TR: March 27 - April 1 - Day 3

Participants:
Trev
DG (Disney Grandma)
DS1 (Disney Son 1, the oldest, 7)
DS2 (Disney Son 2, a twin, 4)
DS3 (Disney Son 3, the other twin, 4)

Walt Disney World Day 3

DS1 and I woke up early and snuck over to the Magic Kingdom for EMH under the pretense that we were going to get breakfast for everyone. Well, that's what we were actually going to do, but once we got to Main Street we decided since the place was practically deserted we would go ride Pirates first. There was no line so we hopped on, but during the last part of the ride, where you ride through the burning town, the boats got backed up and we were stuck in there for about 10 to 15 minutes listening to Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirate's life for me. It was fun at first but then we were sort of hypnotized by the music and the flames. We finally started moving again and we were soon on our way back to Main Street Bakery for some breakfast. The CMs behind the counter were super nice. I got a Bear Claw, a chocolate croissant, a cheese danish and 2 HUGE cinnamon rolls, which were the last 2 on the plate so the CM kindly scraped all of the icing and cinnamon on the bottom of the plate onto our rolls! She grinned at us the whole time she was doing it. Well, DS1 and I stood in a short line to pay for our food when 2 CMs including the one who served us presented my son with a giant sized chocolate chip cookie, seriously this cookie was the size of my son's head. They said, "You look sleepy, here, maybe this will wake you up!" The cookie was wrapped in ribbons and bows and had a sticker of Mickey's head on it. He was so thrilled he just couldn't believe it! We skipped back to the monorail station and made our way back to the Polynesian where we found the whole family still asleep! We woke them up with awesome treats and the twins and DS1 celebrated their cookie victory! DS1 and I decided to head over to Typhoon Lagoon so he could hit the wave pool while DG liked the idea of having the twins on the beach at the Polynesian. DS1 and I took the bus to Typhoon Lagoon and had fun in the wave pool, took a walk around so DS1 could see the shark reef and the underwater viewing area and then we took a nice relaxing trip down the lazy river (I can't remember the exact name of the creek). We had some more fun in the wave pool and then took the bus back to the resort. We all met back at the room and got ready for Epcot. We walked to the TTC via the Polynesian walkways, what a beautiful resort. We took the monorial over to Epcot and rented a stroller for the twins and ate at the electric Umbrella for a late lunch. I really enjoyed the food here although I love theme park burgers and this one, a double bacon cheeseburger really hit the spot. We then walked over to Mission Space and there was no line for the Green version. DS3 was too short to go on but the other 2 were permitted to go. This ride, even the Green version, is so realistic it kinda freaked the boys out. In fact, DS1 screamed through the whole ride. He was willing to go on, I'm not the parent who takes his child kicking and screaming onto a ride, if the children don't want to ride I don't force the issue. Now that we are home, DS1 remembers it fondly but after the ride he gave me this look like, Dad, that was WAY too scary for me and how dare you take me on something like that! DS2 was casual about it though and just said, that was cool. Then we went on Ellen's Energy ride and everyone really liked that. We walked across and went on Nemo at the Seas, this was really nice and it was a complete walk on. We enjoyed watching the dolphins in the aquarium after the ride and got a chance to see Mickey scuba diving in one of the aquariums from upstairs. That was really great to see. We went on Living with the Land which was a nice rest for my feet and actually was pretty interesting too. Then we went on Honey I Shrunk the Audience, big disappointment. First of all, I don't enjoy standing on blistered feet for 20 minutes watching a commercial for Kodak. Not fun. Second, the quality of the 3D imagery in the movie was not very good. We did enjoy interacting with the fountains outside after the show though. We walked through one of the Innoventions buildings and the boys participated in a build your own robot exhibit. That was pretty cool, DS1 won 1st place for his design and they got to race them "virtually" by running on a pad which controlled the robot. We eventually caught a Friendship Boat over to World Showcase for our 7:30 PM ADRs at the Biergarten. We had to wait for about 15 minutes because we were actually a little late. When we were seated I was surprised to find out that our table was right in front of the stage on the second level, perfect! The show was just starting too! I loved the Oom pah pah sound of the band and so did everyone else. We all ate until we were full and DG even had a bier! :beer: I thought the food was just fine, but hey, we're from Wisconsin and we love bratwurst and beer! :beer: After dinner (we missed Illuminations) we walked to the monorial station and headed back to the Polynesian for some air hockey at the arcade and then off to bed, practically sleeping before our heads hit the pillows.

January-2007
04-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Another fun filled day! A waterpark, empty Magic Kingdom morning with a huge cookie to boot, and ending it with dinner at the Biergarten, what could be better? We always ate at the Biergarten growing up, it was a tradition. When I took DH there for the first time on our Honeymoon he loved it, so glad you all did too! You really are making the most of your trip, so glad you are able to pack so much in and still enjoy yourselves! Can't wait to hear more! Or is it read more.... :mickey:

faline
04-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Your days are so busy, I can get tired just reading your reports! You are having such a fun trip!

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
A little Disney magic, how cool is that! That was a busy day. The Poly is the best. :cloud9:
Karen :tikki:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

magicman
04-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Another PACKED day...impressive.

I think the build/race your own robot is one of the best secrets at EPCOT. I still have my robot in my office. You mentioning it brings back fond memories of me and "Zippy Speedster" (my robot's name) racing :hurdle: & winning our race:trophy: Then, of course, I needed to be hooked up to oxygen:medic: ...;)

I'm in agreement that HISTA needs to be re-vamped. Since PhilHarmagic is so good, it highlights the weakness of HISTA...but how about those dancing fountains.

Your reports are great, and I'm thoroughly enjoying reading them.:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 09:17 AM
sounds like another great day.

EdwardBear
04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
You guys are great! It's really nice to share my trip with people who love Walt Disney World as much as I do. :mickey: