PDA

View Full Version : Beer Around the World

TinyTink
04-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Is there any way to find out what brands of beer they offer at each WS pavilion at Epcot?

Crow
04-04-2007, 10:48 AM
I wish!:beer:
i think mainly others here that know. many of them do know most of them.
Ill b tasting in 55 days:marg: :beer:

Figment!
04-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Selection can vary, but you can typically find the following brands at each pavilion's kiosks and/or quick service locations:

Canada
Labatt Blue
Molson
Moosehead

United Kingdom
Bass Ale
Boddingtons English Pub Ale
Guinness Stout
Harp Lager
Stella Artois
Strongbow Cider
Tennents

France
Biere Francaise
Kronenburg

Morocco
Casablanca

Japan
Kirin

American Adventure
Budwiser
Sam Adams

Italy
Peroni

Germany
Beck's
Franziskaner
Lowenbrau
Spaten

China
TsingTao
Macau

Norway
Carlsberg

Mexico
Dos Equis

You can find a wider selection at most pavilion's table service locations, but partaking at such locations is less practical for any "around the world" epicurean excursion.

mdricks
04-04-2007, 11:20 AM
I have never done the drink around the world thing but this year im going to do it. :beer:

44 days and countiung!

BrerSchultzy
04-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Just remember to keep the bottle caps from each pavilion. It is a lot more practical than keeping all the bottles (and easier than peeling off the labels)...and besides, if you start in Canada, by the time you get to Germany, you probably won't trust yourself with glass stuff in your bags. Just sayin'.

Oh, and I think a couple of places (USA and maybe NOrway) have pony bottles, in case you want to take it easy in a couple of spots.

HAVE FUN...and be safe!

Bruegge
04-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Selection can vary, but you can typically find the following brands at each pavilion's kiosks and/or quick service locations:

Canada
Labatt Blue
Molson
Mousehead

United Kingdom
Bass Ale
Boddingtons English Pub Ale
Guinness Stout
Harp Lager
Stella Artois
Strongbow Cider
Tennents

France
Biere Francaise
Kronenburg

Morocco
Casablanca

Japan
Kirin

American Adventure
Budwiser
Sam Adams

Italy
Peroni

Germany
Beck's
Franziskaner
Lowenbrau
Spaten

China
TsingTao

Norway
Carlsberg

Mexico
Dos Equis

You can find a wider selection at most pavilion's table service locations, but partaking at such locations is less practical for any "around the world" epicurean excursion.

I'm off topic .... but Fig... you should be a Disney Tour Guide.. Great Job... again

Scott

Spaceship Tigger
04-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Canada
Mousehead

Sounds like good stuff! :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I've seen groups trying to drink their way around the world.

I'm such a lightweight, I'd fall in the lake somewhere about Germany....

Hey, Bruegge - sounds like somone with a name like that would know a thing or 2 about beer. Is that Bruegge like Brügge? What a beautiful city...

Tynkerbelle
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
My DBF & I are "drinking around the world" veterans (I wish they gave out t-shirts for that)!!

The beer choices around the world are good, but equally as enjoyable:
Sake in Japan
Limoncello in Italy (Banfi Rosa Regal is a close second)
Jager or Apfelkorn in Germany
Plum Wine in China
And of course the Fiesta Margarita in Mexico :tasty: :marg:

TinyTink
04-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the list Figment! I'm gonna attempt the around the world thing, but i definitely don't want to be stumbling around Epcot! Drunk in Disney just doesn't seem right! :rotfl: haha I'm probably gonna have to do snacks around the world too, to even it out! :beer:

DisneyTeen
04-04-2007, 02:54 PM
We have drank around the world a few times now and I can't wait to go back and do it again (27 days) But I agree..
haha I'm probably gonna have to do snacks around the world too, to even it out! :beer:
I do also snack around the world, I have sat on a bench for alittle bit before picking back up my quest, but falling over drunk isn't anything i want to do within the park in the middle of a hot day.

Duchess99
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I've always wanted to do this, but it can get VERY expensive, which has deterred me every time. I usually get a glass of wine in France and margaritas in Mexico. The last time I was there I saw a couple of groups of guys totally smashed walking around...I don't think that's really appropriate. But if you can hold your own...have fun!

TheAdventurer
04-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Figment, you forgot Spaten Optimator in Germany, one of my favorites in all of WS.

Unless they took it out since I was there last at Christams. They didn't, did they? Oh, please, I hope not, I'm still hurting over their replacing Rignes with Carlsberg...

Also, Le Cellier will sell you take out. They have some great microbrews from Quebec that go perfect with a to-go cup of Canadian cheese soup. Although I wouldn't ask them to do this if it looks like they're really busy, I think it's at the discretion of the manager--but I've never had a problem when I've done it during slower days around 3 in the afternoon.

TheAdventurer
04-04-2007, 04:12 PM
I've always wanted to do this, but it can get VERY expensive, which has deterred me every time. I usually get a glass of wine in France and margaritas in Mexico. The last time I was there I saw a couple of groups of guys totally smashed walking around...I don't think that's really appropriate. But if you can hold your own...have fun!

Oh, yeah, it's very pricy; drinks + snacks can easily run to $100 or more dollars. But I always just make sure I have $100 set aside before my trip for drink around the world day.

If you have reasonably good tolerance, take your time (don't start at 5 and try to rush your way around before Illuminations!) and keep your stomach filled with little snacks to soak up the beer, it's not as daunting as it seems.

Figment!
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Figment, you forgot Spaten Optimator in Germany, one of my favorites in all of WS.It's served at one of the carts, right?

Still think it's there, I just listed what's at Sommerfest.

I've added it to the my original list. :)

Keep'em coming if I've missed something else :thumbsup:

MattJenRocky
04-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I have always wanted to try that drink around the world thing! Are you alowed to just carry your drink around with you? Do they have anything other than beer? And do they have any smaller serving sizes for those who want to do this?:marg: :beer:
My DH loves beer and is excited about this. I can't stand the stuff:sick: !!!

Bruegge
04-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I've seen groups trying to drink their way around the world.

I'm such a lightweight, I'd fall in the lake somewhere about Germany....

Hey, Bruegge - sounds like somone with a name like that would know a thing or 2 about beer. Is that Bruegge like Brügge? What a beautiful city...

Brueggemeyer is the full name ...Yep "beer" is "in my name and in my blood" LOL

Product of USA but great grandpa came from the "old Country"

AS for Tink with the lemon stuff, sake, Jager(aaahhhhh I can feel my stomach turn allready)

I have one motto:

Beer and Wine ... Mighty fine

Booze and Whiskey... Mighty risky

It's a little embarrassing... When I drink a lot of hard liquor I usually wind up staggering around telling everyone near me "how much I love them" not a pretty sight

And did I mention my DW has NO sense of humor LOL

Scott

caryrae
04-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Anyone try the beer:beer: around the world and then go on Mission Space?:ack:

Maleficent's Dad
04-04-2007, 08:18 PM
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Selection can vary, but you can typically find the following brands at each pavilion's kiosks and/or quick service locations:

Figment! YOU ROCK!!!
:joy: :yay: :woohoo: :muscles: :clappy:

Best list I've seen here in a long while!!! :beer: :thumbsup:

TheAdventurer
04-05-2007, 12:07 AM
It's served at one of the carts, right?

They serve it at the little beer & pretzel stand by the fountain. *whew* you had me worried there for a bit :D

I have always wanted to try that drink around the world thing! Are you alowed to just carry your drink around with you? Do they have anything other than beer? And do they have any smaller serving sizes for those who want to do this?
My DH loves beer and is excited about this. I can't stand the stuff !!!

Almost every pavilion has wine from that country. I'm more of a beer drinker so I can't give specifics, but it seemed to me that there was a lot of wine available, if not at every pavilion then at least at most pavilions. You could easily do Wine Around the World while your DH did Beer Around the World.
And yes, you can just carry your drinks with you, browsing the shops and enjoying the ambiance.

And finally...

Anyone try the beer around the world and then go on Mission Space?

No...but I made the mistake of doing Mission Space the morning after once...I would not advise this...

Crow
04-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Figment, you forgot Spaten Optimator in Germany, one of my favorites in all of WS.

Unless they took it out since I was there last at Christams. They didn't, did they? Oh, please, I hope not, I'm still hurting over their replacing Rignes with Carlsberg....

i still am :mad: over the removal of Ringnes too. wish i could get it.

Pop Centurion
04-05-2007, 06:15 PM
I attempted this 2 years ago. At the time I had bought a half yard of Bass from UK to go with my Fish & Chips. My GF & Niece had to catch the boat back to MGM because they had a fastpass for RnRC. I decided to stay at Epcot and walk around then meet them at MGM. I walked towards FW as I finished my beer and thought "hey, I should sample a drink from every country" So I made my detour towards Mexico and had a Fiesta Margarita. Can't remember the beer I had in Norway or China but I do remember having Becks from Germany since that's a fave at home. Had the Rosa Regal w/ Chocolate in Italy which was excellent. I was now pretty lit but far from being sloppy or staggering. Then my cell phone rang. My GF and Niece were just about to get on the ride so they told me to start heading for the boat. Good thing because I tried to rush the whole process and would have ended up sick. Will eventually do it when I can take my time.

Tynkerbelle
04-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Good thing because I tried to rush the whole process and would have ended up sick. Will eventually do it when I can take my time.

You definitely do have to pace yourself, no doubt about it! We also get plenty of training in the off-season (did anyone see Beerfest?)! :beer: ;)

We start early, like as soon as WS opens (hey, it's vacation!) and slowly make our way around stopping in each country for snacks, as well as refreshments! To name a few:
Fish & chips and a couple of pints (UK), shots & a giant pretzel (Germany), eggrolls & plum wine (China), etc. DBF always has to have a lamb wrap with his Casablanca (Morocco) and was very upset when it disappeared from the menu for a while....

Before you know it, it's time for Illuminations and a Fiesta :marg: ! :tasty:

Sir Notlob
04-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I did the drinking around the world thing many years ago. I started in Mexico at 11:30am and finished up in Canada at 3pm. I was pretty well juiced at that point.

I recall shaking Jafar's hand and telling him to keep fighting the good fight.

I heard a father tell his son in England that this is where James Bond lives. And the son replied with, I thought he lived in England.

I agree with other posters that have suggested that it's somehow improper to be hammered in WDW. When I go in Sept. My DS4 will be in tow and I imagine that would be most improper indeed. Maybe I'll just drink in the countries I don't remember from last time.

MattJenRocky
04-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Someone said you can get pony bottles of beer...I've never heard of this. What is that?

Goes4FastPass
04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
I think Pony Bottle implies small bottle like 'pony keg'. Think Coronita or Shoenling Little Kings.

Wait a minute, my fridge is calling me...