PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving 07'

Simbajr4ever
04-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Wonder if anyone with Thanksgiving dinner experience, can recommend a nice traditional dinner, resturant.

mickeymousedabomb
04-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern has a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, and it's an all-you-can-eat feast. The characters are there in old fashion clothes during dinner too. We will be there in '07 for Thanksgiving too and our family decided to do the Spirit of Aloha for something different but we will go to the LTT to get the homestyle dinner we love for Thanksgiving.

ElenitaB
04-06-2007, 10:39 PM
LTT does offer the traditional Thanksgiving dinner (365 days a year) and you will not be the only family there to enjoy the fare. While we enjoyed the experience the one year we did go (our very first trip to WDW), I did NOT enjoy the crowds (it was ridiculously crowded and there was a line for the ladies' room that went down the stairs).

Many other restaurants throughout WDW will be serving turkey and all the trimmings. This past year we avoided the crowds a bit by going to LTT Thanksgiving eve. Other years, we've gone to resort restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner (including Boatwrights at POFQ).

I'm not trying to dissuade you or be negative, only to point out that LTT will be VERY crowded.

jillluvsdisney
04-06-2007, 10:47 PM
We really like Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club.It's the regular buffet of clams, carved meats ect along with all the traditional Thanksgiving foods. We have eaten their two seperate Thanksgivings and both times the food was very good. It was fresh and hot. The service was also very attentive.

AdventurerKim
04-07-2007, 09:43 AM
We really like Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club.It's the regular buffet of clams, carved meats ect along with all the traditional Thanksgiving foods. We have eaten their two seperate Thanksgivings and both times the food was very good. It was fresh and hot. The service was also very attentive.

We have had the same experience at Cape May for Thanksgiving dinner and will go again this Thanksgiving. We used to go to Crystal Palace, but it's so noisy and everyone is crammed together in a small space. We went to Le Cellier for lunch on Thanksgiving once, and we could have gotten a traditional Thanksgiving turkey meal. If you're planning at sit-down meal on Thanksgiving, make a reservation as soon as you can bc that day fills up quickly.

mouseketeer mom
04-07-2007, 11:08 AM
LTT does offer the traditional Thanksgiving dinner (365 days a year) and you will not be the only family there to enjoy the fare. While we enjoyed the experience the one year we did go (our very first trip to WDW), I did NOT enjoy the crowds (it was ridiculously crowded and there was a line for the ladies' room that went down the stairs).

Many other restaurants throughout WDW will be serving turkey and all the trimmings. This past year we avoided the crowds a bit by going to LTT Thanksgiving eve. Other years, we've gone to resort restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner (including Boatwrights at POFQ).

I'm not trying to dissuade you or be negative, only to point out that LTT will be VERY crowded.

Thats what I was wondering! What other restaurants exactly will be serving Thanksgiving fare, even if its with a twist? Our 180 day mark will be coming up soon! We're still undecided!

ElenitaB
04-07-2007, 06:42 PM
FYI: Your 180 day window for making ADRs for Thanksgiving opens on May 26th!

mouseketeer mom
04-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Thanks! I haven't planned ANYTHING yet, I've been so busy with my kids birthdays, spring cleaning, etc..Soo, Happy Easter and then a spring break with the kids home next week, sooo...after that I shall begin my joyful planning! I've never been during a "busy" time like Thanksgiving, we usually seek out the quieter times..so., I better get cracking!