PDA

View Full Version : Canceled Coral Reef ADR

Crow
04-05-2007, 10:25 PM
arriving May 29th am leaving June 4pm
I had an ADR for Coral Reef on the 3rd but second guessed myself and cancelled it. im doing solo on the dining plan and staying at CS
May 29 Le Cellier 4:10 pm
May 30 CA Grill 5:30 (2 TS credits)
May 31 Akershus 4:25 pm
June 2 Kona Cafe 7:10 pm
June 3 San Angel 7:00 pm
that takes all 6 of my TS credits. i will use my 6 CS and Snack credits to fill in.

ElenitaB
04-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

MsMin
04-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Hope you have a great trip. We really loved the Coral Reef and had a lot of fun there. I just hate to strongly recommend a restaurant because we all have different tastes and with service, different experiences. I don't run there for the seafood ;) I find it kind of odd to eat Salmon in Florida-- not like they caught it off their coast. But I'm real picky about fish. Spoodles was great, we went for the first time last time.- very flavorful.

Crow
04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
its hard when there are so many places and you have favs.
i wanted to go to places i havent yet (CA Grill)
and places i havent for awhile (Akershus since the princesses arrived)
contemplated Spoodles as ive walked past it many times and looked at the menu.
and i also hadnt had any ADRs in WS other than Le Cellier before last night and thats my fav part of WDW.
and i also will miss AP which i wanted to go to again and some of the buffets (Trails End) since im on the dining plan
hate having to b tied down to ADRS but.

Bruegge
04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
i wanted to go to places i havent yet (CA Grill)

I' sure you'll love it .... we will just miss you.. We (DW DD"s 8,3) will be at CG on the 28th,

We will be in Epcot the same day, wer'e eating at Chef's at 630

You'll be able to spot us... DW will be mad looking at the park map and pointing... I'll have (at least one) beer in my hand smiling like I just ate the last doughnut.

Scott

murphy1
04-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I think it's perfect! I know you love AP (you got me to go there and it is awesome) but CG will be a great experience! I think Le Cellier is a great substitute for AP anyway.

SBETigg
04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Looks like a really good plan! I hope you have a great trip.

Natazu
04-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Looking Good. Have a great time.

Crow
04-06-2007, 08:31 PM
I' sure you'll love it .... we will just miss you.. We (DW DD"s 8,3) will be at CG on the 28th,

We will be in Epcot the same day, wer'e eating at Chef's at 630

You'll be able to spot us... DW will be mad looking at the park map and pointing... I'll have (at least one) beer in my hand smiling like I just ate the last doughnut.

Scott
ill buy you a :beer: lol

HndrdPrcnt
04-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Sounds like a really good line-up. We just love CG. We always plan it just right so that the fireworks from Wishes are exploding over the Magic Kingdom as we enjoy dessert. It is great!

Anthony007
04-07-2007, 09:36 AM
We just cancelled Coral Reef for June 8 and replaced it with Marakkesh. I havn't been to either, so its a bit of a risk either way.

SBETigg
04-07-2007, 01:01 PM
We just cancelled Coral Reef for June 8 and replaced it with Marakkesh. I havn't been to either, so its a bit of a risk either way.

Good choice! We really love Marrakesh, so much fun and unique.

Bruegge
04-07-2007, 01:50 PM
ill buy you a :beer: lol

So, many beers... so little time..

Seriously, keep an eye out....

I'm (no kidding) a short, fat, white, 48YO guy with glasses.... (Chicks dig me....LOL) with a tall thin younger wife... two dd's 8yo has sandy blond hair like mom. 3yo is very blond and petite.

Got a 6:30 at Chefs...

Am I the only guy who loves the accent on the girls at Norway that sell beer... Oh, and my favorite up-sell....
"Yes, I'd like a beer please".. "would you like a King size or a Queen sir"... as if ....

Scott

Crow
04-07-2007, 05:58 PM
ill keep an eye out:beer:
ill be buying a beer in Norway sometime during the trip....a few probably.
anyone else? lets all meet there

iceicebritney
04-08-2007, 04:07 PM
my opinion... cancel Kona Cafe and do Coral Reef instead - you will enjoy your self much more.

At coral reef, have the seafood soup, tuna, and a chocolate wave for desert. Treat yourself to a bottle of Fez Parker's (Davey Crockett!) Reisling also, its our fav!

Crow
04-08-2007, 08:47 PM
but i just canceled Coral!
just wanted a LapuLapu again and try Kona again and eat on the monorail ....well not on it but.

Tinkermom
04-08-2007, 11:05 PM
but i just canceled Coral!
just wanted a LapuLapu again and try Kona again and eat on the monorail ....well not on it but.

I think Kona is one of the best kept Disney dining secrets. It is easy to get in to and has a nice laid back feel. The service has always been great and the food is amazing! The pot stickers and sticky wings are so yummy and you have got to try the Kilauea Torte for dessert if you have not already!:thumbsup: Also, you just can't beat the Poly "feel". :lei:

Crow
04-09-2007, 09:46 PM
well i was lookin at the crabcakes n mahimahi, but the wings sound good too!
now i have to decide where to eat in Sept for the free dining!

Jeff G
04-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Looks like a great plan and with going back in September in makes mising CR easier, you can always catch it then. Just a FYI, the restraunts are already rather full in September.

I agree that Kona is one of WDW's best dining secrets:secret: .

Spaceship Tigger
04-10-2007, 07:57 AM
We've gone back and forth a few times about Coral Reef for our upcoming trip. It always looks like something we might try, then cancel it because of all of the negative reviews. Someday we'll fit it in I guess...