PDA

View Full Version : The It's About Time! Report, Day 7, 8/23/06

BronxTigger
04-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Day 7 – Wednesday, August 23, 2006 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/558501868AxvKSP) <click for photos

Another late morning; we caught the 11:00 (eleven??) bus to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. We started out at the Living Seas, where we looked at the aquatic life. Turtle Talk had recently opened, and we would have liked to try it, but the lines were quite long so we skipped it. We went to the Land to try out Sunshine Seasons, which is a nice change of pace from most of the CS restaurants in WDW.

After lunch, we went to the World Showcase and browsed. This was followed by a trip on Maelstrom, which we had missed on our earlier visit to Epcot. I then HAD to get an order of lefse at the Norway Bakery (family tradition…cannnot miss). Then, we caught the China movie, which we had also missed on our previous trip around World Showcase. After a brief stop in Mouse Gears, we walked over to MGM on the path that runs along the Boardwalk Inn.

When we got to MGM, it was time for dinner. No, the path is not that long, we just had dinner ADRs at 3pm for Hollywood & Vine. We are the first people in the restaurant; they are still setting up the buffet. The meal was not bad; DH likes buffets more than me. He says this was his favorite meal of the trip. (Mine was Beaches & Cream.) After dinner we decided to just sit on a bench near that boat that sells frozen lemonade and watch the world go by. As we are sitting on the bench, the parade goes by, so we got up to get a closer look, then, we returned to the bench to relax some more. I decided to go to One Man’s Dream. We had gone to this before, but I did not finish looking at things to my satisfaction before we were invited to watch the movie. So, I went back to finish what I had not seen before, then exited without watching the movie.

After Dream, we both went on Tower of Terror. While we had been sitting on the bench, we were looking at it and trying to decide whether or not to do it. Finally, we decided to try it and also decided we better do it before we changed our minds. So, off we went. We had a great time; I kind of wanted to do it again, but DH said no, and I didn’t want to do it alone so we just got Mickey Bars instead. Then, we went to Oscar’s for our Fantasmic reserved seating that was included with our Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Neither of us had seen Fantasmic before. I’m glad we took the time to see it. It was excellent! I love what they did with the water. When the show ended, DH took the bus back to SOG. I had other plans. I had not yet seen Wishes all the way through, and I was determined to get to MK in time to watch the whole thing, all at once. When Fantasmic ended, I was Woman On A Mission to get to the TTC bus. I got to the bus ahead of most people, and caught the first TTC bus that came. From there, I caught the monorail to the MK, and actually arrived at MK with about a half hour to spare. I browsed the Emporium and also the little camera/theater area by City Hall. Then, I went out to Main Street to watch Wishes. I was standing right in the middle of the street, between the two trolley tracks, right about where they split to go around the circle. I watched the whole Wishes for the first time. The only time I had seen it before was from the California Grill in June 2005. Watching it from Main Street was much better. I’m glad I was able to make it from MGM to MK in time to watch it, especially since this was our last night of our trip.

thejens
04-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I am so glad you got to see Wishes all the way through! It's great that you do the things you enjoy even tho your husband does his own thing.

Maleficent's Dad
04-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Soooo, you're that commando woman who elbows her way to the TTC?!? ;)

Glad you had another great day! :mickey:

pogo
04-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't know how you do it........... I had to sit down while reading this. :mickey:

I'm glad you saw Fantasmic ! It's one of my favorites.:thumbsup:

On to read day 8. :D

Christine
04-03-2007, 11:34 PM
What a busy day...

great shot out of the back of Maelstrom!

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 02:09 AM
I get axhausted just reading what you did in a day. I guess being 16 years younger than me has its advantages;) I love the pic from the back of Maelstrom too:thumbsup:

faline
04-04-2007, 10:47 AM
An excellent way to end your trip!

DizNee143
04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
i like the picture you have of wishes!! sounds like a good day again!! :mickey:

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 08:18 PM
That sunset is incredible. :thumbsup:
Karen

HndrdPrcnt
04-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Loved the pictures...especially the sunset. The day sounds like a great one too. Great to hear that you got to take in not only Fantasmic!, but also Wishes. I love them both. Although, I must say that Fantasmic! at DLR is much better!!

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: