PDA

View Full Version : Dining Decision

Vinny
04-06-2007, 12:00 AM
I will be going to WDW (me and my father on this trip) in just under 2 months and have booked two ADR's (not on the DDP), they are 'Ohana for dinner and Crystal Palace for lunch. While reading the 2007 edition of Birmbaums WDW book I came across the all-you-can-eat clam bake dinner at Cape May at the Beach Club. I only want to have 2 ADR's scheduled for my trip, 'Ohana being one of them. My question is: Is it worth it to bypass Crystal Palace for lunch and schedule an ADR for the Cape May clam bake? Is it a popular dinner choice? How is the quality of food? Thank in advance for any help or info that you can offer.

pox24
04-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Yes, make the change!:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
04-06-2007, 08:14 AM
My question is: Is it worth it to bypass Crystal Palace for lunch and schedule an ADR for the Cape May clam bake?
They are two very different restaurants...

The CP is a character meal (Cape May is not in the evenings)
CP is in the MK - Cape May in the BC resort
CP has broader variety of food
Cape May focuses on sea food (not the only choice, however)
CP is usually much more crowded
Cape May is usually a lot quieter

Is it a popular dinner choice? How is the quality of food?
It is popular - but mostly with guests staying in the EPCOT resort area. It's not nearly as crowded (not that this means popular) as the CP; keep in mind, the CP is in the middle of one of the busiest places on earth!
Food quality at both restaurants is excellent - keeping in mind that they are both buffets. Both have different offerings!
Here's (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/capemay_dinner.asp) the menu for Cape May.
Here's (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/magickingdom/crystal_lunch.asp) the menu for CP.

faline
04-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Although many folks absolutely love the Cape May Buffet, my husband and I were not impressed when we tried it a few years ago. It was fine; though, in my opinion, not great. We haven't rushed back!

jedigrrrl
04-06-2007, 09:34 AM
It's in my top 5 TS places to eat at WDW. if you like clams, shrimp, mussels, chowder, and delicious desserts, it's a must do. YUM!

Vinny
04-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks again everyone for all of the useful info you have provided. I am leaning toward making the change from Crystal Palace (lunch) to Cape May (dinner) but will most likely make my decision tomorrow.

mickeymousedabomb
04-07-2007, 10:02 AM
I for one do not like any type of seafood but we went to Cape May on out last trip and I loved what they offered. There was plenty of a selection for the non-seafood lover and the atmosphere was relaxing and it was overall peaceful. Although this is not one of our selections for our up coming visit in Nov, the only reason for that is bc we are choosing places we have never gone to before. Next time around I won't hesitate to make it back!

Vinny
04-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Although this is not one of our selections for our up coming visit in Nov, the only reason for that is because we are choosing places we have never gone to before. Next time around I won't hesitate to make it back!

That is the same thing I have started doing with the restaurants at WDW. I usually take a trip with my father at least once a year (kind of a family WDW tradition). Starting with our November 2006 trip, we decided to book an ADR for restaurants that we have never been to and picked Hollywood Brown Derby then. The dinner was very good so we decided that when we booked our next trip we would try another place. It will be our first time at the Cape May Clambake and looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the review.:mickey: