PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Club

packofjedis
04-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Does anyone know if ESPN Club (Boardwalk) takes reservations?

Also, how is the food?

dumbo ears
04-06-2007, 05:43 PM
im pretty sure it doesn't take reservations. the food there is good but i go there not for the food but for the sport atmosphere. it is a great place to eat.

RockChalkKimball
04-06-2007, 06:09 PM
My DS ate there last year. It was a fun place to eat, but the food is just OK. He had a footlong chili dog that he thought was good, but that is the kindo of food he likes. I had the loaded nachos and they were decent. They did serve alot of food for the price, so it is a good deal, if you like "bar" food.

Pop Centurion
04-06-2007, 06:15 PM
They do not take reservations. I recommend going on a night that there's not a big game on to avoid a long wait. Unless that's the reason you're going.
Great food for a typical Bar & Grill type restaurant.

Maleficent's Dad
04-06-2007, 07:32 PM
They don't accept any reservations at ESPN.
Food is typical bar fare - sandwiches, wings, nachos, etc...
Food is good, not great. Everyone's there for the atmosphere - often live radio shows (at times TV) going on in the studio. There's often fun sport's trivia in the place as well.
FYI - if you're into Buffal Wings, these are some of the best outside of the Anchor Bar in Buffalo itself. One of the few places where you actually get wings!

DVC2004
04-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Nope, no ressies. Food is ok. There is quite a line when the games are on. We got there about an hour before hubby's Bears/packers game was to start. We were seated about 5 minutes before it began. The nice thing if you are there to catch a game is that they don't try to rush you out of there when you are done eating. You can stay and watch at your liesure.

MinnieMommie
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
No you just go up and wait for a table to open up. We have waited in long lines for a table at times but once in you can stay at your table for the entire game. I should add that if you want to go to see a game that will be in demand you shoudl get there early so you are in the beginning of the line. Fun place with large servings of OK food. Not bad but not gourmet.:mickey:

jedigrrrl
04-06-2007, 11:43 PM
We went last year for one of the Miami Heat palyoff games and the place was SUPER PACKED with a line down to the end of the water. We realized that if you stalk people eating in the bar side(the right side) you can seat yourself as soon as someone gets up. That's what we did and we sat in 10 minutes.

kakn7294
04-07-2007, 02:14 PM
They do not take reservations. There are 2 sides to the ESPN Club - a "bar" side with self seating (but be warned on busy days, you may lose your seat if you go to the bathroom!) and a "restaurant" side where they seat you. For the restaurant side, depending on when you go (that is if there is a major sporting event being broadcast), you may or may not have to wait in a line outside the door to be seated just before or shortly after the event has started. If there are multiple events going on - such as NFL Sundays - you may request to be seated near a screen broadcasting your particular event. They recommend on big event days that you arrive 45 to 60 min early. It is true that they allow you to stay for the duration of your particular sporting event. When there are no major sports broadcasts, they will have trivia games and radio and/or tv broadcasts with the personalities from ESPN. The food itself is typical sports bar fare - sandwiches, a few salads, finger food appetizers, a couple of decent desserts j- it is pretty good. They do take the DDP. My DD's (ages 7 and 12) love it here - we've been 3 times - and are upset that we are not going again in August so I might just have to ammend the plans to include a trip here.

iceicebritney
04-08-2007, 04:18 PM
the ESPN club at boardwalk is for the drinking crowd. we head there to watch the games while were on vacation and cheer the red sox on. great bar atmosphere, lots of fun chatting with the bar tenders all about disney, etc.

not known for their food. can't really say we enjoyed it at all. had to eat there when staying at boardwalk because theres not many food options at that hotel unfortunetly. we've eaten at ESPN zone many times in Washington, DC... Baltimore, MD... and NYC. The food is not comparable at all. i'd have to say that spoodles or the brewery at the boardwalk would be a better option for dinner, and then head to espn zone afterwards for some drinking.

TheAdventurer
04-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree with the other that the food is just ok. And I think it's pretty over priced. I'll only eat there if I'm going to be there awhile for a game--I wouldn't go out of my way just to eat there.

kaylamag
04-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Oh no, I was planning on making reservations for my husband for the superbowl. We are going to be at Disney the beginning of Feb 08. How far in advance do you think he should be there?

Mickey's Pal
04-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Great, fun atmosphere! The food is good (not great, but very good). We make it a point to go there at least once on our trips to WDW. The nachos are our favorites! Can't go wrong with ESPN! :mickey: