PDA

View Full Version : Water parks in July

Trixie1822
04-04-2007, 10:15 AM
hello
I will be in World during July. I am thinking about going in parks morning and evening and make a break during the afternoon in the resort hotel or water parks. BUT are the water parks VERY crowded ??? If a let the park to avoid crowd is not have MORE crowd in WPs :thedolls:

BelleBeauty
04-04-2007, 10:43 AM
When it is hot, like in July, the water parks will be crowded. It depends on what you want to do at the water parks as to how you should schedule your day.

If you need to claim some lounge chairs for your group, to lay out, store stuff, and plan on making that home base while various members take turns going on rides - you need to plan on getting to the park at or shortly after opening in the morning to claim your spot.

If you just want to go on the rides, and are more interested in being in the water, then your plan will work. You can store stuff in a locker and be just fine.

I do think that a park in the morning, a water park in the afternoon, and a park in the evening may be a bit much - though this is your own decision. Water parks can take just as much out of you as a full day at the park. I would suggest going to the water park in the morning/afternoon, changing at the hotel, then dinner and the evening at a park.

GrumpyFan
04-04-2007, 01:57 PM
During the peak summer months (June, July, August), both water parks reach capacity usually 11am, sometimes before. When this happens, they will not allow more guests in until about 2-3pm. So, plan accordingly.

We've been during this time of year and always got there early in the morning, right after they opened and left around 1:30 or 2. I would imagine that after 3, it would they would start emptying out of all the people who got there in the early morning.

MOJoe
04-04-2007, 03:00 PM
A good plan might be to head for the water parks right after the "daily" July thunderstorm, usually in the early afternoon. After it rains, people will be leaving the water parks in droves.

dolphinmickey9170
04-04-2007, 09:20 PM
We went to the WP's last July. We had the luck of rain every afternoon, thunder and lightning. The crowds disappeared and the place was virtually empty. The hardest attraction to get onto is the lazy river. It seems like everyone had the same idea. The line for slides was pretty minimal. Most everyone was either on the lazy river or in the pools. Hope everyone has a great time.

30 days!!

mttafire
04-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Hot weather=crowded water parks.:mickey: Thats why we love T.L. Even when crowded you can still easily do the wave pool. Lately though we only goto Disney in May or Sept. That way the temp. is fairly hot and very mild crowds.

Trixie1822
04-16-2007, 09:18 AM
thank you for info and advises :thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
04-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I would go to the waterpark FIRST...espeicially if they offer the resort extra magic hours and you want to go to Blizzard Beach...with more slides that sport large lines

Typhoon...as stated above....has more open areas that can allow the crowd effect to be dulled a little.

You theory about going to parks early and late while supplementing your time with resort pools/ waterparks in the hotter midday hours is great....
So great...that pretty much everyone else follows the same pattern.

You are much better off...from a crowd avoiding standpoint (based on my experience...which is quite considerable) in using the pools/ waterparks early and late and just toughing it out in the hotter times at the park in the afternoon/early evening...where many have retreated to food locations and have subsequently packed them anyway.

The theory that Florida is unbearably hotter than any other location in the continental US in July is completely false as well.....
Having lived in Western PA, Central PA, Coastal NJ, and Central Florida...I can tell you that the heat seems to be actually more tolerable in Florida than the other locations....
Humidity seems less severe...and the lack of more drastic temperature variations in your average 24 hour period also allows your body to cope a little better.

the one manner of "heat" you get in florida that is worse than most US places is the radiant heat and lack of cloud cover to block the sun....
It beats on you....but that can be combated with plenty of SPF and alot of water.....you can enjoy all times of the day is you strickly adhere to that advice.

Sorry....just realize that the original poster was located in der Sweiss....
Hallo....Bon giorno....Bun di....or Bon jour....

All the same advice still applies...though american mid-summer heat will be tough...to say the least....
Just make sure you pick up alot of sunscreen with an SPF factor of at least 45 and apply it early and often...especially in pools and waterparks....
Lobsterbacking at WDW is reserved only for the Brits...and they excel at it :P

Trixie1822
04-18-2007, 10:17 AM
In Geneva we speak French so it is BONJOUR !

As a swiss people i am afraid about the hot weather...and well try to find a solution to be able to go in Parks in morning and evening with the extra magic hours... without to need vacation after my vacation :D .
and Lobsterbacking :sick:

thanks