PDA

View Full Version : Epocot Dining choice

mickeymousedabomb
04-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Okay fellow intercoter's............Our family (Mom, DD11, DD5, Grandma & Grandpa) has 9 out of 10 dinner choices chosen and the one at Epcot is where we are stuck. Plese pick your favorite restaurant for dinner!! We will go with the place with the most votes.

HndrdPrcnt
04-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Ok, since the score is currently all tied up, let me sell you on my vote - Marrakesh.

At Marakesh, not only do you get a meal, but you also get a total experience. The decor of the restaurant is AMAZING!! They also have a belly dancer that does a show for you while you eat your dinner. The show is great! The food is even better. No, it is not hot dogs and hamburgers. It is different from what you are used to eating, but amazingly delicious.

Why would you want to go somewhere that is simply no more than a meal (and not even a great meal at that) and is no different than something you could get at home??

Take advantage of being at the World Showcase and truly enjoy the Marrakesh experience. You will not be sorry that you did!!:thumbsup:

jokat
04-06-2007, 11:19 PM
My personal favorite for dinner, of these three choices, would be Coral Reef. I'm not sure how many your family consists of or if you like seafood, but Coral Reef offers many selections other than the yummy seafood as well.

We've also eaten at Marrakesh, but for lunch. My DH and I very much enjoyed our meal AND the entertaining belly dancer and music. IMHO you can get the same experience for lunch that you would at dinner at Marrakesh. I also think the Coral Reef offers such an awesome atmosphere with a great view of the aquarium. By "family" I assume you have children and I think they would love this. During our dinner we were fortunate enough to be able to watch some divers in the tank interacting with the fish, as well as the diners! All this PLUS the desserts...they were fabulous!

Now, we've not eaten at Rose & Crown so I can't offer any insight there. But with these three great choices, you really can't go wrong! The ones you don't make it to this trip give you somewhere to start next trip! :thumbsup:

threeh
04-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Marekesh is a hidden gem in World showcase. My family and I love it and try to eat there each trip. I also really like Rose and Crown. We had a wonderful lunch there on the patio. Another good choice.

Happy planning!!!:mickey:

TiggerRPh
04-07-2007, 01:06 PM
I love both Coral Reef and Marrakesh but I think you get a better value and a more unique dining experience at Marrakesh...so that was my choice.

SBETigg
04-07-2007, 01:15 PM
The really fantastic thing about choosing Marrakesh is that you are getting a completely unique experience. You can get seafood(even with aquariums), and British-style pub food almost anywhere, but where can you get good Moroccan food, with belly dancers and live music? Not so many places.

Kairi_7378
04-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I voted for Marrakesh. The atmosphere is great. I think that it is one of the places in the World Showcase where you feel like you have traveled to a whole new place in just a few steps! (Isn't that kind of what Disney wanted to accomplish here?) However, if you live in a place where you can get good Moroccan food I'd consider the Coral Reef. Where else can you sit in the middle of a giant fish tank?

dolphinmickey9170
04-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Rose and Crown's Chicken Pasty (not a typo) is delicious!! The Guinesse stew rocks!!:)

Mariašoš
04-07-2007, 11:13 PM
I love all 3, but Marakesh is my most favorite. It's absolutely beautiful inside, belly dancing entertainment (they usually pull people up to belly dance) and the food is delicious! If you go here be sure to order the sampler as your main dish. It's absolutely huge and you can try a bit of everything!

CandleontheWater
04-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I voted for rose and crown because I like the atmosphere and I think the food is very good. I've never been to the Coral Reef and while I think it might be a really cool experience, I've heard very mixed reviews of the place. I personally didn't like Marrakesh when I ate there in Feb. I found the waitstaff to be rude, and the food to be sub-par for the price paid. I've had a lot of really good middle eastern food, so that may be why I was unimpressed. I found my shish kabobs to be completely uninspired. They were overcooked to the point of toughness and floating in some watered down tomato-paste-like substance. The side dish consisted of Spanish rice, the type you would find in a cheap Mexican restaurant. Admittedly the inside of the restaurant was very nice. The carvings and details were beautiful and the bellydancer was fun, however, I would go for lunch and not pay dinner prices.

future_imagineer
04-08-2007, 09:51 AM
I voted for Coral Reef (made it a three way tie!)... it is a wonderful place to eat with great food and a really cool view! My personal favorite thing there is the blackened catfish... according to a waiter we had there a few years back, it is farm raised at The Land just across the pathway in Epcot!

Natazu
04-09-2007, 03:35 AM
It's hard for Marrakesh to get a fair shake in a poll. So many people are afraid to try it that the numbers really don't come through. I can't think of anyone that actually tried Marrakesh and didn't like it. I know lots of people that don't like Coral Reef and quite a few that think R&C is just average. :twocents: