PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp 10/31

Tynkerbelle
04-04-2007, 08:49 AM
We've always gone earlier in the month, but this year we're considering Halloween.... I know it always sells out, but how bad is it?

Our only other options are 10/28 (the day we arrive) and 10/30...

SurferStitch
04-04-2007, 09:12 AM
We went on Halloween night in 2004, and while it was sold out, the crowds just didn't seem too bad. We were able to do any ride we wanted with almost no wait. We had front row spots for the parade with only a 20-30 minute wait or so. We then let a few little kids in front of us right before the parade started so they could have a great view of the floats (which made their parents very happy).

It really emptied out after the fireworks. We weren't trick-or-treating, but we had CM's literally dumping loads of candy into our bags (4 adults - no kids). They said they had so much to get rid of, that they just piled the candy into the trick-or-treat bags.

Halloween night is awesome. Go and have a great time!

Goofy Pluto
04-04-2007, 10:59 AM
We went on Halloween night in 2001. It can't be beat. We couldn't have had a more perfect fall night for it. It was cool, the moon was full in a partly cloudy sky, and I really didn't think the crowds were bad at all. Back then they had free pictures, which I think I've read they don't do any more, but back then there was a wait for that and big crowds for the first parade, but ride lines were not bad. Of course, we were doing more walking around taking in the atmosphere and collecting candy than going on rides, anyway.

The coolest part? We ended the night as one of the last groups of riders on the Haunted Mansion. When we got off, it was after midnight and the park was practically deserted! We walked out almost all alone and just got to take in everything by ourselves. REALLY cool.

Anyway, this is a limited ticket event and I would HIGHLY recommend going on Halloween if you can go. It's so much fun!

Dopey's Girl
04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I was there one Halloween last year, and attended the party. It was a blast! It was a bit crowded up until the fireworks, but then the park cleared out! I rode Pirates twice, BTMRR twice, Splash once and the Jungle Cruise once all in the span of about an hour! It was great! If you can swing it, I would do it in a heartbeat! :thumbsup:

OctDisney
04-04-2007, 02:40 PM
We went in October 2006 on Halloween and it was fun.

Crowd level - not too bad though some areas were really crowded.

One piece of advice - Go to the Magic Kingdom in the morning. We did and we on ride multiple times and we were done by Noon.

This made the party more fun and we did not have to worry about going on certain rides.

Tinkerfreak
04-04-2007, 04:00 PM
We have never found it too crowded and we usually go on Halloween night. I think if it falls on a week night it is not as bad as if it fell on a weekend. I think alot of the locals go on the weekends because the kids have school the day after Halloween. Hopefully we will be there again this year on Halloween.

Ducklover
04-04-2007, 07:46 PM
:mickey:
I went on MNSSHP on Halloween night 2003 expecting it to be super crowded. truth is-it was awesome. No too many crowds and the folks with little kids were gone by 10pm. we got too many bags of candy to bring home(the housekeeper loved that), did all the rides multiple times and saw the parade, steamboat etc. One suggestion, get the face painting early! We entered through Adventureland and were the first ones in line, when we passed by later it was such a long line!!!!
Have fun!!!!:number1: