PDA

View Full Version : I thought there were not going to be any more Disney Treasures

Speedy1998
04-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I thought it was announced earlier this year that there would not be any more Disney treasures. Bloomberg says there will be a 7th wave on Dec 11, 2007.

Rare Gems From the Disney Vault, The Newest Additions to the
Popular Walt Disney Treasures

OSWALD THE LUCKY RABBIT

CHRONOLOGICAL DONALD, VOLUME 3

DISNEYLAND: STORIES, SECRETS, AND MAGIC

Each 2-Disc DVD Set Includes Authenticity Certificate and Collectible Lithograph Available in Limited Supply December 11

BURBANK, Calif., April 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Walt Disney Home Entertainment continues the popular Walt Disney Treasures series with three new 2-Disc DVD sets featuring rarely seen footage presented with amazing color and sound. The seventh installment of Walt Disney Treasures will be available December 11, 2007 in a limited supply just in time for the holidays.

Predating even Mickey Mouse, the legendary and rarely-seen "Oswald The Lucky Rabbit" was Walt Disney's first big animated star, and having recently returned to the Disney fold, comes out of the vault for the first time ever on DVD. The silent shorts made from 1926 to 1927 with Walt's personal touch, are revitalized with a brand-new score specifically made for Walt Disney Treasures, Wave VII.

"Chronological Donald, Volume 3" features the most prolific of "Walt's Fab Five," the short-tempered but hilarious Donald Duck in rarely seen solo shorts dating 1947 through 1950.

"Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic" is a comprehensive look at the "Happiest Place on Earth." The centerpiece of this volume is a new documentary with archival footage, including Walt's own words, as well as new interviews that reveal the magic and manpower behind one of the world's most famous destinations.

Each volume features noted film historian, author, and critic Leonard Maltin. Each volume is individually numbered, with an authenticity certificate, and an exclusive lithograph in the collectible, unique packaging tins and available just in time for the holidays, in a limited supply only.

Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc and electronic distribution. Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment is a division of Disney Enterprises, Inc.

These press materials are available at www.BVHEpublicity.com

(C) Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc.

DizneyRox
04-03-2007, 02:14 PM
This is one thing I look forward to each December, so I'm glad they are continuing the releases.

:thumbsup:

JPL
04-03-2007, 02:17 PM
If I remember correctly this set will close out the series.

Disneyatic
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
How much do these usually cost?

Scott C
04-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Around $25 ea at mass marketers

Thanks
Scott C

Melanie
04-03-2007, 07:28 PM
FINALLY - Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic! :tink: I'm so glad it will be a part of the 'Treasures' series after all the delays.

What a great birthday present for myself. :)

Ian
04-04-2007, 09:30 AM
SWEET! :cool:

Christine
04-04-2007, 10:15 AM
This is very good news! Glad to hear it!

January-2007
04-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Why would they stop making them? There is so much more that they can share with us! This year I am going to have the money to buy them right when they come out. Last year we were saving for the wedding/honeymoon so I didn't get them until a few weeks ago and they were all ready sold out of one of them. Love 'em! Very glad to know I won't be looking forward to nothing!

Speedy1998
04-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Why would they stop making them? !

Beats me, there was a press release out earlier this year that they were not going to issue any more releases.

The other thing I find intresting is that there will be an Oswald collection. Last time I checked (about 3 weeks ago) Oswald was going to be released as a Legacy Collection.