PDA

View Full Version : The dream came true! Day 2- A very magical morning

BriarRose0708
04-05-2007, 10:13 PM
On the eve of day one when we got back to our room at Pop, we suddenly remembered that our ADR for Chef Mickey's was at 7am. Oy! Seeing as how I was journaling until almost 1am, I knew it was going to be tough getting that wake-up call at 5:45. We also discovered the buses would not be running before 7 like I had hoped, so we also booked a cab to pick us up at 6:40 and take us to the Contemporary. Another huge thumbs up for Pop, the CM at the front desk hooked us up with a cab company no problem and was super nice. Which put me in a really good mood! I finally put my pen down, turned Stacey off (Look at all those lazy people in the lazy river) and went to sleep. After what seemed to be a minute later Mickey woke me up and our magical day had begun! Here we go!

5:45 am came way too early. Again, the first thought in my head was not "we're going to Disney today," more like "I want to sleep 5 more hours!" But, soon after I wised up and got ready to go. I was wearing my pink tink shirt that I bought at the Disney store a few months ago specifically for this occasion, and packed my visor I bought the night before because I forgot my sunglasses in Buffalo. Apparently I am not smarter than a 5th grader because later that day Nicholas said "How could you forget something like that?" Poor kid has lived in Orlando his whole life and doesn't know the horror of a thing called winter, where you don't need sunglasses for months.

So anyway, we met our cab outside Classic Hall at 6:40 on the dot. It was still so dark outside. The resort was real quiet as we walked through. The drive to the Contemporary was quick, and I was able to see the castle lit up from a distance. We arrived at the resort at 6:50, took a few pictures in the lobby and headed up to check in for our ADR at 7. We got our buzzer and took a few pictures at the plate. Then our table was ready! We had a great table by the window facing the MK, and about 35 minutes later we had a beautiful view of sunrise over the castle.

The characters weren't out yet, so we filled up our plates at the buffet. Let me tell you, even though 7am is wicked early and I haven't gotten up before 6 since high school, it was the BEST time to go! The food was nice and fresh on the buffet, and we virtually had out section to ourselves for about half an hour.

Finally, the characters! First up, Goofy. He came into our section, which now was filled with two large tables of other vacationers, and did this crazy dance. When he got to our table I could tell he totally had a crush on me. I could feel it. We danced together and got a pic of us in tango pose! Next came the Donald. Duck, that is. Brittany kind of offended him, though, because as he left our table she said "give me 5!" and Donald shook his head and held out his hands, showing us that he had FOUR and not five. It was histerical. So we gave Donald four and he left. Then came Minnie who was so cute! Britt told her it was my first time at Disney and Minnie started jumping up and down and gave me a huge hug.

Next up to our section was Mickey. He stopped at the other two tables for at least ten to fifteen minutes, and I saw by the door a CM had caught his attention and gave him the universal "wrap it up" sign. For a second I thought I was going to miss my meeting with the mouse. But no, it was just the napkin dance! Apparently not only am I not smarter than a 5th grader I needed a crash course in Napkin Twirling 101. It's harder to do that than it looks! After we put our napkins back in our laps where they belong, Mickey made a beeline for our table. He's my new boyfriend (sorry goofy. You're too tall for me). I thanked him for making such a delicious breakfast and I love how our picture came out. The last character out was Pluto. He must still have been a little groggy because he was the least excited/animated of all the characters. He spent a few seconds with us and then headed on to the next table.

By this time it was close to 8am and the restaurant was filling up quickly. We paid up and decided to walk around the Contemporary grounds before meeting Kim and the others at 9:30 in the MK. It was warm but misty and hazy. I am not very happy with the way the light coming through the clouds made my pictures come out with glare and and little blurry. And my flash is super bright too so that didn't help. Anyway, we walked around outside for a little while, then went back to the lobby where we sat at the tv by the food court and watched some cartoons! I mean some really great old school cartoons like the Disney Sing-A-Long songs I used to watch when I was 5!

At 9 we walked up to the Monorail station and were the first ones in line. I was hoping no one would be in the front, but there was already a family there and they weren't getting off. I considered tempting them with a delicious breakfast at Chef Mickey's on me, but somehow I didn't think that would do it. Oh well, maybe next time. I loved the Monorail ride, I had a view of the park as we approached the TTC, and got some great pics of the Poly and Grand Floridian. At all the stops the lines were way long and I started to get a pit in my stomache because this was an indication the park would be super crowded and might put a cramp on my day. But then I reminded myself that I was trying to focus on going with the flow and that Disney World wasn't going anywhere and I could see more the next time I go.

The next stop was ours- the Magic Kingdom! We waited for Kim and the others outside the gates after going through security. There were just mobs of people coming off the ferries, buses and monorail, but it actually went fairly quickly. At about 9:40 Kim, Rhonda and the kids arrived. Even with so many people in tow we made it through the CM entrance and before I knew it I was walking through the lower level of the Main Street Station!

Rhonda left to get a stroller and we figured out our game plan for the day. I turned around to look for Rhonda, but instead of seeing her I saw my professor, Dr. Pope, walking toward us! She was in Orlando for the conference, too, and had the same idea we did. She was with her family and brought her two kids. We invited her to ride Space Mountain with us but she declined. That would have been classic to be on a ride with our professor! So we said good-bye to them and headed to Tomorrowland for my first ever ride at Disney, Space Mountain!

The posted ride time was 20 minutes, but it was a lot like 5, a veritable walk on! Not bad for my first ride. As we briskly waled all through the que I noticed the theming right from the start and loved it. It was probably the best out of all the ques I was in all day. I had been "warned" by some seasoned Disney-goers that Space was a let down, but I would have to disagree. I loved it! Yeah it wasn't as thrilling as it could have been but taking the context of this ride into consideration I thought it was great. I loved the exit que, too. It was an awesome way to start my day at the MK.

My original post was longer, but it was too long for the rules here, so I will continue this in my next post! Thanks for reading!

faline
04-06-2007, 05:51 AM
What a great breakfast you had! With all the people there, it's funny you should run into your professor right away!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!

jilwil
04-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Pluto was a let down for us @ CM also. He actually took DS's autograph book and threw it on the floor.:confused: It didn't seem to be a joke! Anyway...On to read the next installment! So glad you are having such a magical first trip!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-06-2007, 08:00 AM
No pics today?:(
We ate at Chef Mickey's for the 1st time in Nov for Dh's 40th birthday. We had a great time too. Thanks for sharing. I've never been up that early in Disney:blush:

Bethis26fan
04-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great start to the day.

Jimenyfan
04-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Great start to your mornning. We just missed you by a day, we had our breakfast at Chef Mickeys on sunday.

BriarRose0708
04-06-2007, 09:44 AM
No pics today?:(
We ate at Chef Mickey's for the 1st time in Nov for Dh's 40th birthday. We had a great time too. Thanks for sharing. I've never been up that early in Disney:blush:

The link in my first post is to a webshots ablbum that actually has all the pictures from my entire trip. Glad you enjoy them!

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I hear Donald is easily offended, I won't worry about it. ;)

Great start to your day. Off to read more.

Karen :tikki:

sleepingbooty
04-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Fun, fun, fun! I love Space Mountain, too. It's thrilling enough for me!

January-2007
04-06-2007, 11:12 AM
A very early morning as a start to a very long day in the Magic Kingdom! Glad you had such a great time at Chef Mickey's. A ten minute cab ride from Pop Century to the Contemporary, you can't beat it! Can't wait to read more about your day!:mickey:

magicman
04-06-2007, 12:52 PM
I am a huge fan of making yourself get up early while at WDW:alarm: . It's not easy, but I think it is the best tip to give to anyone who wants to get the most out of WDW.

I forget about how great the queue is on Space Mountain. I always go in the off season so we breeze right through it. It is truly one of the best queues (next to EE & Tower of Terror).

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading your report:read: . :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
04-06-2007, 02:33 PM
You are a very entertaining writer! Your account of Chef Mickey's Breakfast was fun to read but I have a question... No Chipmunks???? :chipdale: I am horrified!!

Thanks for sharing your morning. I have to go find the next installment. :mickey:

BriarRose0708
04-06-2007, 03:07 PM
You are a very entertaining writer! Your account of Chef Mickey's Breakfast was fun to read but I have a question... No Chipmunks???? :chipdale: I am horrified!!

Thanks for sharing your morning. I have to go find the next installment. :mickey:

Oh don't worry Donna, I did get some chipmunk action (sounds dirtier than I meant it to) later that day! Glad you like my report!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 02:49 PM
I was surprised that Chip and Dale were not there too!
It sounds like a fantastic start to your day and it looks like you will be a Disney adict like the rest of us. :mickey:

pogo
04-09-2007, 08:32 PM
What a great start to your day, even after the short night.:thumbsup:

I can't wait to read the second half. :D

DizNee143
04-17-2007, 02:47 PM
what a great morning!! i love chef mickeys!! cant wait to read about the rest of your day...thats to funny you saw your prof...lol im sure you two werent the only ones with the idea of stopping off at disney either..lol :mickey:

conorsmom2000
04-18-2007, 01:33 PM
What a wonderful morning!! I felt like I was right there with you at Chef Mickey's!! On to read the next part! :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-21-2007, 10:22 PM
I can't believe how early you got up! Glad you enjoyed the breakfast that Mickey made for you! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to read more!

Bethanymouse
04-24-2007, 07:09 AM
you are off to a great start! Thanks so much for sharing!:mickey: