PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone worn the Cleo Crocs into the parks?

cleblanc
04-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I bought a pair of Cleo Crocs. I have never worn Crocs before. I was wondering if the Cleos are as comfortable as people say the originals are. Are they comfortable all day ion the parks?

cleblanc
04-04-2007, 01:58 PM
bump

deltaxi108
04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
I was there a few weeks ago with my sister and her husband....and they both wore them the whole day walking around...needless to say the next day they were putting band aids all over their feet!!

Stick to your sneakers!!

dbmarie
04-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I was there a few weeks ago with my sister and her husband....and they both wore them the whole day walking around...needless to say the next day they were putting band aids all over their feet!!
Aren't the cleo's only for women? I'm also wondering if they are as comfortable as the originals.

poeticeclipse
04-04-2007, 05:44 PM

Stick to your sneakers!!

I think you might be thinking of the basic crocs. I can't imagine a man fitting his foot into a Cleo! Imagine what that would look like!!:haha:

slt21
04-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Haven't worn the Cleos, and haven't worn any Crocs to the parks, but I bought a pair of the Athens sandals last week and I have been wearing them constantly. Took a two mile walk in them twice, went to the mall, and chased the dogs and my feet felt great.

I love them; in my opinion, if you're going in the summer, sneakers aren't a bad option, but they're not ideal because having shoes and socks on makes your feet sticky and hot. Sandals let more heat escape from your body, too, so if you have a really comfy pair that you've broken in WELL (be it the Crocs or something else), then I'd go for them.

However, if you've had good experiences with wearing sneakers, then by all means wear sneakers. It's all about what works best for you.

cleblanc
04-05-2007, 09:49 AM
bump

deltaxi108
04-05-2007, 11:22 AM
I just know they were crocs...I don't know if they are cleo ones or not...what is technically a cleo croc??

I think they were the disney crocs actually...they had the mouse ears cut into them and they bought them at disney the time before and said they were broken in well... but I don't know I just put some baby powder on my feet before I put my socks on with my sneakers and that always works well.

mjaclyn
04-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I just bought a pair of Disney Crocs to wear on our next trip and I'm thinking of sending them back for the Athens instead.

battle beast
04-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Crocs are ugly and uncomfortable. Ugh.

Willowwind
04-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Crocs actualy has some really cute designs on their website. There's a lot more than just the classic clog looking crocs in awful colors.

Jasper
04-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I think crocs are very comfortable but very ugly. I have gone to their website but didn't think those were very good looking either.

Is Cleo a brand name?

poeticeclipse
04-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Is Cleo a brand name?

Cleo is one of the new styles they have out. Along with a katrillion others.

dbmarie
04-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Did you see the new patra's they look like they maybe more comfortable then the cleo's?

cleblanc
04-11-2007, 10:48 AM
bump

Wolf
04-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I just bought some of the Athens ones and hardly take them off. They are totally awesome, I like the original style for winter but only because I have to wear sox with them or else they hurt! I'm gona grab some mikey ones on our Jan trip. Havent seen the Cleo's tho

cleblanc
04-11-2007, 12:22 PM
bump

sneezyone
04-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I wore my sneakers the first day and my plantar fasciitis was horrible. The 2nd day I wore my disney crocs with socks and had no problems...infact all I've worn for the last month was crocs...and my foot's finally healing....

I'm a croc's girl, all the way, however....if you are breaking them in or it's really warm, you should wear socks to wick away the moisture.

Wolf
04-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I dont think you have to bump your posts here like you do on 4chan. They stay around for quite awhile.

MomofKatie
04-11-2007, 01:59 PM
I have the Cleo's, but haven't worn them at WDW yet. I did wear them walking around the mall for a whole day a few weeks ago- they were great! No rubbing or blisters. Very lightweight- felt like I wasn't wearing anything at all!

I like the looks of the Patra, too, but noticed that they have a fabric on top of the Croclite foam on the straps. I had to stratche the straps of the Cleo's just a bit, so I don't think the Patras would be comfy for me.

disneyfunatics
04-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I my humble opinion, Crocs are the most ridiculous looking things I have EVER seen in my ENTIRE life. I realize it's over the top, but when I see anyone wearing them, I just don't want any contact at all with that person. Somehow they seem unclean to me. Just stick to some sensible sneakers, and, please God, socks!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CM~Mserrano
04-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Although I have to agree that the Crocs are absolutely hideous. When I worked at M:S I saw people wearing them all the time and never once saw or heard anyone complaining about their feet hurting, which you hear a lot when working at a greeter position. They may be ugly as sin, but I definately have heard they're comfortable. Haven't tried them myself but I have worn flip flops in the parks once for a couple hours and wanted to chop my feet off. I also definately prefer wearing socks because it helps keep the sweat off your feet, they may get a little hot sometimes, but I would rather have my feet a little warm than be sliding around in my shoes all day. Also, in the rain the crocs must be nice, but I have certainly witnessed quite afew people slip and fall on slippery surfaces in flip flops and sandals, but not in Crocs... Still, i'm a sneaker wearer through and through.

Former CM at Mission: Space
~Meredith

kakn7294
04-18-2007, 11:14 PM
I my humble opinion, Crocs are the most ridiculous looking things I have EVER seen in my ENTIRE life. I realize it's over the top, but when I see anyone wearing them, I just don't want any contact at all with that person. Somehow they seem unclean to me. Just stick to some sensible sneakers, and, please God, socks!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I cannot believe that you would judge me to be unclean based on my footwear! Since I wear my Crocs all of the time and yes, sometimes even without socks, I must be a very unclean person - actually, it saves alot of money on soap, shampoo, and laundry detergent! BTW, sneakers - with or without socks - are much smellier! My Crocs don't smell at all and can be washed as often as I want without worry of them falling apart, unlike the most expensive of sneakers!

Personally, I don't have the Cleos - I didn't think they looked like something I would like - I have a similar pair of leather dress sandals and I don't like them. I do want to try the Athens and Capri styles - I love flip-flops. I was also considering the Scutes.

auntfrannie
04-19-2007, 06:08 AM
I cannot believe that you would judge me to be unclean based on my footwear! Since I wear my Crocs all of the time and yes, sometimes even without socks, I must be a very unclean person - actually, it saves alot of money on soap, shampoo, and laundry detergent! BTW, sneakers - with or without socks - are much smellier! My Crocs don't smell at all and can be washed as often as I want without worry of them falling apart, unlike the most expensive of sneakers!

Personally, I don't have the Cleos - I didn't think they looked like something I would like - I have a similar pair of leather dress sandals and I don't like them. I do want to try the Athens and Capri styles - I love flip-flops. I was also considering the Scutes.

The crocs are made with or treated with some kind of anti-bacterial chemical so I would imagine they're definitely cleaner than my sneakers!

I agree the crocs are pretty ugly (the original oens) but they are very comfortable. The cleos are nice looking!

Sammyjo
04-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Crocs are very ugly. I think it depends on what your feet need if it will work for you. I have bony feet and shoes with lots of cushion are what I need, so crocs are great for me. I stand on my feet all day on concrete and I love my crocs. As far as them being ugly I prefer comfort over fashion. If your feet are happier in shoes like berkenstocks crocs are not for you because you need support not cushion.

Wolf
04-19-2007, 09:10 PM

Rude, rude, rude! I dont care if you think I am unclean, I bathe daily, wash my hands frequently and my shoes smell better than yours! I love my crocs all 3 pairs I have of them and cant wait till we are at WDW at the same time and I can do parks from open to close and go dancing IN MY CROCS afterwards! Seriously though, dont be so judgemental. 1. Its a sin, 2. Its stupid. I would never judge you because your shoes were dirty even though you would judge me for clean crocs.

moe513
04-20-2007, 09:36 AM
I wore my Berkenstack sandals last Aug and they were great. No socks.

Funcruiser56
04-20-2007, 10:52 AM
I llike the look of the Patras while very similar to Cleos they don't seem to come across so low on the toes. I found some at our mall but not my size. I am considering just ordering them online since our trip is in 7 weeks I want to give them a good wear in period.

I am a avid birkenstock wearer and have 6 pair but last trip they were just killing my feet I needed cushioning so I ended up wearing my son's crocs and they saved my feet wearing them with a pair of socks. I am not a big fan of closed toe shoes so the Patras would be perfect for me!

Considering how many people were wearing them last trip they seem to be pretty popular!

Bev

disneyfunatics
04-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Rude, rude, rude! I dont care if you think I am unclean, I bathe daily, wash my hands frequently and my shoes smell better than yours! I love my crocs all 3 pairs I have of them and cant wait till we are at WDW at the same time and I can do parks from open to close and go dancing IN MY CROCS afterwards! Seriously though, dont be so judgemental. 1. Its a sin, 2. Its stupid. I would never judge you because your shoes were dirty even though you would judge me for clean crocs.

Oh man! PLEASE read my post before you reply! I NEVER accused anybody of being unclean. I stated that the CROCS on bare feet somehow SEEM unclean to me. Big difference. Wow, and I SINNED? :confused: :confused: :confused: Jeeze, you might have a few issues that are in a place a bit further up top, as opposed to down by your toes.

Sir Notlob
04-20-2007, 01:01 PM
I wear boxes of kleenex on my feet.

kakn7294
04-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I wear boxes of kleenex on my feet.
Hey cool! I might have to give that a try! It's certainly cheaper than shoes but I'm wondering what happens when they get wet? :D

Oh man! PLEASE read my post before you reply! I NEVER accused anybody of being unclean. I stated that the CROCS on bare feet somehow SEEM unclean to me. Big difference. Wow, and I SINNED? :confused: :confused: :confused: Jeeze, you might have a few issues that are in a place a bit further up top, as opposed to down by your toes.
See, the problem is that we DID read your post and that's not what it said to us. Your statement makes it sound like you have some serious issues and completely avoid anyone who wears Crocs because we are unclean people. Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's exactly how it comes across. I tried to make light of it, but obviously some people are going to be offended. Let this be a lesson to us all - NEVER DISS ANOTHER PERSON'S FOOTWEAR (even if it is ugly and stinky).

4myprincesses
04-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I just recieved my capri's in the mail (croc flip-flop for women) Talk about walking on a cloud but with support. I have a difficult foot (try looking for 11 narrow next time your shopping) so just any croc won't fit, it has to be the ones designed specifically for women and I order a ten as the crocs tend to run big.

I never thought I would find a firm but cushy flip-flop with anti-microbial protection as well as arch support. Flip-flops get so stinky, but these are proven not to do so...worth a try for me.

Not sure I'll do Disney in them though...we'll see how they do at the zoo first.

By the way, the old standard crocs are not the only ones out there now. They have many, many styles that really are much more mainstream looking. Though, the original is nearly becoming mainstream.

Jen66
04-21-2007, 09:18 AM
I agree that Croc's are incredibly unattractive, but DD wants a pair, so I am buying them for her. That said, I tried on a pair just like night for some reason and I felt like Frankenstein! I know everyone says they are great, but ugh, not for me. I will stick to me Ecco's.

MickeyDreamer
04-21-2007, 02:50 PM
We both bought the Disney croc's last week when we got there. We wore them the whole time we where there. My feet loved them. :thumbsup:

Funcruiser56
04-21-2007, 05:52 PM
If you would like some new crocs I just got a postcard today for free shipping if you order from crocs dotcom
the code is spring07
it's good till 5-31-07

Bev