PDA

View Full Version : Base Tickets or PH Tickets?

Dyanna
04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
We are wondering which are purchased more, the base ticket or PH ticket? How many times have you bought PH tickets & never used them to hop from one park to the other?

Goofy Pluto
04-04-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't know this for a fact, but I would tend to believe that more people purchase the PH option just to have the freedom to do that, if you want. I know we are discussing what we want to do with our tickets, but are leaning more now towards not getting the PH to save some money. I think we can plan it just to do one park a day.

Dyanna
04-04-2007, 11:06 AM
We have always in the past gotten PH tickets but have never used them to 'Hop'. We figure why waste time switching to another park when you have not even finished seeing the park you are in that day.

robhink
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
I've always purchased Park Hopper tickets and used them as such. It makes more sense during the offseason when some of the parks close early, like the Animal Kingdom at 5pm. Most of the time we would go to one park during the morning and end up at Epcot at night because of all the restaurants there.

Dopey's Girl
04-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I have had both, and wouldn't ever go back to the non hoppers again. I love the freedom to start the day in one place and end in another! Plus for my family, AK and MGM are only half day parks, so it's nice to be able to see both parks, but not have to try to force the fun once we have seen everything we wanted!

BronxTigger
04-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I cannot imagine going without a Park Hopper. I never have gone without one. I like the freedom of being able to go from one park to another for many reasons, including the evening fireworks, hitting EMH (morning or evening) then leaving to another less crowded park, dining reservations, a change of scenery, etc.

As for wasting the time to travel between parks, sometimes it is a nice break in the middle of the day to slow down and move to another park.

Additionally, if you find that you have not gotten to see everything at a park, on the last day or so of your trip, you can hop around to the different parks to catch what you missed earlier.

I suppose a trip to WDW can be accomplished with only a base ticket, but I am willing to pay the extra for a park hopper, and I definitely get my money's worth out of it.

BelleCiavo
04-04-2007, 11:59 AM
We always hop. I would not be happy without that option.

Kaciopeia
04-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I believe we have gotten the hoppers every time we go since they have offered them. My family loves hopping from park to park. :figment: We go to one park in the morning, usually go back to hotel for an hour break and then head to another park in the evening (usually Epcot, as it's our FAVORITE!). With the EMH's I usually ended up hitting a 3rd park sometimes to take advantage of the benefit.
Not to mention our favorite way to send out last day there. We usually will go to MK and pirate 3 or 4 rides one last time :hmghost: , hop on the monorail and head over to Epcot to take in SE 3 times in a row and anything else one last time, hop a bus to go to AK and hit Expedition Everest, hop on another bus to MGM to go on RnR again :thumbsup: , and still be back in time to take our bus to the airport.
I do believe I would get quite bored :ack: with only one park to go to a day. With the hopper I can do whatever I please. :thedolls:

Cheers! :beer: :marg: :wine:

Goes4FastPass
04-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Someone else said they consider AK and MGM to be half day parks and I agree.

There are days, especially off season, when AK closes at 5pm at there's evening EMH that extends MK or EPCOT to midnight or after.

We considered no-hop for our upcoming trip but when I looked at the Ak and MGM days I wanted the flexibility.

Hop also gives us the flexibility to spend most of teh day elsewhere and hop to Le Cellier.

King Triton
04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
A long time ago I posted that I think its ridiculous of Disney to even have non-hopper multi-day passes, but thats an issue for another discussion...

I always get hopper passes. On a week or so trip, I may actually hop only one or two days, but its nice to have that freedom.

Nascfan
04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
We always buy the Hopper and always use it to our benefit. :mickey:

Lehman Family
04-04-2007, 01:25 PM
We've always gotten the park hopper tickets and we've always used them most of the days for our stay. Every now and again there was a day where we were just at one park, but very few. It always saves us money to get the park hoppers since we're usually at 2 or more parks on most days we're there.

MOJoe
04-04-2007, 01:39 PM
According to the UG to WDW the vast majority of people go to 1 park each day. That seems to be the most logical, straight-forward way to attack Disney, especially considering the travel time involved. So why park hop? Flexability. Getting to see that show you missed yesterday, riding your 2 favorite rides in different parks one last time, eating at that restaurant in Epcot without spending the whole day there, oh yea, EMH's, just to name a few. I used to only go 1 park 1 day, but once I began to park hop, I'll never go back to the old way.

Disney Doll
04-04-2007, 02:42 PM
In the past we always had park hopper tickets, but never once hopped. I like being able to just buy the base ticket and save some money.

caryrae
04-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I like to save money too and just get tickets without hopping. We have been to WDW 11 times now and never felt the need to hop.

DNS
04-04-2007, 05:17 PM
We are about to make trip number eleven and we always get the hopper passes and always use them. Of the estimated 70 to 80 days we have been there, there have maybe only been 3 or 4 days we haven't hopped.

pogo
04-04-2007, 05:38 PM
We have had Park Hoppers and used them and we've also not had them and not missed them.:confused: Does that make sense to you ?

This year we decided to go with the base ticket and save the money. Our pre-trip report is posted on the "Trip Report" forum and if you read it you'll understand why we don't need them. :thumbsup:

We don't care if we do it all this trip or not. It gives us an excuse to return again in a year or two. :D