PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Storage?

Deesdisney
04-04-2007, 02:18 PM
I have been doing some research on camping at WDW. I found out that I could stay 2 wks instead of one at a hotel. Does anyone know of a place that we could store a trailer and they would deliver it for us plus pick it up? I thought this would be great to buy a trailer and keep it in Florida.

vicster
04-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Where do you live and would you only use a trailer for two weeks out of the year?

Ed
04-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Not very practical, frankly. RV storage space is quite scarce, and therefore rather expen$ive. And with Central Florida's weather conditions, a trailer in long-term storage tends to deteriorate pretty rapidly. And then, there is that little matter of hurricanes....

Have you considered renting? There are a few companies in the area that rent small motorhomes and trailers, and I'm pretty sure they will deliver it and pick it up when you're done with it. Considerably less expensive than buying/insuring/storing a rig that you would use very seldom.

Deesdisney
04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
You have a good point. I would only use it 2 weeks in Dec. So I guess that would not be worth it after storage and keep up. I thought about renting but I am a little scared to do that. The ones that I can count on are a little too much. Maybe I will just have to use a tent. Thanks for all your help. It is nice to find out what other people think.

casey@bat
04-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I was going to suggest a tent. We went in December and there was a couple that stayed in a tent beside us. The weather was okay for tent camping, a little cold.

It would save a lot of money.

Auntie
04-25-2007, 12:41 AM
There are companies in the Orlando area that will bring a trailer to your site in FW. Set it up..and take it away for you when you leave. Of course I'm not sure it's less money than you might spend on a hotel..you could check their rates, and see how that compares to what you want to spend.