PDA

View Full Version : The dream came true! Day 2- An afternoon with the magic!

BriarRose0708
04-05-2007, 10:17 PM
3/31/07 Continued...

There wasn't anything else in Tomorrowland I wanted to see, so off to Toontown we went! We took a peek in Minnie's house, which is a lot like how my house might look if I decorated it! Then we checked out the line to meet some characters, and the wait time for Donald, Chip and Dale, and Daisy was 20 minutes so we decided to go for it. Daisy is my favorite character so I had to meet her! I wasn't planning on starting a Photopass, but I broke down. I doubt I'll order any prints, but it will be nice to have them online (I wrote this last week, and having since viewed such photopass pictures, I will be purchasing some of them!)

After cavorting with ducks and chipmunks, it was time to join Brer Fox in his quest to catch that elusive Brer Rabbit. The wait for Splash was 40 minutes, which for us was doable. Kim got us BTMRR fast passes in the mean time. The que was long, but it went by a little faster because we made friends with the family in front of us. They were a nice couple from Tallahassee and their 4 year old son, Kyle. We had fun teasing him and playing pretend in the cave. Finally it was our turn! I couldn't wait to ride. I remember when it was built and watching it on the Disney Channel when I was little. I loved the story line and the music, and of course that drop! It was hot and sunny over Frontierland but I didn't get that wet. That came later. After being dumped in the dark and very expensive forest (I mean gift shop) we grabbed a drink, took a break for a few minutes, and headed to the runaway mine train for our fast pass return time. Thus, completing the Mountain Trifecta! Now, at this point I was on :cloud9: and you would have had to drag me out of the park but I still wouldn't be disappointed because I had done soooo much already, and we'd been there for only 3 and a half hours! I was walking around the entire day (and way into the night) with the hugest grin on my face.

After our ride on BTMRR Kim and Nick left so Nick could go home (poor Nicholas was so bored!) and Rhonda's kids wanted to hit up Tom Sawyer's Island. Britt and I were hungry and so we took off for Main Street in search of lunch. We decided to go to Casey's for hot dogs, which were delicious. I stood in line to order while Britt went to stalk for a table, which apparently she got as soon as she got outside. We sat out on the corner at a lovely table by the piano. The crowd was still large but fairly manageable. It was definately more crowded over in Frontierland than anywhere else because of Splash and Big Thunder. Or the Country Bears. Whichever.

Oh yes, we also tried to get on the Haunted Mansion around noon, but it was experiencing "technical difficulties" and was closed for the time being. I hoped it would be up and haunting soon! After lunch we walked through the shops on Main Street. there was so much to look at I think I was on souvenir overload! The only things I bought that day were two notepads and food, which is pretty good. It was coming on 2:45 and the crowds were gathering for the parade. I knew (thanks to my research here on Intercot) we needed to get out of there lickety split or risk being stuck in the throngs. As we neared Tomorrowland a marching band came doen the street and suddenly I was innundated with memories from my bandgeek days in highschool.

While strolling through Fantasyland, the parade route behind us, we noticed the standby wait for Small World was 20 minutes. This was one ride I knew I had to do because it's so classic. While we were in line Kim called to say the Haunted Mansion was working again and to meet them there when we got off Small World. The ride was cute and it definately is a small, small world after all.

Well it's getting late, so tomorrow's update will include the 999 Happy Haunts, Pirates, and a cruise! Thanks for reading!:thumbsup:

faline
04-06-2007, 05:54 AM
You did all three mountains straight away? Good for you!

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Splash is my favorite. :cloud9:
Hurry back.
karen :tikki:

January-2007
04-06-2007, 11:26 AM
What fun you are having! All three mountains, meeting even more characters, and it's only half way through your day in peak season! Can't wait to read more, it's so much fun!:mickey:

magicman
04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I love all three of the mountains, but I particularly love Splash. I think Brer Rabbit is the ultimate in coolness:cool:, but one of the things that I particularly like about the ride is the length of the ride. I don't mind waiting 40 minutes like you did because it isn't some skimpy 3 minute ride.

I'm enjoying living vicariously through your trip & great report.

Christine
04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
So glad your dream came true! Hope you get back soon!

ChipnDaleGal
04-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Walking around the Magic Kingdom with a permanant grin is the best feeling, isn't it? Thanks for sharing a great time with us. :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Sounds great:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing:mickey:

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 02:57 PM
What a great morning. You sure are managing to get a lot done! I am off to read more...

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 05:29 PM
thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
sounds good...going to go read more about your trip..thanx for sharing... :mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-17-2007, 06:22 PM
:mickey: Thanks so much for sharing! A great start!

conorsmom2000
04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Excellent afternoon!! :mickey: Thanks for sharing!

ElenitaB
04-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm getting confused about which report refers to what part of what day, but reading about any time spent at MK is always fun! Thanks for sharing!