PDA

View Full Version : Which Cinderella Character Meal is Best?

BRJARE3
04-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi. I have been researching the princess character meals for my 5 year old. We want to take her to one on her birthday, but I have not heard great things about the food. I was hoping someone can help me to pick the best one. I was thinking of 1800 Park Fare for Dinner, Princess Storybook for breakfast or lunch, or Cinderella's Royal table for breakfast. I'm not sure if the Princess Storybook one has Cinderella or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

GreenBeetle
04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
No, Cinderella does not appear at the Princess Storybook breakfast - which is probably why it's easier to book than Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast. We saw Ariel, Jasmine, Snow White, Belle and Mulan there. I found the food to be about the same - sausage, bacon, cheesy potatoes, eggs etc. The atmosphere is similar too - it's a castle, just not Cinderalla's castle. Also, keep in mind that CRT is 2 table service credits if you are on the dining plan. But I know there are some little girls out there that MUST eat at Cinderella's Castle. ;)

Sorry, I've never been to 1900 Park Fare.

pixieprelude
04-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I have been to the castle, the storybook breakfast and 1900 parkfare. Cinderella spends lots of time with the kids at 1900 park fare and the food is pretty good. The storybook does not have Cinderella. the Castle is totally magical; however it is hard to get a reservation inless you call at 7am 180 days in advance. I truly love all these places; however I would go with 1900 parkfare. The food is good and Cinderella has more time with the kids because it is not so busy. Don't worry they are all disney magical!

BelleBeauty
04-03-2007, 10:01 AM
I would recommend 1900 Park Fare. CRT is nice just for the castle atmosphere, but the food is always so-so. Also at 1900 Park Fare, you have the chance of seeing various other characters that are hard to find in the parks, including the Step Sisters, Cinderella's Mice Friends, and I've heard of other princesses being there as well.

ginger19
04-03-2007, 10:50 AM
1900 Park Fare was excellent! We had quite a bit of time with Cinderella and the other characters and then Aurora was in the hallway posing for pictures when we were leaving. The food was probably one of the better buffets at Disney

g0189a
04-03-2007, 01:02 PM
We've done the 1900 Park Fare dinner with Cinderella as well as the Castle Cinderella dinner/show. I really preferred the 1900 Park Fare since the characters spend time at the table and you don't feel rushed.

The castle has a little show by the fairy godmother and the mice. It was OK, but I felt quite rushed and the extreme shortness of character visiting was too bad (not even enough time to get your camera out). The castle is grand from saying you at in the castle and the castle is better venue wise than an over-and-down-a-hallway restaurant tucked away at the Grand Floridian. But it's sooo crowded at the castle. You still wait 20-30 minutes in the waiting area in the noisy stone castle to be called upstairs when you arrived on time for your reservation. You just feel so rushed at the castle.

The good news about the castle is that we ended our meal right before the fireworks and were dumped right in the front of the castle. Oh well, can't move - guess we're up front. :-)

Another hint - order a little birthday cake for something like $8 or $11. We did this at 1900 Park Fare. (I'm not sure if they even do this at the castle now that it's a highly timed show and meal) They make a big deal over the birthday and it's really extra special for the kids complete with plastic crowns too. We ordered two since my kids are only a month apart and had enough cake for the kids at the surrounding tables too so that made even more friends.

Glenn

Bruegge
04-03-2007, 01:31 PM
In our last two visits we did Lunch.

We watched the Mickey show (can't remember the name... it's if front of the castle)

We then went to our lunch at the castle and had a ball.

Scott

Goofy Pluto
04-03-2007, 02:05 PM
At what meals does Cinderella appear at 1900 Park Fair?

tinksmom02
04-03-2007, 10:30 PM
At what meals does Cinderella appear at 1900 Park Fair?

She's at dinner...breakfast has Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Tigger and Pooh.