PDA

View Full Version : Can I receive free dining for my entire stay if my stay starts the last day offered?

caseyis8
04-06-2007, 05:44 PM
I am trying to talk my husband into letting me take my 9 year old son to WDW alone since he doesn't have any more vacation time left this year. I would go if the dining is free. I would stay at a value to save even more money and would go from Saturday, September 22 to the following Saturday. Would I receive my entire dining free for the week, or just that one day?:mickey: :secret:

Jasper
04-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I certainly can stand to be corrected, but I believe you would only get it for the one day. Of course, be sure to call Disney and ask. The other thing to remember is that just because the rules worked one way before doesn't mean they will be that way again.

2MuchWDFun
04-06-2007, 06:06 PM
I believe if your first night is part of the free dining dates, your whole stay will be under the free dining. That is how it worked last year!

BelleBeauty
04-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Disney locks in your vacation package from the first day. So that means whatever hotel rate/special promotion, etc. is applicable on the day you check-in is good for your entire stay.

Lily
04-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Yep, whole stay as long as you are checking in while the package is in effect.

Mickey's Pal
04-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I HOPE this is the case- That would be AWESOME! The 21st - 29th would work perfectly for our family.

THANKS FOR ASKING!!! I'll keep checking this post in case someone comes along with a different answer. ;)

DizneyRox
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, the answer to your question is yes, HOWEVER...

Unless I'm mistaken, "free" dining was contingent on guests paying rack rates for rooms. So, while you may get "free" dining, you will also probably be paying a higher room rate than normal for those days. And I also remember that some people needed to upgrade their reservations last year to get the "free" dining as the rooms they originally had booked were not available with "free" dining.

Splitting the reservation into two stays would forfeit the free dining on the second part of the stay, but may yield a cheaper rate on the hotel which may actually end up saving you money.

So, before you just do it, ask second and third questions and do the math.