PDA

View Full Version : BCV - Rollaway

xipetotec
04-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Can we get a rollaway bed at the BCV if we have a 2-bedroom?

Are they low availability? Can we order them in advance at reservation time?

vizsla
04-06-2007, 07:04 AM
I am just curious as to why you would need to request a rollaway if you are going to have a 2-bdr. villa which accomodates 8 adults and 1 child under 3? The room is already furnished to sleep the maximum occupancy for the villa. If you have a valid reason why you needed a rollaway I don't think the DVC will refuse your request, but if they feel that the room may be over the maximum occupancy allowance then they may deny your request.

CarolMN
04-06-2007, 09:36 AM
None of the DVC resorts will provide a rollaway or a cot - doesn't matter if you are over or under the maximun for the unit or if you book for cash via CRO or for points via MS. If you need an extra bed or sleeping place, you are on your own. (AFAIK, the DVC resorts don't even have rollawys / cots).

Some members who want an extra bed (maybe they have children of the opposite gender who don't /can't sleep in the same bed for example) will bring an aerobed, sleeping bag or something similar.

ThanxForNoticin
04-06-2007, 12:38 PM
As posted above, DVC does not provide rollaways. We've already had the situation where we had less than 8 people for the 2BR, but had teen-aged boys who would not share a bed - we brought the Aerobed and they had plenty of room to spread out in the living room.

xipetotec
04-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Well I got the official response from Member Services anyway. They say the reason they don't provide a rollaway is that the room design does not accomodate one ( at the BCV ). Whatever, we did have neough points to rent an additonal studio, And we had a possible extra person coming in the end, so this is the better scenario. However I will keep the airbed idea in mind for the future! :number1: