 'Ohana! It's a really good breakfast -- as is Cape May.

We had the ultimate displeasure of going to Donald's Breakfastasaurus last weekend. The food was unremarkable -- but the Character interaction was abysmal. Goofy approached our table -- came to me -- not even one of the four boys sitting across from me and wagged his hand in my face for the autograph books then shrugged a picture with the kids. It was terrible. The Characters were rushed through the dining areas at a quick pace, and we were hurried out the door in under 30 minutes. When one is paying $80 for breakfast for a family of 4, one expects some courtesy at the very least. I will never go back and strongly caution others :nono:

poeticeclipse
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM
I've done 1900 Park twice and loved it both times. The characters are the best there IMO.

We're trying CP later this month!!

Jared
05-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Of the three listed, 1900 Park Fare is my favorite. Crystal Palace is fun but crowded and noisy. The food at both places is similar for breakfast.

If you are looking for a great breakfast buffet and do not care about characters, consider eating at Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. For both breakfast and dinner, Boma may be my favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World. 'Ohana is the only place close.

SallyfromDE
05-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I absolutely HATE Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's isn't far behind. They are dirty and grimmy. We love Donald's. We've just always had a good time every year we go.

momof3boysinTN
05-06-2007, 11:27 AM
We have eaten at all of these and enjoy them all each trip if I only had to pick one we would pick 1900 Park Fare. But they are all good and the character interaction at all is great. Of course Chef Mickey is our #1 all time Fav!!!:mickey:

DANAM
05-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Okay Ohana is probally my most favorite but I would say Breakfastosauras would be my second for two reasons.
1. Animal Kingdom is only open for such a short time everyday if you do the earliest seating 8am you are in the park and finished before openning so you are the first to get on the good rides.
2. They all have very large assortments but Breakfastosauras has some smaller dinning rooms and I feel like you get a little bit more time with the characters. Since we where in one of these smaller rooms my kids got picts with all the characters at one time and we were only interupted once.
Give it a shot. There is really no other table services in Animal Kigdom.:mickey: