PDA

View Full Version : My Plan please Comment

mrs.jacksparrow
04-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi...:mickey: Here is my plan for an oct trip.
I'm traveling solo with my 5 year old son
This is our first trip to the park (Not mine)

Please feel free to comment that is why I posted it. Thanks :D

(note: son is not a big ride kid)

Wed: 10/3
arrive at airport 11:30 ME to WL
day at the hotel and messing around fort wilderness and in the pool, arcade resting etc.
dinner whispering canyon ( we are big outsdoors people campers etc)
watch water parade show BED!

Thursday: 10/4
Extra Hours MK get there early
crystal palace 10:25 (pooh is son's favorite)
all day mk and hotel

Friday: 10/5
Blizard Beach
Cub's den for son 6:00 (me with sister visiting from key west for weekend)
Pleasure island etc.

Saturday: 10/6
Epcot Coral reef 12:30
Down town disney evening
6:00 Cirque du Soleil
8:00 house of blues dinner

Sunday: 10/7
MGm 11:00 sci fi for lunch (maybe)
mama melrose for dinner package show 5:20
Not sure if MGM is worth an all day trip?

Monday: 10/8
Animal kingdom extra magic hours
switch hotels to AK
Epcot Pm for Marekesh ADR at 7:00 then fireworks

Tuesday: 10/9
Hotel morning (boma lunch) POOL ETC
PM Halloween party (I really hope not selling yet) or just go to MK for late night

Wed: 10/10
Check out
Chef mickeys 11:10 ride monorail around
mK till we have to go to airport (leave time to get to hotel for ME) Flight 8:30 pm

Mom faints :D

Any commetnt would be welcome!

disney's pocahanta's
04-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi...:mickey: Here is my plan for an oct trip.
I'm traveling solo with my 5 year old son
This is our first trip to the park (Not mine)

Please feel free to comment that is why I posted it. Thanks :D

(note: son is not a big ride kid)

day at the hotel and messing around fort wilderness and in the pool, arcade resting etc.
watch water parade show BED!

Thursday: 10/4
Extra Hours MK get there early
crystal palace 10:25 (pooh is son's favorite)
all day mk and hotel

Blizard Beach
Cub's den for son 6:00 (me with sister visiting from key west for weekend)
Pleasure island etc.

Down town disney evening
8:00 house of blues dinner

Sunday: 10/7
MGm 11:00 sci fi for lunch (maybe)
mama melrose for dinner package show 5:20
Not sure if MGM is worth an all day trip?

switch hotels to AK
Epcot Pm for Marekesh ADR at 7:00 then fireworks

PM Halloween party (I really hope not selling yet) or just go to MK for late night

Wed: 10/10
Check out
Chef mickeys 11:10 ride monorail around
mK till we have to go to airport (leave time to get to hotel for ME) Flight 8:30 pm

Mom faints :D

Any commetnt would be welcome!

i AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF TWO & I TRAVELED ALONE WITH JUST ME AND MY GIRLS AGE 3&7AND IT WAS EASIER THAN I THOUGHT PLANE RIDE AND ALL! WE HAD THE TIME OF OUR LIVES SO MUCH FUN WERE GOING AGAIN JUST THE THREE OF US.YOU'LL WANT TO GO BACK TIME AND TIME AGAIN IT IS FABULOSEHAVE A GREAT TIME:thumbsup: :mickey:

mrs.jacksparrow
04-07-2007, 03:55 PM
thanks for the encouragement! I can't wait!
:party: :mickey: :thumbsup:

January-2007
04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
First off, congrats on the trip, you two will have a great time! Second, you asked if MGM is a full day park, and let me tell you, it is for us. You mentioned your son doesn't like big kid rides, so this is a really great park for him since there are so many shows to enjoy! Have a great time, these memories of his first trip will last a lifetime! :mickey:

mrs.jacksparrow
04-07-2007, 06:34 PM
:mickey:
I just re-read some posts about AKL construction and now I'm wondering if changing is stupid....the CM I spoke with said the animals would still come up to the lodge becasue they feed them there....but if it is going to be loud outside then I'm not sure since my plan is to stay one day almost entirely at the hotel. :confused:

Do you think there is too much going on with my travel plans, if it includes too much down down time and not at the parks???? :confused:
I thought it would be better to do it slower with a 5 year old. This is his trip not mine really

Any thoughts????

TammiMcMan
04-07-2007, 09:02 PM
watch water parade show BED!If you wanted to hang out at Fort Wilderness, you could do Chip & Dales campfire sing-a-long & movie instead of going to dinner at Whispering Canyon. The campfire starts at 7pm that time of year and you can get pizza or hot dogs right there for dinner.

Blizard BeachThis one is just me, I don't like water parks at all. I don't think you have much time set aside for the AK, so I'd put that here instead. Head over early, stay until mid-afternoon and come back for swimming or resting.

Down town disney evening
8:00 house of blues dinnerYou obviously know your son better than me, but is 8pm dinner time realistic? Looks like you have kind of a late evening planned the night before with your sister and even after a long day at the waterparks, your son may not be too comfortable napping at the Cubs Den.

Sunday 10/7
Not sure if MGM is worth an all day trip?I know everyone is different, but it's usually not more than a 1/2 day for my family. If you do end up having a late night on Saturday, it might be better to sleep in and go to MGM more towards lunch time.

switch hotels to AK
Epcot Pm for Marekesh ADR at 7:00 then fireworksDisney makes switching resorts pretty easy, but you still have to find the time to re-pack your suitcases and get bell services to pick them up before heading over to AK early. Probably more of a reason to stick around the resort Sunday morning before MGM. You can pack up and just leave out your necessities.

PM Halloween party (I really hope not selling yet) or just go to MK for late nightI think your son would love the Halloween Party. That's something I wouldn't miss.

Aside from some of the comments I made, the only other thing that's jumping out at me is that I didn't notice much downtime during the day. It's been a while since I had a 5 year old, is that still young enough for a stroller and would he take a nap in one (if naps or even some downtime are needed)?

I don't know if the resort change is necessary, but it's pretty seamless anyway and aside from having to pack and unpack again, it doesn't take alot of time away from your vacation. The construction is going to be there, but you probably won't notice much from the pool area. I know some 5 year olds who would be way excited to see dump trucks and construction stuff.

Beast_fanatic
04-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Boma isn't open for lunch.

Halloween party tickets will likely go on sale around the beginning of May.

thejens
04-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Looks great! My boys loved Sci Fi. If your son will enjoy eating in a car and drinking a soda with light up ice cubes he will love it. You may need a full day at MGM if you see shows and go at a 5 year old's pace. I am not a water park person, so I would say stay at the resort and relax by the pool instead. I think 5 year olds really don't need the lines and drama of a park especially if he is not a "bid ride kid." I recommend eating dinner at Boma, it's great. I also hope you allow a full day at AK. It's a great park for little kids to take their time in (for instance the boneyard, water playground, watching animals etc.) I loved staying at AK. The pool is great. I wouldn't know about the construction sounds. I assumed your son was in a kids club during the Nouba and House of Blues dinner??? I know you'll have fun!

mrs.jacksparrow
04-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Okay I agree with the water park comments for sure. thank you...it's nice to have a sounding board when you are doing this all ALONE! :mickey:

My son will be 6 in Dec so he is on the high 5 side in october.

Thanks for the heads up on Boma I missed that one. I will try for breakfast or dinner.

Thanks for the chip and dale idea too! thta would be fun! :party:

8 pm is kinda late :sheep: but I'm hoping he will hang in there. You know be on Disney time :-) by then.

Thank you to everyone that is helping this along! I truly truly appreciate the input you guys are GREAT :yay: