PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Parks on a Scale of 1-10

SpecJoe Magic
04-05-2007, 02:48 AM
I think it will be fun to see exactly how much each of us likes each of the parks. So, rank each park on a scale of 1-10 and explain why you ranked it that way.

Magic Kingdom- 9

It's the ultimate WDW park. It's the home of the world famous Cinderella Castle and numerous classic Disney attractions. Plus, it has a great selection of counter-service restaurants. Only a few flaws keep it from being a 10. The old 20K Leagues area has amazing potential, but it still isn't being utilized effectively and has sat empty for far too long. Also, Tomorrowland received two underwhelming recent additions that are either lame (Stitch) or out of place (Monsters, Inc.). Despite the few problems, it is still a fantastic park that is full of magic.

Epcot- 7

Epcot's uniqueness is what makes it appealing to me. The impressive Spaceship Earth structure, despite the unnecessary wand next to it, is an inviting sight at the center of a Future World that contains thrills, edutainment, and fun family attractions. World Showcase features a vast array of cultural experiences and fantastic dining variety. However, the park isn't without its flaws. Some of the areas of the massive park are lacking. The old Odyssey restaurant is taking up a large amount of real estate, yet it offers nothing to guests. The beautiful entrance area that used to exist has been replaced by ugly Leave a Legacy stones. The park has lost 3 excellent attractions (Horizons, World of Motion, Imagination) over the years. Fortunately, two of the three have been replaced with quality attractions (Mission: Space, Test Track), but the Imagination pavilion continues to be disappointing with a ride that is only a shadow of its former self and a 3D show that is outdated. The Universe of Energy is outdated as well, and Wonders of Life is in a closed state most of the time. Thankfully, new additions to the park have helped to offset the negatives. Soarin' and the two Finding Nemo attractions have helped breathe new life into old pavilions. Plus, World Showcase is still solid for the most part.

Disney/MGM Studios- 6

This park went from being my favorite in the mid 90s to now being my least favorite. It has become a mess of themes and contains very outdated attractions in a bizarre park layout that is both confusing and creates crowd bottlenecks. However, a few attractions make it worth a visit. Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster are two of the most thrilling attractions at WDW, the Great Movie Ride still has charm despite its need for a little updating, and both stunt shows are a nice change of pace from other Disney shows. Unfortunately, these bright spots are the exception rather than the rule. One of the most successful movie franchises of all time, Star Wars, still hasn’t received its long overdue update, Beauty and the Beast and Voyage of the Little Mermaid have become stale, and the Backstage Studio Tour is both lacking and pointless since the park is not a real working studio anymore. Perhaps the biggest offender of all is the current icon for the park, the giant Sorcerer’s Apprentice hat. It just doesn’t fit with what the park is supposed to be about, and it blocks the view of the Chinese Theatre down Hollywood Boulevard. Plus, the park has too many shows, which makes it difficult to plan a day at the park because of all of the show times that have to be scheduled around. I’m glad that the next new attraction at the park, Toy Story Mania, is going to be a ride, and I hope that it’s a quality attraction. As for the restaurants, there are plenty of great table service choices, but more counter-service options are badly needed.

Animal Kingdom- 8

This park disappointed me when I first visited it in 1998, but it has since become my 2nd favorite park due to some nice additions and my adjusted attitude on how to approach the park. It’s quite different from all the others, and that is a big part of the appeal for me. The scenery and theming are stunning and the details are beautiful. The park contains some of WDW’s bests including Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Festival of the Lion King, and Dinosaur. The newly added Finding Nemo- the Musical is a real treat as well. Speaking of bests, Tusker House and Flame Tree Barbecue are easily among the top 5 counter-service restaurants at WDW. It’s true that the park is lacking in table service offerings, but maybe the new restaurant in Asia will help alleviate that problem to some degree. Of course, this park has flaws just like the others. The Dino-Rama area looks very out of place and tends to take away from the feel of the park. Camp Minnie-Mickey has the awesome Festival of the Lion King show, but the land dead ends on the north side leaving only one path on the south side for traffic, and that can create more walking and a bottleneck. The Wildlife Express itself is dull and the destination at Rafiki’s Planet Watch is just as uninspired. Kali River Rapids could have been great, but it’s extremely short with very little excitement. Thankfully, Animal Kingdom is headed in the right direction. The last two additions, Everest and the Nemo musical, are both excellent, and there is a new restaurant on the way for Asia. With a little more attention, Animal Kingdom has the potential of being on the same level of fun as the Magic Kingdom because it has so much room to expand.

RAIDER
04-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Epcot 10 ..its so diverse and something of everyone and more for grown ups in my view and has the best restaurants and is home of that frozen margarita in mexico :cloud9: :marg:

MK 9 .... Amazing atmosphere and fun to people watch and is the home of that disney feeling

AK 7 ... Has come on leaps and bounds in the past year

MGM.. 6 Needs something new this park is becoming a tad stale in my eyes compared to other theme parks in Florida

Spaceship Tigger
04-05-2007, 08:17 AM
MK: 9 - Obviously the best for rides and that Disney magic in general. I'm not a huge fan of the TS choices and that fact keeps us out of the MK most nights.

Epcot: 10 - Great recent improvements with new rides (Soarin', M:S, TT, The Seas). World Showcase is still my favorite place in WDW and SE is my favorite ride. CS and TS options are both wonderful. I'm still unhappy about the WoL closure but that fact hasn't convinced me to give the park less than a 10.

Disney Studios: 7 - Gotta love ToT and RnRC, but nothing else there is really huge. There's a few other good attractions like the Muppets and the Great Movie Ride, but nothing we can't skip on a given trip. Star Tours needs an update and the Backlot and Animation Studios are pointless. I like the CS options but the TS places are just okay to me. Fantasmic likely adds a point to my rating.

AK: 6 - The addition of EE adds a point to my review of this one. Still not a full day park to me, especially without good TS options. I'd be happy going there for EE, the Safari, maybe Dinosaur and one of the shows then heading out.

darthmacho
04-05-2007, 08:43 AM
This is not easy, but I'll try...

MK: 10
MK IS WDW.

Epcot: 8
Future World is good, but World Showcase is even better.

MGM: 7
Until RnR and Fantasmic came along, probably just a 6.

AK: 9
The live animals, and Dinosaur, make this a near perfect park experience in my view. Just need more rides and more animals.

mttafire
04-05-2007, 09:22 AM
10- M.K. Simply the best. Classic with GREAT attractions!:mickey:
9-EPCOT A fantastic park thats has something for EVERYONE!! Lots of memories there.:)
7- Animal Kingdom With the addition of E.E. it gets a bigger number!! I am beginning to really like this park!
6- Disney studios for us a half day park. We do the main attractions and head out. It reminds me ALOT of California Adventure....A nice place but isnt nearly as magical as the rest.

c&d
04-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Here goes:

MK: 10. I think it's what brings everyone to WDW the first time. I still get a smile on my face when I walk onto Main Street for the first time during a trip down. I still love all the rides I rode when I first went in 1973. I wish some were still there. It's still magical.

Epcot: 9. I didn't like it at first, but over the past couple of years I'm really enjoying going around the world each time we visit.

MGM: 7. To me there's just something missing. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the way it's you go around the park. It just doesn't have the Wow of the other parks for me. I love Fantasmic, RnRC and ToT.

AK: 10. I've always loved this park. I love looking at the animals, the different paths you can walk and the Lion King show. With the addition of EE it's perfect.

DizneyRox
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
MK - 2
Epcot - 8
MGM - 3
AK - 9

Nobody gets a 10 as that would indicate that there is no room for improvement or enhancements.

I really have no need for MK. The 2 is for Wishes and HM. i don't care for the layout or the lines. It's just not a fun place to be most of the time.

MGM has gone down at the same pace that AK has gone up. Seems there only so many times you can see the same show, even classics like GMR are boring these days. It also seems they have been removing more than they are adding.

AK has always had my attention. Maybe it's the animals, but I think it's the attitude over there. The CMs really take pride in the park and it shows. The additions of late have been top notch.

Epcot never gets old. The older I get the more I get it I think. The massive amounts of additions of late have just made it better, although I'm still a little sore about Horizons.

Wolf
04-05-2007, 10:23 AM
MK - 10 It just makes me happy to look at my picture of us in front of the castle. It is sooo disney to me.

Epcot-9 It's an extremely close second to me! I love WS and Future world is neat too.

AK-8- Whoot! I love me some critters! And we must love it alot cause we always end up spending 2 days there :blush: I really like KS and mom <3's that Yeti that scarres me to death! But it was my first rollercoaster so I gota respect the Yeti lol.

MGM-5-Eh, I wish I liked MGM more, I <3 the GMR but other than that everything else is just...blah, I mean ToT is alright and a must do each trip as with Star Wars. But I just get bored there fast, its usually like a half day thing for us.

SandmanGStefani24
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
MK-10. The mere sight of MK is enough to get me misty-eyed. There is something for everyone, and I find it hard to find something negative to say about it, other than the fact that it's so crowded sometimes. Still it's just about perfect. From the small time dark rides that we love, to the big thrill rides that get the blood rushing it's all here. I can almost taste the killer hot dogs from Casey's as I think about it. Even the little things like the MK train, to the TTA have that magic that I think about when I'm bored at work.

EPCOT-10. This is actually my favorite park, dispite what I just typed. I love dark rides, and I love learning about people, places and things. I also love to travel, so everything is excellent here. It's not often you can meet people from several different countries in one day. The shops are great, and the rides are even better. My fave all the way.

AK-8 I loved AK. The scenery was great, and the safaris were exactly what I hoped they would be. I may never step foot on the African continent, but I still felt like I was right there on safari. The layout is great, and dispite what most people said, I loved the DinoLand area with the midway. The only reason the park didn't get a 9 or 10 was because it is not a full day park, and is still growing.

MGM-5. Wow. That 5 sure looks low doesn't it? I hate to rate it so low, but it is really lacking in some areas these days. We loved the food there (scifi and 50's) and the ambience is great, but the rides/attractions are in need of updates. There didn't seem like there was much to do outside of a few attractions and there was no "flow" to the parks. We kind of felt like we were wandering around and not going anywhere. Plus the area around RnR and TOT was EXTREMELY congested, and could use more walkways and space to move. Great place, and it's still WDW but it needs some work.

All in all though, WDW is my favorite place to be! :rocker: :drummer: :pipes:

magicman
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
My ranking is based on "how excited am I to get to that park while I'm on vacation at the world".

MK - 10: I can't wait to get there & enjoy EVERYTHING about it.

EPCOT - 9: I love Soarin', Test Track, Mission: Space, & the food.

MGM - 8: I love Tower of Tower, Rock n Roll, Beauty & the Beast and Fantasmic. However, it needs another good ride and another good TS food option.

Animal Kingdom - 7: I love EE, enjoy Kili Safaris & Festival of the Lion King, & I like the parade. However, it doesn't have a night show, I don't care for the food options, and it is very hot.

Belle619
04-05-2007, 11:09 AM
MK - 10 - great park with fantastic theming and plenty of food choices. Very magical!:wave:

EPCOT - 9 - WS is great, but a little more attention is needed in FW. LOVE the food and beverage choices!:wine:

Disney/MGM - 5 - theming is confusing and the park lacks rides and food choices.:bored:

AK -8 - definite potential to be a top park. Themeing is great. :elephant: A few more rides and attractions and this could be a close second!

Ian
04-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Magic Kingdom - 10 - I don't think I need to explain this one. The original is still the best!

Epcot - 8 - It's not what it once was, but I still love it. I could wander around WS for hours and just take in the sights and sounds. The addition of Soarin' has helped spice up FW, too.

Disney Studios - 5 - This park is fading fast in terms of its appeal. Yeah, it has ToT and RRC, but beyond that there's not that much. Lately, DS has turned into 1/2 day park for us. Hopefully, the addition of Midway Mania will help that a little bit.

Animal Kingdom - 3 - Flame me all you want, but I have never connected with Animal Kingdom. There's nothing to do, it's hot, too spread out, there's no good place to eat and get out of the blistering heat, and it has Dino-Rama (which is reason enough not to like it). Yes, the addition of Everest has elevated it from a "skip it" park (I hadn't visited AK in years before Everest open and I have an annual pass), to a "must visit once a trip park", but it still needs A LOT of help to get it anywhere near the other three parks.

Figgyluv03
04-05-2007, 12:12 PM
MK - 10!!!! Duh! It's MK, need I say more!!!

Epcot - 9 - Love the rides and all, but Wonders of Life is like never open, and I'm mad that Horizon's is not longer there. I'm sure I might change my mind the next time I go when I get to check out all the new stuff they added since I've been there.

MGM - 8 - Three reasons I have it rated so high: ToT, RnRc, MV3D!!! Other than that, it really needs to be updated!

AK - 3 - Now before everyone jumps on my back about this, let me just say that I have only been there once, towards the end of the day to see Tarzan Rocks so I haven't really gotten to explore the park, and I know they have added a lot of stuff since I was last there in 2001.

King Triton
04-05-2007, 12:41 PM
This is kind of hard, but I'll try:

Magic Kingdom - 7 - Gets a lot of points because its the centerpiece of WDW. My kids still like this park best. HM, Splash and POTC are examples of what makes the MK so good. On the down side, I still think Stitch was forced on us, Indy Speedway takes up far too much real estate for a so-so attraction and Space Mountain should be rehabbed like its California counterpart. I agree that there's nothing quite walking down Main St. and seeing the castle...of course, navigating thru Fantasyland on the other side of the castle can be difficult.

Epcot - 8 - Soarin' and Test Track are huge relatively recent improvements to this park, and the green/orange split at Mission:Space is a great idea. This is my favorite park...I can spend days here. There's plenty of room for improvement though: Innoventions has some good features, but very inconsistent; a decision on Wonders of Life should be made -- either make it right and leave it open or close it for good and come up with something else (I'm for closing it myself); of course, the original JIY was the best, the current incarnation isn't the worst, but good enough for now; Odyssey is no longer open to the public, which isn't a problem, but its in such a prime position in Epcot, something public should be done there -- maybe build a new Odyssey facility over near where the old Millenium tent was - a little more out of public view. The World Showcase is what makes Epcot unique. There I'd like to see: a new Canada movie, a new country over in the frontier area and bring back Tapestry of Nations!

MGM - 5 - This is a half day park for me and visiting in the AM is a bad idea because the shows tend to start in the late AM. Disney seems to be heavily into Star Wars these days -- I'd like to see something bigger than Star Tours; if they're building a new Toy Story attraction, I'd like to see a MUCH better Pizza Planet CS restaurant -- the one there is very disappointing; overall, CS eateries are disappointing compared with the other parks; also hate to see Millionaire gone. This park just seems more disjointed than the rest...not nearly as well thought out.

AK - 7 - Rapidly improving. Even if you don't ride it, E:E is a beautiful attraction (and if you don't ride, at least go thru the queue). Its getting to be an enjoyable walk thru the park too, although it tends to be hotter than the rest for some reason. Festival of the LIon King may be the best stage show on property, but next door, Pocohontas is disappointing. Dinorama is a little too amusement-park like and doesn't fit in well with the rest of the park. One or two more well done D or E ticket attractions could put this park near the top.

mjaclyn
04-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Magic Kingdom: :thumbsup: 10 - This park has always been and will always be my favorite!

EPCOT: :thumbsup: 9 - LOVE Epcot! The World Showcase is incredible.

MGM: 4 - This park has come to be known as the ToT and RnRC Park. It really has nothing to offer beyond that - Star Tours makes me ill :ill: , Sounds Dangerous is appalling, Indiana Jones is good but I've seen it a hundred times - they butchered the backlot tour and GMR needs to update their movies. I LOVE Sci-FI tho!

Animal Kingdom: 7.5 - I really do like Animal Kingdom alot. I didn't give it a higher score because I still think it needs more attractions - and please, oh please get rid of those midway games! GO EVEREST! :number1:

Belle_0717
04-05-2007, 01:26 PM
MK - 10. :cloud9: This is WD vision for his daughters to have a place to go with their dad and family for that matter to enjoy their time together. I often think of the days when I went with my parents and sister. Now traveling with my DH, I can see us bringing our family here.

EPCOT - 7. It is high on the list - due to TT and Soarin'. I enjoy WS especially the Patisserie.

DS - 8. Fave ride - RnRC. DH can't wait to meet Mater!

AK - 8.5. E:E is awesome. Want to ride 10 times next trip. Only 31 days to go.

battle beast
04-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I think this is a pointless post, because people ALWAYS pick thier favorites, But I will do it because I want more posts!:thumbsup:

Magik Kingdom - no one EVER puts it lower than 2nd.

Epcot - Gotta Love the space ride.

DIS Sutdio - Love Muppet Vision 3-D, RnRC and Tot. Not much else

--------

Animal Kigdom - Never went on the safari, and only did EE and Dino, sao I can't fairly judge this park.

lightyearfan
04-05-2007, 02:45 PM
ok here it goes :

Magic Kingdom (9)- pure beauty and the most magical of all WDW parks, going down Main Street and looking at the castle is priceless, this park is nothing but pure Disney

MGM (8)- i can't stand that this park gets beaten up like a junk yard dog!! When Disney had this park in mind they wanted to make you feel a sense of Hollywood, well mission accomplished! The park has alot to offer in there many shows and great rides, even if it's a half a day park to some, so what it still a fine park to be in no matter how much time is spent there! And as a plus they have great TS resturants to boot, and 1 of if not the best nightime show in Fantasmic!!

Epcot (8)- where else can you get 2 great worlds like Future World and World Showcase, rides and attractions a plentiful, and the best place for TS Resturants bar none.

Animal Kingdom(7)- beautiful and much to do in this park, from the shows to the best 3D experince in all of WDW in A Bugs Life, a great way to spend your day then when the park closes ride over to Epcot and enjoy a nice TS meal and finish off with Illumuinations

VIctor

thejens
04-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I really agree with the first poster on everything.
10 MK because it makes me feel like a child, happy excited and believing in magic
9 AK because it is lush and beautiful (except the wierd midway area - make it go away please) and I like all the rides and shows
8 because it is also so beautiful (except the trade show quality of innovations, I just know this are could be better)
6 MGM if this is what hollywood is like I don't want to go there - confusing and frustrating layout, most rides and show need to be improved or eliminated, but TOT is the scariest ride I've ever done, Brown Derby is yummy and Fantasmic is cool. My kids love the Sci Fi, but I wish they would work on the food there!

LudwigVonDrake
04-05-2007, 09:43 PM
MK - 10 (the ULTIMATE Disney park)
Epcot - 8 (a few years ago it would have only been a 5...it's grown on me as I've gotten older)
MGM - 7 (needs more rides. Toy Story Mania will help)
AK - 6 (I haven't ridden Everest yet...still needs a little more to push it up over the top)

Crow
04-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Epcot 9-its my fav park. the countries the technology
MK 8-its the original. but i dont spend as much time there
MGM-8 Movie themes which i love
AK-7 its the park i spend least time in

jedigrrrl
04-05-2007, 11:10 PM
AK- 9 I have the most fun here, so it's become my new favorite. I didn't give it a 10 because it could use a few more rides as fun as E:E and Dinosaur. I love just walking around and looking at the animals. I also like Dino-Rama... I guess I "get it".

EPCOT- 8.5 As I get older, I have more fun here. I loooove Soarin' and Test Track, but the place also needs more rides as great as those. I really enjoy walking around World Showcase having a few drinks and eating yummy food.

MK- 6 Eh, it's usually too crowded and there aren't many rides worth the wait. I enjoy it more when there are less stollers and ECVs in my way. On empty days, I give it an 8.

MGM- 3 Tower of Terror & RnRc- 10+
This was my favorite park for many many years and I hope they take care of it soon. It makes me sad. And please remove that eyesore of a hat. There is NO WHERE to eat in this park, either.(I've eaten at most of the places) It's like a non-park.

Typhoon Lagoon- 8 I thought I'd add this because I LOVE it so much. I could spend the whole day here. i usually do.

Christine
04-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Animal Kingdom 3 - Flame me all you want, but I have never connected with Animal Kingdom.

[QUOTE=Figgyluv03;1246669]AK - 3 - Now before everyone jumps on my back about this, let me just say that I have only been there once, towards the end of the day to see Tarzan Rocks so I haven't really gotten to explore the park, and I know they have added a lot of stuff since I was last there in 2001.

Sorry guys, I must flame you about this...I think a 3 is just way too high! ;)

Magic Kingdom- 10
Epcot- 7
MGM- 5
Animal Kingdom- 1

Ian
04-06-2007, 06:28 AM
:funny: :laughing: :rotfl:

darthmacho
04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Animal Kingdom - 3 - Flame me all you want, but I have never connected with Animal Kingdom. There's nothing to do, it's hot, too spread out, there's no good place to eat and get out of the blistering heat, and it has Dino-Rama (which is reason enough not to like it). Yes, the addition of Everest has elevated it from a "skip it" park (I hadn't visited AK in years before Everest open and I have an annual pass), to a "must visit once a trip park", but it still needs A LOT of help to get it anywhere near the other three parks.

I wouldn't flame one of my favorite Intercotees, especially one that I generally agree with, but I was wondering why we disagree so much on AK. I know there aren't a lot of rides, and perhaps a bare minimum of dining choices, but aren't the animal attractions alone worth at least a 5? The animal exhibits are far superior to any offered in our native New England, or perhaps you aren't a big fan of zoos? I take my kids to the zoo all of the time, so I suppose I'm a bit obsessed with it. :judge:

Anyway...:mickey:

Ian
04-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I'm okay with zoos but it's just not what I want out of a Disney theme park.

A zoo is a zoo ... if I want a zoo I'll go to a zoo.

From Disney, I expect more especially in terms of the amount of rides there are in AK. I just can't get excited about spending $3,000 to stand and look at dead spiders or watch birds fly around.

Stickey
04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
1) Magic Kingdom- 9.5

MK is classic Disney. Cinderella Castle, Pirates, Splash, HM, Philharmagic, Pooh, BTMRR, SM, COP, TTA, and many other worthwhile attractions.

2) Animal Kingdom- 9.0

An excellent park with superior theming. The animals alone make the AK special. Continuing new births of elephants, rhinos, and now a giraffe, contribute to the success of the animal conservation program. The Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, and Festival of the Lion King are some of WDW's best attractions. Add Bugs Life, Khali, Primeval Whirl, the Nemo show and the walking trails and you have a 1-2+ day park.

3) Epcot- 8.0

The average of WS- 10 and FW -6. Epcot is easily the #1 TS location at WDW, plus :beer:
SE is a classic, Soarin is great, and TT, MS, Figment, Universe of Energy are worthwhile, but FW is still somewhat weak.

4) Disney-MGM Studios- 7.50

TOT, RNRC, and Fantasmic are top notch. GMR, Star Tours, Muppets, Indy, Beauty & The Beast, Lights Motors Action are all solid. A few new attractions are needed to bring MGM up to the next level.

Jeff G
04-06-2007, 12:08 PM
MK - 10 THe ulltimate theme park that all others strive to be. Good mix for all ages. Brings out the kid in all of us.

Epcot - 8.5 One of my favorites. Could improve on entertainment for the younger ones and could do a little more with the World Showcase.

MGM - 7.5 I love MGM but for us regulars it's getting a little stale. Maybe bring in the Indiana Joens ride from California?

AK - 7 As this park grows it should get better. I would give it slightly lower marks but the Safari ride is top notch and something Walt would be proud of. EE is a good addition and brings it up a lot from two years ago.

These ratings are based on what I expect from WDW. If I were giving out scores with other theme parks in mind these would be much higher. In my humble opinion AK is still better than any non-Disney park I've visited inlcuding SIx Flags, Universal and Sea World.

dumbo ears
04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
mk-10- it is the greatest theme park in the world. nothing compares to this park. it has lots of rides that range from thrill to just leisurely. i love it
epcot- 7- i wasn't hat impressed with epcot. though i didn't spend a lot of time looking at all the counrties. i like futureworld but i still would like to look at all the countries slower next time i go. test track and soarin are awesome.
mgm-8- i like mgm but it doens't have a lot of great stuff. tower of terror and aerosmith rollercoaster are awesome. really thats all ive seen there because when we went we didn't have a lot of time there.
AK-8- it has lots of great things. EE and KS are two of the best things at WDW. but it is too spread out for me. there aren't any great restaurants there either.

Nascfan
04-06-2007, 02:31 PM
What fun, and no one should be flamed for giving their honest ratings and opinions, just what this thread is for.

MK - 9.5 - The original WDW park. It has everything fantasy, just what I look for in WDW. Leave the real world at I-4 and just enjoy. Main Street and seeing Cinderella Castle give me goosebumps, every time. The rides are some of the best at WDW. Nothing is perfect, however, hence not the 10.

Epcot - 9.0 - As our daughter gets older, we find ourselves spending more time here. I look forward to exploring more of the countries in WS and taking in more shows and eating at more restaurants on our future trips. Soarin', Test Track, and Mission Space very much embody the spirit of FW, and Spaceship Earth is one of the most awesome rides anywhere.

Studios - 7.5 - Is there a better way to jumpstart the day than a ride in the front seat of the first car of RnRC? I don't think so. LMA is a nice addition, but the Backlot Tour is a shell of its former self. There is definitely room for improvement here, especially Sounds Dangerous. Fantasmic is the best nighttime show in WDW, in my opinion.

AK - 8.5 - I'm basing the higher than Studios rating on anticipation of riding EE next time. I can only figure this will make this park all the better. A different type of park than the other 3 perhaps. More of a slow down, take your time and soak in the atmosphere, theming, and animals. Love the Safari best here for rides (probably will be replaced with EE as favorite). Lion King show is just amazing.

Bill George
04-06-2007, 06:49 PM
This is a tough one. Ok, here it goes from a single perspective without children.

MK - 7 - It's a great park. I love hte memories it brings back from when I was a kid and first visited in 1971 (I've seen the pictures my mother has). I don't like that I can't get a cold one :beer: . With all of those screaming children I think you need it, and maybe parents will have less stress. It is a must for every trip though.

EPCOT- 9 - I love this place! I like furture world and enjoy all of the attractions there. I don't care that they changed some of the pavillions there, infact I encourage it. I am even looking forward to the changes of the future whatever they may be. World Showcase is my favorite place! I enjoy seeing the different cultures and sampling the various food and drinks. I could spend days there.

MGM - 2 - I am so bored there. We now have this park down to a few hour visit. Nothing to do except RRC and TT. Eberything else is worn out. The backlot tour is a huge waste of time.

AK - 10 - This place is so beautiful. I love the animals and I love the attractions. I do think camp minnie micky needs some help. I am sure as time progresses it will become one of the best parks ever.

Water Parks - 5 - I like them both, but not a big water park fan.

Pleasure Island - 8 - I love the clubs, but a bit slow most of our visits.

Overall WDW - 25. I love WDW more than any ohter place on earth! Just my opinion.

EdwardBear
04-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Magic Kingdom - 10 It will always be my first park to visit - classic Disney!

Epcot - 8 I love Epcot, they were still building Epcot during my first visit to WDW and I got a chance to see it under construction from afar. I have always been fascinated with Walt's original intention for Epcot (which can be seen in model form on the Tomorrowland Transportation ride) I love WS.

Animal Kingdom - 7 AK really impressed me this time around with Dinosaur and Everest, still not thrilled with it though.

MGM - 6 This park has so much potential but it just doesn't rock my world. I don't hate it, in fact I love it, but compared with thye others it only gets a 6.

MinnieMommie
04-06-2007, 09:29 PM
MK = 10: Is this classic Disney or what?
Epoct = 10: So much to do and see and great dining! Reminds me of the Worl'd Fair of my childhood.
AK = 9: AK is a magnificent accomplishment. Very beautiful and amazing how they natualized the enviornment. EE is awsome!
MGM = 7: Many enjoyable things to experience but not a priority visit. Fantasmic is not to miss attraction as are some of the rides. Never a full day visit for us. :mickey:

Mickey's Pal
04-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Magic Kingdom- 10
ALL of the rides are good and most are little-kid friendly so the entire family can enjoy (LOVE that!) I can't think of anything I'd like to change here, so it's a 10.

Epcot- 7
Future World needs a FACE LIFT badly. I wanted 30 minutes of my life back after watching Ellen and the dinosaurs... I can't stand to see empty/unused buildings (like the GIANT empty space in FW next to Mexico), and some of the attractions (like Ellen) need to have new life breathed into them! With that said, Epcot has the AWESOME Nemo attraction, Test Track and a few other really GREAT things so it gets a 7. It does need a face lift though.

MGM- 8
I'd give it more if it were bigger and had more attractions. It also needs a really GOOD character meal (like Toy Story, Incredibles, etc.) Overall, I love this park- mostly for RnR, ToT, and the Lights Motor Action show. LOTS of room for improvement here.

Animal Kingdom- 7
Three things I don't care for: Needs more rides, the layout has too many dead ends and "one way in/one way out" paths and for that reason is DIFFICULT to navigate, and the park is only accessible by bus. I like the rides and shows, so I give it an 7, but it's my least favorite park I think.

GINNY69
04-07-2007, 09:28 PM
MK - 9 , This is a great park and loads of fun. Its also a very special place for children and for there dreams to come true.. and the faces on the children priceless...

Epcot 8 , I love sourin , test track, the land pavilions.. Very beautiful landscape

Mgm - 7 .. fun park , needs a new attraction

Ak - 9 - I love the animals, Expedition Everest my favorite ride.. Very beautiful park..

future_imagineer
04-08-2007, 09:11 AM
MK - 8 - A classic park, but tends to feel waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too crowded.

Epcot - 10 - A beautiful, diverse, and fun park with some of the best food in WDW that will keep us busy for two to three days. I'd gladly just spend a day walking around, enjoying the wonderful atmosphere in Future World and World Showcase without doing any rides. I especially love the instrumental music they play in the FW courtyards. Oh yeah, and it has three of the best WDW rides ever: Mission: SPACE, Test Track, and Soarin', as well as Spaceship Earth, a classic.

Studios - 8 - Three great thrill rides (ToT, RNRC, and Star Tours), as well as a bunch of great shows (like Beauty and the Beast and formerly Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It!), and some more tame rides that are fun (Great Movie Ride and Backlot Tour). However, it is quite cramped, and some rides could use an update.

AK - 5 - Nice atmosphere, but really only has two good rides (E:E and Dinosaur). When it opened, this was not a very good park at all, but it has improved. Oh, and that off the shelf Dinoland thing is a complete joke. I thank God that Michael Eisner left every time that I see that mess.

breezysmom
04-08-2007, 09:46 AM
OK Guys here it is......

MK a BIG 10!!!!! I melt when I see the castle!!!

EPCOT I'll give it a 8 a few years ago it would have been a few points less but now the kids are getting older and we enjoy the WS more.

AK a strong 10 I still haven't been on EE but that should only make it better.

MGM this is another story....It doesn't scream Disney to me like the others I am going to have to give it a 5....I hate to admit it but we usually opt for the other studios....(if you know what I mean):secret:

MrPeetrie
04-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Thinking about this, I found it hard to rate each park. The moment I wanted to rate one park lower than another, I felt bad for that park because there are things I love in each park.

Therefore, using my DD3 as my criteria, I've now rated them as how much enjoyment I have when we attend WDW as a family. (In the past, it was just my wife and I.)

MK - 10. This is the exact park I would create if I wanted a place to take my daughter on a Saturday afternoon. (Ooops, that is EXACTLY why Walt created Disneyland.) It is clean; it is beautiful; as a family, we can ride almost every ride and in her eyes, each ride is wonderful. Imagine you are a 3-year-old and being able to ride such wonderful attractions as Tiki Rooms, POTC, HM, Peter Pan, Philharmagic, and SOOO MANY MORE. I love when we take her there. And now, we have a much more relaxed attitude when we go. We no longer try to "plan out the day" in order to "maximize our time" to ride as many "E-ticket" rides as possible. We simply absorb and enjoy the entire park. I love being a parent!!!

Animal Kingdom - 9. Originally, this was a one-day park for us on any vacation. But now, because this is one of my daughter's favorite parks, it's one we really look forward to and visit at least twice each trip. First off, as a contractor, I am really impressed with the theming. (Look at the walkways. I am still amazed how they made the concrete look like well-worn, dirt paths, complete with protruding roots. On my dad's first (and only) trip there, we both could not get over the effort it had to take to create these paths.) Everywhere you look you are submerged in the theme. Simply Beautiful! And there are great attractions there to share as a family. Except for Dinosaur, Primevel Whirl, and E:E, we can ride EVERY other attraction together and have a great time doing it. The effort it must have taken to create Kilimanjaro Safari had to be enormous.

Epcot 8. This is a tough one to rate because although there's still plenty of attractions we can ride as a family, there's plenty we can't (Soarin', M:S, EEA, Body Wars, Test Track, etc.). When it was just DW and I, we always visited this park the most. The World Showcase in the evening is hard to top anywhere. And it's still one of my favorite places at night. But now, as a family, my daughter doesn't get that much out of WS. So, when scheduling trips, I don't mete out much time here. :sad:

Disney-MGM 8. This park would receive an 8 if it only had TOT and nothing else. That is my all-time favorite ride. And despite being more of a thill-park geared toward a younger audience, there's still plenty we can do as a family. We can see Playhouse Disney, Indiana Jones show, Little Mermaid, LMA, and of course Fantasmic. Also, there are great food options here. The Little Einsteins character breakfast is something we're looking forward to this upcoming trip. And we LOVE Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre.

Overall, I guess I'm saying if you're planning a family trip, you want to be able to spend time with your family. And that's how I rated the parks. Not to mention, I'd take any one of these parks over what we have back home.

Just one man's opinion.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DNS
04-08-2007, 12:01 PM
MK - 9 This being the original park at WDW as well as the fantasy and whimsy of this park make it a favorite for me. Not only do we ride/attend almost every ride and attraction in this park every time we go, but this is the park that pulls out the kid in me the most. I even find myself grinning ear to ear from a glance of a character.

AK - 8 This is clearly my second favorite park. We have been there many times since it's 1998 opening, but I am still in awe over the beauty and inspiration of this park. It should be explored at a much slower pace than the other parks as it's not just about rides and attractions. The authenticity of the feeling of Africa and Asia is amazing to me. I walk around trying to capture the feeling and images for as long as possible. I give this park and 8 only because I do think as a theme park it could use another dark ride or two. And the carnival thing in Dinoland is so totally distracting and tacky looking, it ruins my mood just looking at it.

EP - 7 This has always been a very enjoyable park for us, but over the years some things have slid a bit backward. The Living Seas was once our favorite attraction, but in recent years it's become somewhat depressing. We have not been there since the new Nemo ride, but from what I read, it's more of a kids ride now instead of showcasing the beauty and mystery of the sea. I'm also very saddened by the closing of the Wonders of Life pavilion. And I do think it's long past time for a new World Showcase country or two.

MGM - 3 This has never been a favorite park for us, but now I feel like when I really think about MGM I think about 2 great rides and Fantasmic. If not for park hopper tickets, we would not go to this park at all and even with hopper tickets, we do not spend more than 1/2 day out of an entire trip. Everyone to their own opinion, but when I'm trying to give a overview of all the parks to anyone who hasn't been there yet, I find myself telling them not to expect much from MGM. I think other parks in the Orlando area have so much more to offer.

Sammyjo
04-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Epcot 9 I love going around the world
Magic Kingdom 9 It is magical!
MGM 7 I love ToT, RnRC, and Star Tours, but it is missing something. And that big hat is dumb I miss the view down the street.
AK 6 I'm not a huge fan but I haven't been able to do a whole lot in it. I love EE and Dinosaur.

GrmGrninGost
04-15-2007, 12:32 AM
MK-10
This is what WDW was meant to be. A place of magic where families can be together and do things together.

Epcot-9
Close to a 10, but not quite. Not the same magical atmosphere as MK, but still very enjoyable.

MGM-9
I love this park! The atmosphere is closer to MK than the others, plus it has some really cool rides. I think the Great Movie Ride is awesome! It's also a great place to meet unique Disney characters! Food is really good too!

AK-8
Not a typical Disney park, but very cool in its own way. Has some really fun rides, and I like the music. And, even though it's Nahtazu, the animals are awesome!

Marker
04-15-2007, 12:11 PM
No, I don't think I will. I enjoy WDW too much to look for bad. I know this doesn't specifically call for "looking for bad" but in order to rank, you have to.

I enjoy WDW, I enjoy many aspects of all the parks. And yes, there are some aspects of each park that I enjoy more than others, but just because I don't like something doesn't mean it's bad, and that someone else might not think it's the best thing ever.

if I rate it based on my own wants and desires, it could reflect badly based on something others love.

As they say, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", likewise, I really don't want to examine something I love that closely. I don't want to look for faults. I don't want to look for the dark side. I don't want to view my beloved WDW with a critical eye. I just see know need, or benefit in it.

But that's just me.

dopeydude
04-15-2007, 01:10 PM
The Magic Kingdom--- 8 this is where it all started. I love all of the different lands. It has so many different rides and the best restaurant in all of disney, The liberty tree tavern.

MGM---7 I hated the lights camera action stunt spectacular. but I love TT and Mickey's Rockin coaster. and There Are also some great shows. There is not one good place to eat.

Epcot---8.5 I love Illuminations. I think that soarin, test track, and mission space have really brought it up. illuminations is the best fireworks in all of disney.

AK---9.5 It loses .5 because there is no where to eat except for rainforest but it is way out of the way of the park. i love KS & EE and the most underrated ride on all the property Kali river rapids.

ghost999
04-15-2007, 02:23 PM
now this is just me but i think all of them deserve at least a 9.5. i mean come on, it is Disney