PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Dinner at Narcoossee's

LittlePrincessesMommy
04-05-2007, 02:00 PM
My family of 6 have dinner reservations at Narcoossee's at 7:30 pm. (in July)

Never having been to Disney, I can't figure out the best way to get to and from that resort. (by the best - I mean most enjoyable)

We are staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort.

Can someone help me plan out how to travel from the SSR to the Grand Floridian for dinner, then to MK after dinner and finally, back home to the SSR.

We are renting a car for our visit - but I have heard about a boat ride from the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom. Is the boat ride worth my trouble - or should we just take the car?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I am trying to "fine tune" our trip to maximize the magical moments!
My husband calls it "overplanning". He just doesn't get it!!! :)

Thanks in advance!

Maleficent's Dad
04-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Can someone help me plan out how to travel from the SSR to the Grand Floridian for dinner, then to MK after dinner and finally, back home to the SSR.
A few options:

Go to DTD & take a direct bus to GF
Take SSR bus to MK - then either boat (preferable) or monorail to GF
In either case for return to MK, easiest way is to take the monorail; you can also take a boat
From MK to SSR - take the direct bus
I would recommend against driving as the MK's parking lot is FAR from the park - and not sure if the GF would permit you to park for that extra time after your meal!

mdricks
04-05-2007, 02:57 PM
i have done this and the advice above is on the money.

We went through DTD. Give yourself ample time to get to GF, we waited 20 minutes off season at DTD for the GF bus.

If you get there early, then go walk around GF for a while before dinner, it is a beautiful resort.

Bruegge
04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Give yourself ample time to get to GF,

If you get there early, then go walk around GF for a while before dinner, it is a beautiful resort.

The walk from the monarail or bus stop alone will take 5- 10 minutes if you don't know where your going... we got turned around first trip thru.

If early just standing out side on the walkway (you'll see what I mean) is pleasant and fun.

Scott

Natazu
04-05-2007, 09:32 PM
The quickest way is to drive your rental car, valet at GF and walk across the resort property to the restaurant. - total time 22 minutes

If you want to take Disney transportation and enjoy a leisurely boat ride (much more magical than a rental car), do this: Take the SSR bus to Magic Kingdom. Just past the entry to MK is the boat to the Grand Floridian. It docks right next to Narcoossee's. -- total time 42 minutes

Side notes:
- If you drive, go ahead and drive to GF, not MK because you'll have to park at TTC and ride to MK before you can take the boat to GF.
- The boat is the best way to GF from MK, the Monorail is the best way to MK from GF