PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 3/10 - 3/17 trip report - Day 7 and final thoughts

Ginger205b
04-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Day seven was really our final day at WDW since our Magical Express p/u was scheduled for 6:40 a.m. the next morning. On day seven we decided to sleep in a little. We ate breakfast in the food court at POFQ which was tasty. That was the first time we had eaten there the whole trip. After breakfast we took pictures around the resort and then caught a boat ride over to Downtown Disney. We decided to do some souvenier shopping and DD (age 9) had a princess makeover scheduled at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at 1:30 p.m. While DD and I were at the BBB, DS and DH went over to Disney Quest and checked things out. May I suggest to people who have daughters in the age 5 - 10 year range that the BBB experience was fabulous. DD had the best time and looked absolutely adorable after her makeover (even though she chose the multiple colored hair extensions w/pink, blue, green, and orange hair - I know, I know - it about her not what mom wants). After her makeover DH and DS met us at Earl of Sandwich for lunch. I'll have to say that this was the best counter service restaurant we ate at on the property. After lunch and a little more shopping, we headed back to the resort to start packing our bags. We packed what we could then started getting ready for our dinner resi at Spoodles on the boardwalk. We took the bus to MGM then caught the boat over to the boardwalk. Dinner was wonderful........the best table service meal we had the whole trip and the service was great too. After dinner we walked over to Epcot to catch the bus back to POFQ. A great end to a wonderful first visit to WDW...... Some final thougths as to the Dining plan..... for us, (cast ...me, DH, DS17, DD9), the dining plan was a great deal. DH and DS and DD are all good eaters. Had we eaten like we did on the plan and not have had it, it would have cost us more like $200.00 per day to eat. Instead, with the plan it averaged out to about $127.00 per day. The only drawback was DD had to order off the children's menus and she is a little more advanced in her choices than mac n' cheese, chicken nuggets and the like. But there was always too much food for me so I shared with her most of the time so it worked out. As for Magical Express.........worked like a dream coming and going and we were able to get get our boarding passes at our resort. Also we ordered some groceries from the gardengrocer.com ( one of the sponsors of Intercot) and we had no complaints there either. We had them delivered to the resort even though we were already gone to MK and they were waiting for us when we returned in the evening. The cold items were separated and had been kept chilled for us. The Disney transportation was great. The only glitch was getting to Downtown Disney on day seven. Had to wait for second boat because of crowds. Most of the time we never waited more than 10 minutes for any bus and usually it was less than 5 minutes. Overall.....a magical vacation!!!

faline
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
It's always nice to hear when folks have had a wonderful Dinsey vacation!

pogo
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Thank you for sharing your families vacation with us.:thumbsup: I read every word as we plan our trip to POFQ, just two weeks from tomorrow. Your impressions of POFQ just adds to our excitment:cloud9:

I'm glad your first trip was special, but your next trip will be over the top !;)

Thanks again. :D

Goofeygal
04-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Great trip report.:mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm sure you'll forever treasure the memories of your first Disney trip. Thanks for sharing it with us!:mickey:

magicman
04-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Wow, you did have a magical vacation.

Great trip report.

Also, thanks for the tip for my girls on the Bibbidi Bobbidi Beautique AND the great tip on using the gardengrocer.com to get groceries delivered to the resort.

Thanks for spreading the magic.

ChipnDaleGal
04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
I am so glad that your first trip was such a success. Sounds like the whole family rally had agood time together discovering the joys of WDW. Thank you for sharing it with us. Your reports were a lot of fun to read. :mickey:

Christine
04-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Ginger, I am so glad you all had a wonderful trip!
I really think you can't go wrong with POFQ!!

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 05:20 PM
sounds like a great trip.