PDA

View Full Version : Segway Epcot tour. Anybody done it?

mdricks
04-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I just signed up for the epcot segway tour and ive read really good things about it. Has anyone done this that can give me a heads up on what to expect? Thanks
M

:number1:

Ian
04-05-2007, 11:03 AM
We've done it twice and we loved it! It's the coolest experience!

It's been awhile, but basically the way it goes is you meet up with your group in your training room and they spend maybe an hour or so instructing you on how to use the Segway. This part was fun the first time around, but the second time it was annoying since we already knew how to ride them and would have preferred to be out and about in World Showcase.

After your training is done they take you on a full tour of World Showcase. You start in Mexico and go "around the world" on your Segways. They've governed, though, so they don't go as fast as an un-governed one will (I think they go like 4mph and a normal one can go 12mph).

You have to mostly ride in a line with your group, following the guides, although they do give you some free time about halfway through the tour to just ride around (in Italy).

Some of it's really neat, though, like they let you ride all around inside the Morocco pavilion ... they point out interest bits of architecture and trivia along the way.

We really loved it and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if we had someone along to watch the kids!

mimi78
04-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I second this! We did the tour back in 2004 shortly after it first started and we just booked another one for this summer.

My only wish is that they had an advanced one for people who have already done the first one...but I didn't hesitate to book it a second time. The experience is so unique you'll never forget it!

mdricks
04-05-2007, 11:54 AM
We are 2 40-somethings doing a no-family solo trip. This should be a great start to the day. Thanks for the info!!
M

BelleCiavo
04-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Here's a short video of my dh on a tour:
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c364/karenciavo/?action=view&current=SegweyTour.flv

Disney Maniac
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I have a quick question, what day and time does this tour usually take place???? Thanks!!

BelleCiavo
04-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I have a quick question, what day and time does this tour usually take place???? Thanks!!

The last time we did the tour was 2005 and it was every day, one tour at 8:30 and one tour at 9:30. I believe they added extra times to that due to its popularity. We did the 9:30 tour because then you get to be in WS when it's open, well part of the time. They have discounts for this tour, I think it's 15% for AAA members.

Kristi Kay
04-05-2007, 06:28 PM
i haven't done it yet, but i really think it would be cooL!

mdricks
04-06-2007, 10:15 AM
The video is a hoot! Thanks, now im really looking forward to it.

Ive got a 9:30 ressie. 2 hours $80. 1st hour is training 2nd hour is a tour of WS.

WHEEEEEEEEE!:bolt:

AdventurerKim
04-07-2007, 09:36 AM
The Segway Tour is worth every penny and every minute! We did the two hour tour in Nov. 2006 and loved it! We're doing it again on our next trip! Going in WS when no one is there and just riding around on the Segway was awesome! :thumbsup:

caryrae
04-07-2007, 09:55 AM
I would love to try it but I am 20 lbs over the 250 lbs weight limit.:( I wish those Segways could hold more weight.

tomorrowschild
04-07-2007, 12:29 PM
We did it and had a blast!:mickey:

DizneyRox
04-07-2007, 01:52 PM
It is probably the best tour going right now. It does depend a little on the guide, but it's great getting out there and playing on those Segways. I would suggest the earlier tour as there are less people in WS, so you have a little more freedom. The second tour tends to be a little more limited as they will get a little more strict so you don't go crashing into walking guests.

grego77
04-08-2007, 10:09 AM
What is the cost for the 2-hr tour each? I will also be going with my sister who is hearing impared. Will that have an effect on us doing it?:confused:

allie_to_you
04-09-2007, 08:40 AM
The cost for the 2 hour tour is $80 per person.

It looks like a blast and I will be trying it for the first time on our upcoming trip in November!

joelkfla
04-10-2007, 01:07 AM
The cost for the 2 hour tour is $80 per person.
... but there is a $12 discount for AP holders and Disney Visa cardmembers. AAA members and DVC members might also get the discount.

If you don't fall into any of those groups, and your credit's good, it might be worthwhile to get the Disney Visa just for this.

May524
04-10-2007, 01:48 AM
We did this on our honeymoon in January...and one word...AMAZING! We LOVED it!!! We have a great picture of us on our Segways, it's our favorite picture from the honeymoon. We enjoyed the experience so much, we booked it for our vacation this summer! My father will be joining us!!! He is in his 60s...think he will have a problem? My DH and I are both in our early 20's and he said he didn't know if he could keep up with us, but I think he can! :D

darko aggie
04-10-2007, 06:59 AM
How old do you have to be, to do the tour. My son will be 14 the next time we go to WDW. He would love it!!!

caryrae
04-10-2007, 09:59 AM
How old do you have to be, to do the tour. My son will be 14 the next time we go to WDW. He would love it!!!

Duration: 2 hours
Cost: $85 per person (includes tax)*

Additional Information
Tours run 4 times daily, 7:45 am, 8:30 am, 9:00 am, and 9:30 am.

Guests must be at least 16 years old and weigh 250 lbs or less. The signature of a parent or legal guardian is required for participants under 18 years of age. Riders should be in good health and able to stand for the duration of the tour.

Chernabog1326
04-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I would love to try it but I am 20 lbs over the 250 lbs weight limit.:( I wish those Segways could hold more weight.

So was I. Believe it or not I used the tour as my motivation to lose 25 pounds before my trip. All my friends laughed at me when I told them, But sure enough, I did it. And if I can do it anybody can. Trust me. Go for it!!!:thumbsup:

caryrae
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
So was I. Believe it or not I used the tour as my motivation to lose 25 pounds before my trip. All my friends laughed at me when I told them, But sure enough, I did it. And if I can do it anybody can. Trust me. Go for it!!!:thumbsup:

Congrats on the weight lose. That's was a good idea.