PDA

View Full Version : The It's About Time! Report, Day 6, 8/22/06

BronxTigger
04-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Day 6 – Tuesday, August 22, 2006 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/558499047BZeKTC) <click for photos

We did not get up until about 9 this day. We went and did laundry at the hotel, and tidied up our stuff a bit. We also bought mini-golf tickets to use later from the SOG ticket office.

At 12:30 we took the bus to Animal Kingdom. We both love this park! We explored the Oasis for awhile, then had lunch at Pizzafari. When we were leaving, there was a band playing steel drums outside the restaurant, so we listened for a bit before heading over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. When we got near the petting zoo, there was a little crowd around a yellow trash can. Turns out, it’s not a trash can, but a talking RECYCLING can. This can was hilarious; everybody was laughing. When we went into the petting zoo area, the first thing that happened was a goat grabbed my AK map out of my bag and ate it. I told the CM and she told me that I needed to be more careful. Huh? I was not told that the animals would eat my stuff, and there was no sign to indicate that might happen. I’m not familiar enough with goats to guess that would happen either. Later, I was talking with another petting zoo CM about it and she said that Jake (the goat) does that all the time and not to worry about it. Apparantly, Jake has even unzipped some bags and taken snacks from people. I felt better after that.

Ironically, after we leave the petting zoo, we see Jake on stage. He’s a popular goat. The show was to show how they train the animals at AK; after Jake they showed a snake. They have a demonstration show next to the petting zoo every day, but the animals change from day to day. After all this, I need a Mickey Bar, I’m glad they had a sink outside the petting zoo.

After Rafiki’s Planet Watch, we head over to Dinoland. We ride Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, Triceratop Spin, and a second trip through time on Primeval Whirl. Dinoland is followed by Kali River Rapids (twice!), where we got SOAKED. If this sounds familiar, it is; we got soaked on this same ride only two days earlier. But it’s so much fun! Especially in August! We then took our chances for a trip on E:E, and luckily we walked right on. It was only 5 minutes before the park closed when we got to the queue, so I wasn’t sure if they would let us get on the line, but they did and I’m happy for it!

On the way out of the park we got one of those popcorn tubs to take with us for a snack. We caught the first bus to Blizzard Beach (no, we did not eat on the bus), where we entered Blizzard Beach to…eat dinner. We ate dinner at Lottawatta Lodge, then strolled around for a bit before we went to play mini-golf at Winter Summerland. We decided to play the winter side, and we had a good time. We might have to do another mini-golf game next trip. We caught the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge after our game. We were not planning to take the bus to AKL, but we were not sure if there would be another bus, so we went to AKL, which turned out to be pretty cool. We saw some animals and explored for a bit before going to Downtown Disney, where we went to Disney Quest. I was a little disappointed in Disney Quest, because I remember it was it was new and things were in better condition. Also, last time I was there it was not crowded (we had gone in the middle of the day). This time, there were long lines for everything, and a lot of things seemed to be out of order. We did the Aladdin thing, then we walked around before leaving for SOG.

Maleficent's Dad
04-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Another busy day!
Love the mini-golf at WDW, but I've never played the courses next to BB.
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

pogo
04-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Goats ? You don't know about goats and your from the Bronx ? There's goats all over the place there. ;) Lol

Another great day. Can't wait to read more. :D

Here we go again...
04-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Another fun day, Thanks for sharing

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 01:50 AM
I'll have to look for Jake the goat, he sounds like alot of fun:thumbsup:

faline
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Jake seems to be a bit overly friendly!

DizNee143
04-05-2007, 02:31 PM
sounds like you had a fun day in AK...lol at least you know now for next time to watch out for the goats!!! lol :mickey:

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Good to see your dh back :mickey: I always have good intentions to visit RPW, but somehow I never make it (probably no one wants to come with me :( )
Thanks
Karen

HndrdPrcnt
04-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Sounds like you got a lot in, but yet the day was still relaxing. I love doing mini-golf.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: